Windows 10: Timeout when trying to connect to any google account site: Gmail, calendar, or google...

Discus and support Timeout when trying to connect to any google account site: Gmail, calendar, or google... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't access gmail, calendar, or google account. Every time the connection times out. I get ERR_CONECTION_TIMED_OUT or something similar. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PhilMcCordic, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Timeout when trying to connect to any google account site: Gmail, calendar, or google...

I can't access gmail, calendar, or google account. Every time the connection times out.

I get ERR_CONECTION_TIMED_OUT or something similar.

It works on Some computers on my network (laptop, other PC (sometimes) but not my main PC. I also can't access google accounts from Microsoft Edge.

I've tried:

Logging out of Google account - can't log back in (webpage won't load)

Deleting cache, cookies, history

Trying in an incognito window

Accessing from command prompt ('connection timed out")

Downloading and re-installing Chrome

Unplugging Router and Modem

Turning off VPN

Changing home network from public to private and back

Checking Antivirus (Norton) to see if there's anything being blocked, or flagged.

I'm seriously at my wit's end. I can get on the main google search page, and YouTube, I just can't access my google account from my main computer.

:)

PhilMcCordic, Feb 20, 2019
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. Donna523 Win User
    synching Windows 10 Calendar with gmail Google calendar

I use the Windows 10 Calendar on my PC, and the Google Calendar on my gmail account as well as my Android phone. I am trying to synch all 3. Hwere is what is happening so far:

• My gmail calendar and my phone sync well, both ways.
    • events i enter on my gmail calendar show up on my PC calendar
    • Events that I enter into my PC calendar do NOT show up on my gmail calendar, and therefore not on my cell phone either
    On my PC calendar, I have gone into Settings-Manage Accounts, and switched my gmail calendar OFF and then back ON. From there I also deleted my gmail account, and put it back in. no change. Should I give up and just install Google Calendar on my PC?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Donna523, Feb 20, 2019
  4. trikster Win User

Timeout when trying to connect to any google account site: Gmail, calendar, or google...

Google calendar sync no longer working

I also have this problem following the Mango update yesterday. I tried deleting the google account from my phone and then recreating it. The issue is still there but now I no longer have any calendar information in my phone.

I haven't tried the gmail suggestion above so that will be my next step.

trikster, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Timeout when trying to connect to any google account site: Gmail, calendar, or google...

1. Timeout when trying to connect to any google account site: Gmail, calendar, or google... - Similar Threads - Timeout trying connect

2. google sites not working on any browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google sites not working on any browser: the google sites pages loading screen never stops loading on every web browser I use. i have cleared cookies, cache, and changed to a different account but it didn't work...
  3. google sites not working on any browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google sites not working on any browser: the google sites pages loading screen never stops loading on every web browser I use. i have cleared cookies, cache, and changed to a different account but it didn't work...
  4. My internet is connected, but Google site and Gmail, sometimes connect and sometimes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet is connected, but Google site and Gmail, sometimes connect and sometimes...: I am connected to the Internet through an internal network. My problem is that Recently my access to the Google site and Gmail is interrupted and reconnected intermittently. While other computers in this network do not have this problem. My IP Address and DNS server is auto,...
  5. My internet is connected, but Google site and Gmail, sometimes connect and sometimes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet is connected, but Google site and Gmail, sometimes connect and sometimes...: I am connected to the Internet through an internal network. My problem is that Recently my access to the Google site and Gmail is interrupted and reconnected intermittently. While other computers in this network do not have this problem. My IP Address and DNS server is auto,...
  6. My internet is connected, but Google site and Gmail, sometimes connect and sometimes...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Google sites not working in any browser!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google sites not working in any browser!: Few months ago the old Internet explorer got infected with virus. I scanned and then at last disabled it. And few days later deleted the temporary files from file manager cleaner, just to clean up some space. Then what I noticed is : Google search and suggestions won't work,...
  8. Trying to sync a Google account without gmail address

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to sync a Google account without gmail address: Trying to add my contacts and calendar to Windows 10. I have two google accs . I want to use them both. However when I try to add the second google account, after entering the google acc details it just won't sync. The problem actually seems to be with the fact that the...
  9. Google Calendar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Calendar: Average more novice than pro user who is setting up my new, upgraded Dell Inspiron 7000 series laptop with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge browser. Issue: My old ver of Google Calendar had notifications via email and/or screen pop-up. This new version has only pre-selected...
  10. Gmail account, Google

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gmail account, Google: Why can't I add my gmail account or any google products. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-google/e0a5f53b-939a-49f0-93f3-f07c9a76d242"