Windows 10: Timezone defaults to Arizona...I am in Australia :-(

Discus and support Timezone defaults to Arizona...I am in Australia :-( in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop (Windows 10 Education) defaults to Arizona timezone when I am at home. At work (connected to a network), it has the correct timezone and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jcwerth, May 6, 2016.

1. jcwerth Win User

Timezone defaults to Arizona...I am in Australia :-(

Hi,
    My laptop (Windows 10 Education) defaults to Arizona timezone when I am at home. At work (connected to a network), it has the correct timezone and time. At home, not. All of the other computers/devices have the correct timezone.

I change to my timezone (Brisbane +10), but after a time, the timezone goes back to Arizona.

I have tried adjusting start up time to automatic in services.msc, but no luck.

Very frustrating.
    Does anyone have any ideas to rectify?

Thanks
    John

:)

jcwerth, May 6, 2016
  2. jbmercha Win User

Arizona Timezone

I have an HTC Touch Diamond from Sprint. I live in Arizona. Arizona has no daylight savings time. My phone is treating Arizona timezone as Mountain timezone, ie Arizona + DST. Anyone know if there is a fix or where the DST information is stored so I can
    fix it?

jbmercha, May 6, 2016
  3. Arizona Timezone

I have the same problem. If you identify a solution, I would appreciate receiving it also. I have loaded the patch described in Microsoft KB Article 950885.

pwilson662, May 6, 2016
Thema:

Timezone defaults to Arizona...I am in Australia :-(

1. Timezone defaults to Arizona...I am in Australia :-( - Similar Threads - Timezone defaults Arizona

2. I have moved from Dubai to Australia. I have changed my billing address to Australia, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have moved from Dubai to Australia. I have changed my billing address to Australia, but...: I have moved from Dubai to Australia. I have changed my billing address to Australia, but cant put an Australian Credit card in for my billing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-moved-from-dubai-to-australia-i-have/0bd00bb9-1a46-4b15-8789-f12393e70f27
  3. Windows boots to non-default timezone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boots to non-default timezone: Every time I reboot my system, it is using the wrong timezone.I know my default timezone is set correctly, because I can fix the problem in settings simply by turning off "Set Time Automatically" and then immediately turning it back on again. Then the time is displayed...
  4. Windows boots to non-default timezone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boots to non-default timezone: Every time I reboot my system, it is using the wrong timezone.I know my default timezone is set correctly, because I can fix the problem in settings simply by turning off "Set Time Automatically" and then immediately turning it back on again. Then the time is displayed...
  5. Timezone Change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Timezone Change: Morning all, I'm in the UK, and my laptop clock has always had no trouble detecting which timezone I'm in, but for whatever reason, this morning I cannot stop it from thinking I'm in UTC-4.00. I know I can fix it by just setting it manually, but I was just wondering whether...
  6. Using an Adapter in Australia

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Using an Adapter in Australia: I have a Surface Pro and I am going to Australia. Can I safely use an adapter while there? Do you have a suggestion of what to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-an-adapter-in-australia/27dd3597-fe39-42dd-aa9b-62b789977009"
  7. I am not the "default" user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I am not the "default" user: This is as much my fault than it is who helped me before "Carbonite". Anyway, the file path (if that is correct terminology) basically shows C:\Users\***\Documents et al The "***" is not my name but an old folder that a level 2 tech made while he worked on my file mess, I had...
  8. Timezone mess...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Timezone mess...: Since the v1809, on occasions Windows 10 displays incorrect time. The timezone is set correctly, for example this morning this image has been taken around 08:40AM local time: [img] Previously, toggling the day light savings time off/on would reset to the correct local...
  9. Cortona not working Australia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortona not working Australia: Hi Everyone, I've a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10, 64 bit version 1511 OS Build 10586.633. I have tried to set up Cortona, but it just keeps telling me to set it up after it says all OK. I live in Australia and have my region and language set to Australian. Speech...
  10. Arizona does not observe dst

in Windows 10 Support
    Arizona does not observe dst: At least lost of the State. Now, my computer insists it's 10 AM, when the rest of my clocks say it's 11 AM. I set the Time Zone to Arizona (-7) and it automatically greys out the DST option. Is this a new enhancement ?? Part of a conspiracy to make Arizona go on DST...