Windows 10: Timeout from app server to SQl server after installing KB5000803

Discus and support Timeout from app server to SQl server after installing KB5000803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, OS - Windows 2016 Server Datacenter, this is production server launched on AWS. When did it begin and how often does it occur? >> Issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rameshwar Karad, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Timeout from app server to SQl server after installing KB5000803

Hi,

OS - Windows 2016 Server Datacenter, this is production server launched on AWS.

When did it begin and how often does it occur?

>> Issue started on 4th April after installing KB5000803. Issue is intermittent.

What errors do you see?

>> Application server app is in asp.net unable to reach SQL server with timeout error.

What's the environment and are there recent changes?

>> It is production server. There are no recent changes in environment.

What have you tried to troubleshoot this?

>> We have uninstalled the update and then it started working again as before update.

Then we have tried to replicate these servers to our DR site for testing purpose and installed the KB5000803 on them.

It worked at first attempt and we have stopped the servers. Again we have started the servers on next day for troubleshooting and we found that it stopped working without any changes with same timeout error as production.

We checked in the event logs but unable to see any error. Then we have just rebooed SQL server and it started working again.

So not sure what is the issue. Looks like issue is intermittent. Please advice the solution or let us know if any bug with this patch.

Thanks

:)

Rameshwar Karad, Apr 12, 2021

2. SQL Server service timeout error

Hello,

When using SQL Server 2014, in the SQL Configuration Manager, the SQL Server service is stopped. I tried to start it, but I get a timeout error: 'The request failed or the service did not respond in a timely fashion.'

Please let me know if you can solve this issue.

Thanks,

Zahra Addetia

ZahraAddetia, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    SQL Server + Python — What’s new

Source: SQL Server + Python s new | SQL Server Blog

Brink, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Timeout from app server to SQl server after installing KB5000803

SQL Server + PHP – What’s new

Source: SQL Server + PHP s new | SQL Server Blog

Brink, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Timeout from app server to SQl server after installing KB5000803

1. Timeout from app server to SQl server after installing KB5000803 - Similar Threads - Timeout app server

2. SQL server installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL server installation error: Dear team,I Would like to inform to this mail when i am installing SQL server in Windows server 2012R2 Operating system i am getting error.and find out the attached Images kindly do the need full ASAP.Best regards,IT....
  3. SQL server installation error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL server installation error: Dear team,I Would like to inform to this mail when i am installing SQL server in Windows server 2012R2 Operating system i am getting error.and find out the attached Images kindly do the need full ASAP.Best regards,IT....
  4. SQL server installation error

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  6. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  7. SQL server

SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  8. SQL server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  9. SQL Server service timeout error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SQL Server service timeout error: Hello, When using SQL Server 2014, in the SQL Configuration Manager, the SQL Server service is stopped. I tried to start it, but I get a timeout error: 'The request failed or the service did not respond in a timely fashion.' Please let me know if you can solve this issue....
  10. sql server install error

sql server install error: I get the error message of "Version string portion was too short or too long." I've uninstalled all previous versions of SQL and removed any references to .net framework. Windows10-64bit, I5-3GHZ, 16GB ram How do I get past this install error?...