Windows 10: Timeline

Discus and support Timeline in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the timeline feature enabled in windows 10. However, I don't see my Microsoft word or excel documents when I scroll through the timeline. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dulith Perera, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Timeline

I have the timeline feature enabled in windows 10. However, I don't see my Microsoft word or excel documents when I scroll through the timeline. How do I enable this?

:)

Dulith Perera, Apr 29, 2019

2. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article http://www.thewindowsclub.com/timeline-feature-not-working-windows), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Timeline under PEOPLE shows nothing

It's possible that some system files for the People app needs to be re-registered. To do that, we suggest following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Command Prompt (Admin).

• Copy and paste the following command: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *People*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage
      -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
      and press Enter.

• Once it's finished, close the Command Prompt and check if Timelines are available on the app.

Gice us an update on what happens after re-registering the People app.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Timeline

Windows Timeline

So timeline was working up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Desktop running windows 10 pro on a domain -not signed into a Microsoft account. It will keep any local stuff and all web activities but anytime I open a file from a mapped drive it never shows in
    the timeline. Any suggestions?

WilliamRichard2, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Timeline

1. Timeline - Similar Threads - Timeline

2. Microsoft Task View/Timeline Cards flicker for 1-2 seconds on the desktop before...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Task View/Timeline Cards flicker for 1-2 seconds on the desktop before...: Hello everyone! I am brand new here and, unfortunately, not very good with computers. I've looked everywhere I know for a solution. This is my last stop before returning my laptop. Hopefully, one of you masters can help. I just received my new laptop a few days ago....
  3. Timeline Feature causes explorer.exe to crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Timeline Feature causes explorer.exe to crash: I am currently using Windows 10 1909. I was trying to delete a few activity history into my window 10 timeline Then suddenly the screens go black for a second and comes back on When i check the reliability history it shows explorer.exe has stopped working Seems like...
  4. Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View: I am trying to clear the activities from my Timeline in Task View. If I click on remove for one item or all for a specific dates some activities are removed and others remain in a silhouette/transparent form and then I simply cannot remove them. I also see that the "Clear"...
  5. Windows 10 timeline

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 timeline: windows 10 1909 So basically whenever i try to remove the activity history in the timeline.. after a deleting a few history. the screen goes black for a second and comes back on. and when i check the reliability history it says explorer. exe has stopped working. here is...
  6. Windows 10 timeline

Windows 10 timeline: windows 10 1909 So basically whenever i try to remove the activity history in the timeline.. after a deleting a few history. the screen goes black for a second and comes back on. and when i check the reliability history it says explorer. exe has stopped working. i have done...
  7. Hide "see your activities on all of your devices" on Timeline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide "see your activities on all of your devices" on Timeline: I just upgraded to 1909 and there is a question "see your activities on all of your devices" on the timeline, with only a "yes'" button. I find this annoying. Is there some way to get rid of it without clicking "yes"?...
  8. Timeline office 2013 apps

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Timeline office 2013 apps: Hello All, trying to figure out if there's something wrong to fix or it is just the way it works. basically in my private PC i usually login with a local account, Timeline just shows chrome page visited. I can't see any office doc, xls or ppt i have opened, that would be much...
  9. Windows new timeline feature 99$

Windows new timeline feature 99$: A friend had a popup appear when he started his computer , asking if he would like to try a new timeline feature for 99$, he said no, but in research I cant find anything about it online and curious if it was/is a virus/malware. submitted by /u/deslaurierdraws [link]...
  10. Logitech M720 mouse randomly causes Desktop/Task Window/Windows Timeline/Other to display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logitech M720 mouse randomly causes Desktop/Task Window/Windows Timeline/Other to display: After searching endlessly and finding no discussions that presented with a successful solution I decided look at logitech's feature descriptions as it related to my new M720 mouse. I found the answer in a blog article published by Logitech - discussing "Logitech Options"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 Timeline Activity not showing up