Windows 10: Times to clone with Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Times to clone with Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Due to a corrupt SSD I have installed Macrium Reflect app and started doing a clone of the SDD. I'm doing the clone to an older HDD, which I used as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MSiipola, Jun 28, 2021.

1. MSiipola Win User

Times to clone with Macrium Reflect

Due to a corrupt SSD I have installed Macrium Reflect app and started doing a clone of the SDD. I'm doing the clone to an older HDD, which I used as an OS drive before. My plan was to make this clone, and if it succeeded and was bootable, clone this to a new SDD. But the cloning is very slow. The amount to clone is abt 250GB and after 6 hours it's only 13% ready. Meaning the cloning will take abt 50 hours!? I understand clone time is depending on my hardware, disk speeds, bus bandwidth etc, but is this normal? (I found also that the cloning was aborted if I tried to use the PC during the cloning). I have ordered a new SSD, but it will take some days before I get it. Maybe I shall abort the current cloning and do it to the new SDD instead? I'm using Windows 10, updated to latest version.

:)

MSiipola, Jun 28, 2021
  2. Martmcd Win User

Attempted cloning a WD 8TB usb hard drive to another WD 8TB usb hard drive using Macrium Reflect.

Hi DennisCPA

i don't know of a maximum size (nor can i find it mentioned), largest i have cloned is 4TB.

when i last had a clone fail, whilst checking connections of the destination drive i put it in a different port and it worked (i didn't investigate further), suggestion, check destination drive connections or try a different port

you may get a better solution if you ask in the Macrium reflect forums

Macrium Support Forum

Martmcd, Jun 28, 2021
  3. WinstonR Win User
    Access to cloned HD

Hi Dave,

I used Macrium Reflect (MR) to clone the SSD. It is quite possible the cloning operation did not succeed in creating a bootable drive. I have used it successfully in the past for several clones. How can I determine

• if the boot instructions came over with the clone?
    • or should I try cloning the drive again?
    This computer is a Dell refurbed workstation and I am uncertain if it was set up in a RAID configuration although it came with only 1 rotating hard drive.

WinstonR, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Times to clone with Macrium Reflect

Cloning an external HDD

Doing a clean Install while switching hard drive is always recommend due to the fact that the hardware configuration of each PC is different.

What I suggest is to Clone the other data partitions except C:

Use Macrium reflect a freeware for this.

Cloning a disk - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

Times to clone with Macrium Reflect

1. Times to clone with Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - Times clone Macrium

2. Times to clone with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Times to clone with Macrium Reflect: Due to a corrupt SSD I have installed Macrium Reflect app and started doing a clone of the SDD. I'm doing the clone to an older HDD, which I used as an OS drive before. My plan was to make this clone, and if it succeeded and was bootable, clone this to a new SDD. But the...
  3. Updating a Macrium Reflect Clone

Updating a Macrium Reflect Clone: OK, after a couple of decades of using FSS Developments Casper to backup and restore my computers, I took the plunge and bought a single licence for Macrium Reflect Home v 7.3.5289 in the Halloween sale. I've unistalled Casper on my ThinkPad T450s with 1 TB SSD running W10...
  4. Macrium Reflect 7 clone error

Macrium Reflect 7 clone error: Windows 10 Pro ver. 1909 (OS build 18.363.959) Trying to clone my operating system to a new drive I get the following error: Error 0 unable to match partition Drive 1 start sector 467118080 Result code 0x8004230f Can anyone help please? 161281
  5. Clone and Restore with Macrium Reflect - question

Clone and Restore with Macrium Reflect - question: Macrium Reflect is used in Win 10 to periodically clone the C: drive HD partitions to a separate backup HD. When sometime ago there was a problem with the existing C: drive (Win 10 1803), the first remedy method tried was to boot the system from the Reflect recovery optical...
  6. Macrium Reflect Clone Error 0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium Reflect Clone Error 0: Trying to clone a Win 10 boot drive - 250GB SSD to a new 500GB SSD and it keeps failing at or near the end of the clone. I did a check disk on both drives. Not sure what else to do. Would a paid package be worth a try? EaseUs is $20 which would be worth it if it works....
  7. Macrium Reflect clone question

Macrium Reflect clone question: Hi, I just cloned a 500gb disk to another disk of the same size using v7.2.4601. Clone finished fine, both disks boot ok, however the disk utilization is much higher on the source disk. 297gb(source) vs 64gb(target) - Wondering what did not get copied, or what is using up...
  8. CLONE with Macrium Reflect (6.3 full) ERROR 12348

CLONE with Macrium Reflect (6.3 full) ERROR 12348: [img] I am getting a new hard drive WD1003FZEX this Friday to replace a 4 year old Seagate in my Dell XPS8700. I backup every day using Macrium Reflect 6.3 (paid). I always look at the Log and get NO errors, none !! In preparation I thought I try the CLONE method...
  9. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect: I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my problem I don't know how to get it to transfer to the new hd on the new computer. The cd ask wish image to tranfer but there is...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...