Windows 10: Timeout Missing From Windows Boot Screen

Discus and support Timeout Missing From Windows Boot Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 machine that is dual-boot. Using bcdedit, I modified the boot settings so that the legacy boot screen appears showing both boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thecranium, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Timeout Missing From Windows Boot Screen

I have a Windows 10 machine that is dual-boot. Using bcdedit, I modified the boot settings so that the legacy boot screen appears showing both boot options instead of the blue Windows 10 screen. The problem is that even though I have the timeout set to 20 seconds, no timeout appears on the boot screen, and I have to physically make my selection and press "Enter" to continue, otherwise it will sit at that screen forever. I haven't found anything on the internet that shows that anyone else has seen this. This same PC with the same boot options worked when it had Windows 7 installed. Any idea why the timeout disappeared and how to get it back?

:)

thecranium, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 5, 2018
  3. How to extend or eliminate the timeout at sign in on an Acer Windows

Hi Lori,

To address your concern, we suggest that you adjust your screen timeout setting. It helps you set the time on how long before the screen will be locked due to inactivity.

You can follow the steps below on how to set your screen timeout:

1. Right-click on the Desktop, then choose Personalize.

2. Click Lock screen found on the left pane.

3. Click Screen timeout settings at the bottom part of the page.

4. Choose your preferred screen timeout on the drop down list under Screen.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Timeout Missing From Windows Boot Screen

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Timeout Missing From Windows Boot Screen

1. Timeout Missing From Windows Boot Screen - Similar Threads - Timeout Missing Boot

2. Windows 11 Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Screen Timeout: My issue with the screen timeout settings is that no matter what I set the timeout to, the screen turns off after just a couple of minutes of inactivity, even if it set it to NEVER on battery or power. Power is set to BALANCED. I also ran the POWER trouble-shooting and no...
  3. Windows 11 Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Screen Timeout: No matter what I've tried I can't get my screens to turnoff after the set amount of time. I tried resetting power settings to default. Have tried it in the different places to get to power settings. I even tried reinstalling windows 11 clean. It's the same thing where my...
  4. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Timeout: Set my screen timeout setting to never but it continues to return to login screen when not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/922a0121-8016-481f-9e30-2d1706bfea99
  5. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Timeout: Set my screen timeout setting to never but it continues to return to login screen when not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/922a0121-8016-481f-9e30-2d1706bfea99
  6. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 11 Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Screen Timeout: So...is there anyway to stop my laptop from locking after only 1 min. of inactivity? I've changed every setting even changed to "NEVER" and it still locks after one minute of not touching it. It is driving me absolutely BONKERS!!! Nothing seems to work gone to the Registry...
  8. Screen timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen timeout: my screen times out in 1 minute? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/09d0bb22-1a16-4f0b-b02d-0960081325c9
  9. screen timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    screen timeout: My screen timeout happens too fast- and then requires my windows password to reopen. how do I change this so no password is required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/8121f633-242a-4b58-a4bc-d0a9987014da
  10. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Timeout: Just got new computer for work with Windows 10 Pro I believe. No matter how many articles and advice posts I read and try, my screen locks out in 2 minutes and you have to log back in. Someone please help, this makes me want to choke someone out all day...