Windows 10: Timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller

Discus and support Timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm new to this website and am hopeful that I can find a way to avoid needing to take my PC into a shop for repairs. Several weeks ago now the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sbibb1, Oct 12, 2019.

1. sbibb1 Win User

Timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller

I'm new to this website and am hopeful that I can find a way to avoid needing to take my PC into a shop for repairs.

Several weeks ago now the USB ports in the back of my Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 PC started failing. I would get error messages that said "the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." Plugged into the four USB ports in the back of my PC are a printer, scanner, and two external hard drives, and these have all been plugged in now for years with no issues. The remaining USB ports, on the front and top of my PC continue to work. The failures vary on when they happen. Sometimes my computer can be on for hours and it will happen, other times the computer will be on shortly and it will happen.

When I reboot my computer, everything works again, and even documents that I sent to the PC when the USB failed earlier, will not print.

I have tried updating the drivers as well as uninstalling and the problem remains. I seem to think its some type of software issue that when some process on my PC runs it causes the error.

I'm no expert with the computer, but I was able to view the error logs which read:

A timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller Asynchronous Schedule to transition to the enabled state.

Timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller [​IMG]

In one of the USB 3 ports on the top of my PC I have plugged in the WiFi plug for my wireless mouse and keyboard, but these don't seem to have been an issue. But I'm not sure.

Can someone please let me know what I should do? Any help for this novice is so greatly appreciated.

:)

sbibb1, Oct 12, 2019

2. USB EHCI Timeout

A timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller Asynchronous Schedule to transition to the enabled state.

My event viewer is flooded with this error and what it's doing is highly aggravating. It's even worse that after a week I can't find any kind of solution.

I'm running Windows 10 PRO X64 on an MSI 970A G46 MOBO. It runs smoothly but then this error slams on the brakes. Everything USB shuts off. Nothing is registered. After 5 minutes Windows finally recognizes them again except my Cisco WiFi stick. I have all
    my drivers updated. I've even wiped and reinstalled all the drivers for my usb devices. The mouse, keyboard, xbox360 reciever, Cisco Wifi Adapter, and the wireless keyboard/mouse.

It's fine so long as I don't touch the computer but once I launch a game it happens immediately or while watching a movie, nothing else, it's just randomly occurs.

Is there a registry key I can edit to solve this or a hotfix?

Please help, this is driving me insane!

GetTheClicker, Oct 12, 2019
  3. USB EHCI timeout

Is there a fix for this? I have no idea what triggers it but my rig went absolutely nuts last night. Random USB devices kept shutting off and turning back on. The wifi adapter had to be plugged in to a new usb port every time it timed out.

Timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller [​IMG]

gettheclicker, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Driver host process timeout.

Hi,

The default timeout interval for the Driver host process is 60 seconds. If the driver couldn't respond as expected within this period, it's possible that the driver is outdated or incompatible with the operating system. We'll be able to provide the appropriate
    steps to resolve the timeout error once we have more information, so please answer these questions:

• Just to confirm, did this error only happen after you installed Fall Creators Update?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you encounter this error while your computer was idle, or were you using a specific program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller - Similar Threads - Timeout occurred while

2. A timeout was reached 45000 milliseconds while waiting for the IntelR TPM Provisioning...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A timeout was reached 45000 milliseconds while waiting for the IntelR TPM Provisioning...: My PC crashes due to this error. I did sfc and dism scan. My PC is from 2016 and it doesn't have TPM module. It usually happen when I want to run a game. What can I do ?...
  3. A timeout was reached 45000 milliseconds while waiting for the IntelR TPM Provisioning...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A timeout was reached 45000 milliseconds while waiting for the IntelR TPM Provisioning...: My PC crashes due to this error. I did sfc and dism scan. My PC is from 2016 and it doesn't have TPM module. It usually happen when I want to run a game. What can I do ?...
  4. A timeout was reached 45000 milliseconds while waiting for the IntelR TPM Provisioning...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. EHCI host controller problems and usb constantly disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EHCI host controller problems and usb constantly disconnecting: 587 / 5000Risultati della traduzionehi, I have an HP Z800 workstation with windows 10 installed on it, I use it to work in the music field, so I use various hardware and an audio interface for audio conversion. It often happens to me that the sound skips along with the audio...
  6. Driver host procces timeout

Driver host procces timeout: My PC keeps on turning off and on again as if it suddenly lost power for a second. On the reliability report it says 'Windows was not properly shutdown' Description The Windows User-Mode Driver Framework detected that a driver host-process did not complete a critical...
  7. Driver host process timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Driver host process timeout: I'm experiencing continous crashes as I try to boot up my pc. After the crash, I have to manually shut the computer down and boot it again. Then, it usually works. The strange part is that, when I'm afk for a period of time that is around 40-60 minutes, I get the same crash....
  8. Timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller

in Windows 10 Support
    Timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller: I'm new to this website and am hopeful that I can find a way to avoid needing to take my PC into a shop for repairs. Several weeks ago now the USB ports in the back of my Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 PC started failing. I would get error messages that said "the last USB...
  9. A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Steam Client

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Steam Client: Hello. Can somebody explain me this i found in event viewer:"A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Steam Client" "the service did not respond to start or control request timeline fashion " Its because Steam was running too slow or what?...
  10. USB EHCI timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB EHCI timeout: Is there a fix for this? I have no idea what triggers it but my rig went absolutely nuts last night. Random USB devices kept shutting off and turning back on. The wifi adapter had to be plugged in to a new usb port every time it timed out. [img] 65803