Windows 10: Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly...

Discus and support Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone else experiencing this issue since CU? When I ask Cortana to set a reminder timer or alarm, it comes up when it is supposed to, but upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spikeypup, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Spikeypup Win User

Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly...

Anyone else experiencing this issue since CU? When I ask Cortana to set a reminder timer or alarm, it comes up when it is supposed to, but upon clicking dismiss, it is acting like a snooze and continues popping up every few minutes until a restart is initiated. Just curious? I found some articles on the Interwebs but no answers to it, wanted to see if this is a small group anomaly or if it is widespread. Thanks!

:)

Spikeypup, Aug 16, 2017
  2. blods Win User

Alarms across multiple devices

Hi -

I've tested it:

If I create a timer / alarm on my phone, wait for the alarm to go off across all my devices, and then dismiss the alarm from the desktop - it works correctly (i.e. the alarm is stopped on my phone as well).

But when I do the same thing, but dismiss the alarm from my phone - the alarm continues to sound on my desktop.

Is this a bug? or something I can fix

Thanks

Robin

blods, Aug 16, 2017
  3. How to close Cortana's Timer after Timer is up?

I got Cortana to set timer for 10minutes which she did. When timer's up and buzzing, how do I get Cortana to dismiss it?

Currently when I ask Cortana to dismiss timer, she replied that there isn't a timer set for me.

Limmalcolm, Aug 16, 2017
Thema:

Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly...

1. Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly... - Similar Threads - Timers Alarms Dismissing

2. Suggestion to add a a repeat timer button on the timer notification as well a dismiss...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggestion to add a a repeat timer button on the timer notification as well a dismiss...: Is it possible to have a repeat timer button on your timer notification as well as a dismiss timer button on the timer notification.Dear Microsoft,I am wondering if it is possible to have a repeat timer button on your timer notification as well as a dismiss timer button on...
  3. Suggestion to add a a repeat timer button on the timer notification as well a dismiss...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suggestion to add a a repeat timer button on the timer notification as well a dismiss...: Is it possible to have a repeat timer button on your timer notification as well as a dismiss timer button on the timer notification.Dear Microsoft,I am wondering if it is possible to have a repeat timer button on your timer notification as well as a dismiss timer button on...
  4. Alarm and Timer does not sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alarm and Timer does not sound.: Focus assistant is turned off. All other media can be played with sound. I have seen many posts about the same problem but from 5-6 years ago and they did not work, so I'm wondering if I can get a tip for Windows 10 now. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/calicomaria...
  5. SCHEDULED Pop Up Countdown Timer - Alarm AND Countdown & SECOND Alarm

SCHEDULED Pop Up Countdown Timer - Alarm AND Countdown & SECOND Alarm: ***NOT LOOKING FOR ORDINARY COUNTDOWN TIMER!!** I'm looking for a countdown timer that I can SCHEDULE at set times during the week/day and have it pop up up and give an alarm, AND countdown for a the number of minutes I set and do a SECOND ALARM. I want both alarms to be...
  6. Alarm doesn't work properly in the morning

Alarm doesn't work properly in the morning: Hello guys! I've a trouble with pre-installed alarm on my Windows 10 1903. The trouble exists only when PC has been inactive in hours. The alarm is set to wake me up every morning at 9 AM and only this alarm setting isn't working properly. It start ringing, but only when and...
  7. Alarm doesn't work properly in the morning

in Windows 10 Support
    Alarm doesn't work properly in the morning: Hello guys! I've a trouble with pre-installed alarm on my Windows 10 1903. The trouble exists only when PC has been inactive in hours. The alarm is set to wake me up every morning at 9 AM and only this alarm setting isn't working properly. It start ringing, but only when I...
  8. TImers in "Alarms & Clock" Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TImers in "Alarms & Clock" Stopped Working: I have 8 timers in "Alarms & Clock", and 1 I can't reset the 15" one. 2. none of them are working. [ATTACH] Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timers-in-alarms-clock-stopped-working/c874e32f-0a3a-4681-869a-3676ea9c6328
  9. Windows 10 Clock's timer and alarm functions are broken

Windows 10 Clock's timer and alarm functions are broken: Just like the subject heading says. Windows 10 suggested that I restart/clean the app so I did, but still those two functions don't work. However the stopwatch works fine. My computer is a Lenovo thinkcentre m92p small form factor, Intel Core i5-3470@3.2 GHZ processor,...
  10. Alarm clock / timer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alarm clock / timer: Sometimes the alarm on my timer/alarm clock sounds--and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/alarm-clock-timer/97b1a791-fe11-47bf-8285-757ee50c93bd