Windows 10: Timezone defaults to Arizona...I am in Australia :-(

Discus and support Timezone defaults to Arizona...I am in Australia :-( in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop (Windows 10 Education) defaults to Arizona timezone when I am at home. At work (connected to a network), it has the correct timezone and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jcwerth, May 6, 2016.

1. jcwerth Win User

Timezone defaults to Arizona...I am in Australia :-(

Hi,
    My laptop (Windows 10 Education) defaults to Arizona timezone when I am at home. At work (connected to a network), it has the correct timezone and time. At home, not. All of the other computers/devices have the correct timezone.

I change to my timezone (Brisbane +10), but after a time, the timezone goes back to Arizona.

I have tried adjusting start up time to automatic in services.msc, but no luck.

Very frustrating.
    Does anyone have any ideas to rectify?

Thanks
    John

:)

jcwerth, May 6, 2016
  2. jbmercha Win User

Arizona Timezone

I have an HTC Touch Diamond from Sprint. I live in Arizona. Arizona has no daylight savings time. My phone is treating Arizona timezone as Mountain timezone, ie Arizona + DST. Anyone know if there is a fix or where the DST information is stored so I can
    fix it?

jbmercha, May 6, 2016
  3. Arizona Timezone

I have the same problem. If you identify a solution, I would appreciate receiving it also. I have loaded the patch described in Microsoft KB Article 950885.

pwilson662, May 6, 2016
Thema:

Timezone defaults to Arizona...I am in Australia :-(

1. Timezone defaults to Arizona...I am in Australia :-( - Similar Threads - Timezone defaults Arizona

2. Timezone mess...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Timezone mess...: Since the v1809, on occasions Windows 10 displays incorrect time. The timezone is set correctly, for example this morning this image has been taken around 08:40AM local time: [img] Previously, toggling the day light savings time off/on would reset to the correct local...
  3. Timezone resets to wrong location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Timezone resets to wrong location: Hi, I have an issue with multiple (5) Windows 10 PCs in an office in Australia (Newcastle) where the timezone changes to Brisbane, (1 hour different). Changing the time zone manually then reverts after reboot. The Maps app sees the PCs being in Brisbane which is I assume...
  4. Can't change timezone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't change timezone: I can't change the timezone from Sydney time to Brisbane time which is annoying as Sydney has daylight savings and Brisbane doesn't. Whenever I try change it I get a message saying contact your administrator, which is me. I have tried using the Admin Command Prompt command...
  5. Cortona not working Australia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortona not working Australia: Hi Everyone, I've a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10, 64 bit version 1511 OS Build 10586.633. I have tried to set up Cortona, but it just keeps telling me to set it up after it says all OK. I live in Australia and have my region and language set to Australian. Speech...
  6. Arizona does not observe dst

in Windows 10 Support
    Arizona does not observe dst: At least lost of the State. Now, my computer insists it's 10 AM, when the rest of my clocks say it's 11 AM. I set the Time Zone to Arizona (-7) and it automatically greys out the DST option. Is this a new enhancement ?? Part of a conspiracy to make Arizona go on DST...
  7. Windows thinks I am not connected but I am

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows thinks I am not connected but I am: Windows 10 problems – network awareness and Win 10 apps. not working on Wi-Fi or Wired (CAT5e). 1. Network and Sharing Center shows “you are currently not connected to any networks.” > Even though I connected using either wireless or wired connections. > Checked...
  8. I am In Trouble

in Windows 10 Support
    I am In Trouble: My windows 10 Acer Aspire labtop froze up yesterday so I did a forced shutdown. It will not turn on since then. I have a windows 10 of my sister's HP laptop here which was already back to factory default. When mine stopped turning on, I got this idea to restore my latest...
  9. Where am I?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where am I?: I had a problem with a program that refused to be deleted. Wise Uninstaller, Unlocker, and even Administrator rites refused to remove it. So I ended up Resetting my computer. I ended up with Version 1511, Build 10586.0 How old is this? Some of the stuff on the desktop looks...
  10. timezone is 11 hours off

in Windows 10 Support
    timezone is 11 hours off: Hi, I am on the east coast and my computer has always reflected EST but with Windows 10, it shows six hours off when I set it for EST. I have to set it to -11 hours off from GMT to get the time correct. That would be fine but that time zone does not allow for Daylight...