Windows 10: Timezone and active hours problem

Discus and support Timezone and active hours problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am now using my laptop in India for last 8 months. Before that I was in USA. my time zone setting is as in fig below. [img] Timezone and time set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lvgandhi, Jun 21, 2019.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Timezone and active hours problem

I am now using my laptop in India for last 8 months. Before that I was in USA.
    my time zone setting is as in fig below.

Timezone and active hours problem [​IMG]

Timezone and time set auto. Further it shows time zone as India.

Now coming to active hours. I use it 05:00 to 20:00.
    Set active hours as 06:00 to 18:00
    But MS suggests as follows in pic below as if I am using between 17:00 to 06:00.

Why it happens?
    What to do?

:)

lvgandhi, Jun 21, 2019

2. Quiet Hours appear to be wrong timezone

The additional timezone I had was London, UK.

I removed the additional timezone yesterday while the quiet hours was active (about 6pm Sydney time) and it didn't change anything. Will see how it goes after a reboot.

TimboWilko, Jun 21, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    timezone is 11 hours off

You probably already have, but did you check all of these? NIST is one of the choices for time server, you don't need a separate program. Also here:

f14tomcat, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Timezone and active hours problem

Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Timezone and active hours problem

1. Timezone and active hours problem - Similar Threads - Timezone active hours

2. timezone problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    timezone problem: hello. i have a question on why cant i change my timezone from UTC+6 to UTC+5around a month ago, on 1st March my countrys' timezone changed, and found out that i cannot change my timezone to UTC+5 originally was +6, because for some weird reason, i cant do anything with the...
  3. timezone problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    timezone problem: hello. i have a question on why cant i change my timezone from UTC+6 to UTC+5around a month ago, on 1st March my countrys' timezone changed, and found out that i cannot change my timezone to UTC+5 originally was +6, because for some weird reason, i cant do anything with the...
  4. timezone problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Active Hours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Hours: Hi A while back, my fingerprint detector stopped working so I updated the driver. However, today, at 5pm, my fingerprint detector stopped. I went to update the driver, but it did not need to be updated, and I found that there has been an "Active Hours" system running, which...
  6. Active Hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Active Hours: My understanding of setting active hours is so that Window's doesn't download updates during that time so that I can work. I set my active hours to 6am-6pm, but right now my laptop is barely responsive because all the resources are going to downloading updates? It's 8:30am....
  7. Active Hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Active Hours: This is part 3 of my "Windows 10 Readiness Questions" thing. Windows doesn't restart outside of Active Hours when you're using the computer, but what if I'm away from it for even an hour? 139662
  8. Time zone and active hours problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Time zone and active hours problem: I am now using my laptop in India for last 8 months. Before that I was in USA. my time zone setting is as in fig below. [img] Timezone and time set auto. Further it shows time zone as India. Now coming to active hours. I use it 05:00 to 20:00. Set active hours as 06:00 to...
  9. Win10 shows the time four hours ahead of my timezone

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 shows the time four hours ahead of my timezone: My timezone is set correctly to Eastern (UTC-05:00) but Windows sets the clock ahead four hours after every boot cycle. It even sets the hardware clock in UEFI fours hours ahead. I've run a boot-time virus can using Avast Internet Security. Two PUPs were found and deleted....
  10. timezone is 11 hours off

in Windows 10 Support
    timezone is 11 hours off: Hi, I am on the east coast and my computer has always reflected EST but with Windows 10, it shows six hours off when I set it for EST. I have to set it to -11 hours off from GMT to get the time correct. That would be fine but that time zone does not allow for Daylight...