Windows 10: TimeStamp In Security Events

Discus and support TimeStamp In Security Events in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I came across a weird issue of timestamp in security events.When I am fetching the logs to SIEM system via RPC, the raw event that I see has a field... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Prasoon Agnihotri1, Feb 8, 2023.

1. TimeStamp In Security Events

I came across a weird issue of timestamp in security events.When I am fetching the logs to SIEM system via RPC, the raw event that I see has a field called TimeCreated. The value of this fields looks like epoch time however, when I am converting the timestamp, it doesn't match up with the TimeStamp displayed in the event viewer console.

:)

Prasoon Agnihotri1, Feb 8, 2023

2. Windows 10 timestamps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the queries, mentioned below:

• Were you able to install Windows 10 successfully?

• Did you check, if it is present in Windows.old folder?

• Where exactly are you trying to check, if the TimeStamps are present?
    I would suggest you to follow these steps below to retrieve files manually from Windows.old folder and check, if it helps.

• Enter This PC in the search box, and then click on
      This PC in the search results.
    • Double-tap or double-click the drive that Windows is installed on (typically, the C: drive).
    • Double-tap or double-click the Windows.old folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click the Users folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click your user
      name.
    • Open the Windows.old folder that contain the files you want to retrieve.
    • Copy and paste the files that you want from
      Windows.old
      folder to a folder in Windows 10.
    • Repeat steps 5-7 for each user account on your PC.

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 8, 2023
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Feb 8, 2023
  4. TimeStamp In Security Events

AMD External events client module stopped working

Hi Jignesh,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I recommend you to download the Microsoft Safety Scanner from the following link and check if it helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-gb/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Method 2: To remove AMD External Events service Module from your computer, please follow the manual instructions below or use an automatic uninstaller product.

• Click the Windows Start Button. In Windows 8, look for Control Panel.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Uninstall a program.
    • Look for AMD External Events in the list of available programs.
    • Click Uninstall.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Feb 8, 2023
Thema:

TimeStamp In Security Events

1. TimeStamp In Security Events - Similar Threads - TimeStamp Security Events

2. Persistent Blue Screen Errors with Timestamped Event Log Details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Blue Screen Errors with Timestamped Event Log Details: I've been grappling with persistent blue screen errors on my system, and to understand the root cause, I've been closely monitoring the Event Log Viewer. What's particularly concerning is that these errors seem to be occurring consistently at specific times. Here's a...
  3. Persistent Blue Screen Errors with Timestamped Event Log Details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent Blue Screen Errors with Timestamped Event Log Details: I've been grappling with persistent blue screen errors on my system, and to understand the root cause, I've been closely monitoring the Event Log Viewer. What's particularly concerning is that these errors seem to be occurring consistently at specific times. Here's a...
  4. Login/Logoff events with the same timestamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login/Logoff events with the same timestamp: HelloWhen checking on a laptop, I can see multiple login/logoff events with the same timestamp same hour, same minute, same second but a difference of milliseconds.What I was able to saw is that the TargetLogonID is the same, and when checking the PID of the process...
  5. Login/Logoff events with the same timestamp

Login/Logoff events with the same timestamp: HelloWhen checking on a laptop, I can see multiple login/logoff events with the same timestamp same hour, same minute, same second but a difference of milliseconds.What I was able to saw is that the TargetLogonID is the same, and when checking the PID of the process...
  6. Login/Logoff events with the same timestamp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. TimeStamp In Security Events

TimeStamp In Security Events: I came across a weird issue of timestamp in security events.When I am fetching the logs to SIEM system via RPC, the raw event that I see has a field called TimeCreated. The value of this fields looks like epoch time however, when I am converting the timestamp, it doesn't...
  8. Incorrect timestamp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect timestamp: In windows settings the timezone is selected to auto but it's picking up wrong timestamp. It was working fine before the factory reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-timestamp/5d425490-ecd4-449f-8e5d-fbb5a7bd6a36
  9. Filehistory timestamp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Filehistory timestamp: How can I eliminate all but the most recent file in filehistory WITHOUT USING Win10's file history program? My final objective is to end up each of the most recent copy of a file, without the timestamp in a clean folder structure so that I can copy back into my documents...
  10. Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events: We are having issues with our Security event log within Event Viewer. It is my understanding when you perform Object Access auditing and enable it within Group Policy, you still need to enable auditing on the Objects (to be audited) themselves. We just enabled Object Access...