Windows 10: TimeMachine for Windows - how do you back up your files and/or the entire OS?

Discus and support TimeMachine for Windows - how do you back up your files and/or the entire OS? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm new on Windows. On Mac there was TimeMachine, actually the only thing I'm missing from it, that backs up everything automatically and also single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/neilpare, Jan 18, 2021.

1. TimeMachine for Windows - how do you back up your files and/or the entire OS?

I'm new on Windows.

On Mac there was TimeMachine, actually the only thing I'm missing from it, that backs up everything automatically and also single files are recoverable.

Now, I don't expect such thing at its finest, Mac is too close and it's "easy" to achieve that kind of features, but is there anything similar for Windows 10 that isn't a malware or a spyware?

I tried to search but other than fake articles suggesting some kind of software, I didn't find much...

At the end of the day the real question is: how do you back up your files and/or the OS?

It doesn't have to be automated but drag&drop everything to an HDD every times I need a backup doesn't sound very optimized.

submitted by /u/neilpare
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/neilpare, Jan 18, 2021
  2. little cat, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2021
  4. TimeMachine for Windows - how do you back up your files and/or the entire OS?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

TimeMachine for Windows - how do you back up your files and/or the entire OS?

1. TimeMachine for Windows - how do you back up your files and/or the entire OS? - Similar Threads - TimeMachine files entire

2. How do I back up my current instance of Windows OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I back up my current instance of Windows OS?: I have used windows for a long time but have never used the backup restore. After reading help on it I still can't tell what it does.Does it only back up files and folders or does it back up the entire instance of Windows.?I want to back up windows in its current state to...
  3. How do I back up my current instance of Windows OS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I back up my current instance of Windows OS?: I have used windows for a long time but have never used the backup restore. After reading help on it I still can't tell what it does.Does it only back up files and folders or does it back up the entire instance of Windows.?I want to back up windows in its current state to...
  4. How do I back up my current instance of Windows OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do you Zoom Out on Entire Screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you Zoom Out on Entire Screen?: The entire screen on my Dell zoomed in and I would like to revert it back to the original but do not know how. I tried searching online but it either did not work or it told me to do something I could not find ie Control panel-System-Display except I cannot find display in...
  6. How do you Zoom Out on Entire Screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you Zoom Out on Entire Screen?: The entire screen on my Dell zoomed in and I would like to revert it back to the original but do not know how. I tried searching online but it either did not work or it told me to do something I could not find ie Control panel-System-Display except I cannot find display in...
  7. Backing up OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backing up OS: Is there a method to backup only the windows files? Like, I don't want to backup anything else, just the OS and important system files are important in case something happens so that I can recover. Also, as of now, I don't have a hard drive around, so if you guys could help...
  8. How do you unblacklist files on your pc?

How do you unblacklist files on your pc?: I accidentally blacklisted a game on my pc and I don’t know how to get it back. Does anyone have an answer to solve my problem? submitted by /u/1993FordAerostar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kigwp9/how_do_you_unblacklist_files_on_your_pc/
  9. How do you create a system back up on your machine?

How do you create a system back up on your machine?: I am wondering if there is a way to back up my entire OS to an external hard drive, much like Apple's Time Machine. I want something that if, Worst case Scenario, something happens to my computer and I can't even start it up, that I can restore it with all my settings and...
  10. Back up to an external drive - how do you do it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Back up to an external drive - how do you do it: How do I back up my files to an external drive? Where do I find it to ask it to run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/back-up-to-an-external-drive-how-do-you-do-it/8d225a3b-cec0-4289-b61b-1423930608a0