Windows 10: Timer for Solitaire game in an Event accumulates when game is not being played.

Discus and support Timer for Solitaire game in an Event accumulates when game is not being played. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Problem with timer running when it shouldn't. Was playing Klondike in an Event on Microsoft Solitaire Collection (3/12/2019). At the option to PLAY or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hamwithouteggs, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Timer for Solitaire game in an Event accumulates when game is not being played.

Problem with timer running when it shouldn't. Was playing Klondike in an Event on Microsoft Solitaire Collection (3/12/2019). At the option to PLAY or CANCEL, I chose CANCEL, used the back arrow to the Collection menu, then shutdown my pc. Hours later when I resumed the Event, I clicked PLAY and played the Klondike game. The resulting time was >12 hrs and obviously included hours when I hadn't started the game and wasn't in midplay. This trashed my total score for the Event.

Can the timer be fixed so it only accumulates when a game is in play or paused? Note that I had not clicked PLAY.

:)

Hamwithouteggs, Mar 13, 2019
  2. jellysill Win User

Microsoft solitaire event timer bug

Lately while playing Microsoft Solitaire Events, the timer keeps running when I take a break from the game. Before taking a break I always finish whatever game I'm playing, and hit the "back" button to go back to the Solitaire home screen. Today I played
    for 29 minutes, took a break for about 3 hours, and came back and played one game that took 4 minutes. I checked my time after that game, it was 3 hours and 33 minutes. The timer was running the entire time of my break. This doesn't always happen, but it's
    happened about 4 times over the past few weeks. It's really disheartening to invest time in an event and have this happen. Please fix!

jellysill, Mar 13, 2019
  3. turn off timer on simple solitaire

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the Solitaire timer.

Please follow the below mentioned steps in order to turn off the timer:

• Run the game, and go to the top left corner, and click on the
      game option/symbol [].
    • Click on the settings, and search for the timer option.
    • Select the timer option from on to
      off

I suggest you to refer the link on Timing in Microsoft Solitaire Collection in Windows 10 replied by DrPepper23 replied on August 14, 2015 and check if it helps.

Timing in Microsoft Solitaire Collection in Windows 10

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with the Solitaire timer. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Timer for Solitaire game in an Event accumulates when game is not being played.

issues with timer for microsoft solitaire collection events

Hello, this is a common problem with timing on the microsoft solitaire collection game with the way it calculates time. The issue is that it continues to count your timer even if you are not actually in the game/go do something else for a while and are
    not playing.

This seems to be a bug with the game in general.

You can check the solitaire FAQs here:
    https://microsoftcasualgames.com/casualsuite/su...

then you can report it on the feedback hub with win+F. Other than that my only suggestion is to re-install and see if that helps.

Zackary Vanosdol, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Timer for Solitaire game in an Event accumulates when game is not being played.

1. Timer for Solitaire game in an Event accumulates when game is not being played. - Similar Threads - Timer Solitaire game

2. The game stuck on loading when I playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection Events.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The game stuck on loading when I playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection Events.: As the topic, I've played Mini Pyramid Event today. The game stuck on loading over 5 minutes when I finished the 4th challenge. But as the result, these 5 minutes were all added to my clearance time, and caused me lose the chance to get the top rankings in this event....
  3. The game stuck on loading when I playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection Events.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The game stuck on loading when I playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection Events.: As the topic, I've played Mini Pyramid Event today. The game stuck on loading over 5 minutes when I finished the 4th challenge. But as the result, these 5 minutes were all added to my clearance time, and caused me lose the chance to get the top rankings in this event....
  4. Microsoft Solitaire Premium Event Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Premium Event Game: For the psat three or four days the Event game in Microsoft Solitaire Casual Game has been crashing. Unable to load. Just sits and spins. When it does load you can play one time and then it resets back to the home page. I have a premium subscription and I have done EVERYTHING...
  5. Microsoft Solitaire Premium Event Game

Microsoft Solitaire Premium Event Game: For the psat three or four days the Event game in Microsoft Solitaire Casual Game has been crashing. Unable to load. Just sits and spins. When it does load you can play one time and then it resets back to the home page. I have a premium subscription and I have done EVERYTHING...
  6. Solitaire games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solitaire games: Why should users have to fix the current solitaire problems? it was microsoft that broke it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solitaire-games/8a4d5b7e-5904-4dcd-8883-cf5c0780fa26
  7. Solitaire games

Solitaire games: Why should users have to fix the current solitaire problems? it was microsoft that broke it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solitaire-games/8a4d5b7e-5904-4dcd-8883-cf5c0780fa26
  8. Solitaire games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solitaire games: Hi, I seem to be unable to play Microsoft Solitaire daily challenges and events now. I am a Premium user. error code 124 comes up. If my files are corrupted on their server, how can this be fixed? Do I have to make up another profile and lose all my data from my current...
  9. EVENT SOLITAIRE WORLD TOUR---TIMER ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EVENT SOLITAIRE WORLD TOUR---TIMER ISSUE: How do you exit the EVENT SOLITAIRE WORLD TOUR game that you started but activated the timer without realizing it never stopped? I completed yesterday's 19 out of 20 games and when I finished #20 this morning it had added the 8 hours plus the 9 minutes it took me to...
  10. Microsoft solitaire event timer bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft solitaire event timer bug: Lately while playing Microsoft Solitaire Events, the timer keeps running when I take a break from the game. Before taking a break I always finish whatever game I'm playing, and hit the "back" button to go back to the Solitaire home screen. Today I played for 29 minutes, took...