Windows 10: Time's Up - Windows Family

Discus and support Time's Up - Windows Family in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Child's PC says time's up. But when I click My Parent is here I'm unable to get into his PC and when I click send a request, it says Something went... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ADALSDFAJSDFAFasdfa, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Time's Up - Windows Family

My Child's PC says time's up. But when I click My Parent is here I'm unable to get into his PC and when I click send a request, it says Something went wrong???? What he heck. My son is locked out and it won't send me a request. Please help.

Thanks

:)

ADALSDFAJSDFAFasdfa, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Anonimiss Win User
    Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Time's Up - Windows Family

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Time's Up - Windows Family

1. Time's Up - Windows Family - Similar Threads - Time's Family

2. [Family Safety] How do I disable obtaining tons of emails regarding time extension for my kids?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Family Safety] How do I disable obtaining tons of emails regarding time extension for my kids?: Each time my kids issue request to extend their 'time' allowed for playing, I'm receiving not only a notification in Family Safety app which is good, but also an email. Which means I have a flood of family safety emails.How to disable sending accompanying email, so I won't...
  3. [Family Safety] How do I disable obtaining tons of emails regarding time extension for my kids?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Family Safety] How do I disable obtaining tons of emails regarding time extension for my kids?: Each time my kids issue request to extend their 'time' allowed for playing, I'm receiving not only a notification in Family Safety app which is good, but also an email. Which means I have a flood of family safety emails.How to disable sending accompanying email, so I won't...
  4. Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works: Windows 10 PC 2/29/2024Screen time is set to 0 minutesHowever the child account is still able to login on the device. I can block apps and that is working properly. I have checked for updates, checked it’s a standard user account, verified the child account. No idea why this...
  5. Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works: Windows 10 PC 2/29/2024Screen time is set to 0 minutesHowever the child account is still able to login on the device. I can block apps and that is working properly. I have checked for updates, checked it’s a standard user account, verified the child account. No idea why this...
  6. Family safety screen time not working but app blocking works

7. Can apps and games be added to Microsoft Family Screen Time settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can apps and games be added to Microsoft Family Screen Time settings?: I am trying to add screen time restrictions for all apps/games/programs on my Windows computer but the list is nowhere near comprehensive. Am I able to add programs to the Screen Time section of Microsoft Family, so I can manage their usage?...
  8. Can apps and games be added to Microsoft Family Screen Time settings?

Can apps and games be added to Microsoft Family Screen Time settings?: I am trying to add screen time restrictions for all apps/games/programs on my Windows computer but the list is nowhere near comprehensive. Am I able to add programs to the Screen Time section of Microsoft Family, so I can manage their usage?...
  9. Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work: I have set 3 hrs of device usage overall on Widows 11 laptops Home game laptop and School laptop, I have also set 2 hrs of limits on the main game platform apps - steam for example - as well as the chrome browser.The limits are totally ignored, and seem irrelevant, just do...
  10. Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work

Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work: I have set 3 hrs of device usage overall on Widows 11 laptops Home game laptop and School laptop, I have also set 2 hrs of limits on the main game platform apps - steam for example - as well as the chrome browser.The limits are totally ignored, and seem irrelevant, just do...