Windows 10: Timezone mess...

Discus and support Timezone mess... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since the v1809, on occasions Windows 10 displays incorrect time. The timezone is set correctly, for example this morning this image has been taken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cr00zng, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Cr00zng Win User

Timezone mess...

Since the v1809, on occasions Windows 10 displays incorrect time. The timezone is set correctly, for example this morning this image has been taken around 08:40AM local time:

Timezone mess... [​IMG]

Previously, toggling the day light savings time off/on would reset to the correct local time. At this time, the local time had to be set manually via the admin account.

Any idea what causes changing the time, but not the timezone?

TIA...

:)

Cr00zng, Dec 9, 2018
  2. Lecherro Win User

timezone

Hi Taseeen15

When entering date & time settings do you click the box where the actual timezone is listed. Hopefully a full list of timezones should appear when you click. You can then use your mouse wheel to scroll up and down in the list and select UTC+1.

Hope you succeed

Henning

Lecherro, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Timezone Change

Hi Iselda,

For us to properly isolate the issue with changing the timezone, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial resolution, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In the search box, type in cmd. You'll see Command Prompt listed.
      Right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type tzutil /l to see the list of all time zones.
    • Once you have found your time zone, copy the description that is on the second line. Example:

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Central Standard Time <---- copy
    • Afterwards, type tzutil /s "paste the time zone here". Like this:

tzutil /s "Central Standard Time" (make sure to include the quotations!); then, Enter.
    • Exit the Command Prompt, and then go to your time settings.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Timezone mess...

Custom Home timezone

As far as I am aware there is no ability to add a custom timezone but if you look in the list of timezones,
    you will see one that matches your timezone (UTC -4; UTC -3 second Sunday in September to third Sunday in April).

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Timezone mess...

1. Timezone mess... - Similar Threads - Timezone mess

2. timezone problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    timezone problem: hello. i have a question on why cant i change my timezone from UTC+6 to UTC+5around a month ago, on 1st March my countrys' timezone changed, and found out that i cannot change my timezone to UTC+5 originally was +6, because for some weird reason, i cant do anything with the...
  3. timezone problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    timezone problem: hello. i have a question on why cant i change my timezone from UTC+6 to UTC+5around a month ago, on 1st March my countrys' timezone changed, and found out that i cannot change my timezone to UTC+5 originally was +6, because for some weird reason, i cant do anything with the...
  4. timezone problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices: My company have >20 windows 10/11 users getting incorrect timezone CST instead of Pacific Time when connecting to wifi APs in a Los Angels building. They got the right timezone in a nearby building within 100 meter. Both good and bad building are sharing the same 4 public...
  6. Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices: My company have >20 windows 10/11 users getting incorrect timezone CST instead of Pacific Time when connecting to wifi APs in a Los Angels building. They got the right timezone in a nearby building within 100 meter. Both good and bad building are sharing the same 4 public...
  7. Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices

8. Can't Stop Timezone Changes: Need Help with Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Stop Timezone Changes: Need Help with Windows 10 Settings: Hey everyone,My Windows 10 computer keeps switching timezones without my permission every time I start it up. It's really frustrating, especially since I can't seem to change the settings myself - they're all grayed out, except for the "Set the time automatically" button,...
  9. Can't Stop Timezone Changes: Need Help with Windows 10 Settings

Can't Stop Timezone Changes: Need Help with Windows 10 Settings: Hey everyone,My Windows 10 computer keeps switching timezones without my permission every time I start it up. It's really frustrating, especially since I can't seem to change the settings myself - they're all grayed out, except for the "Set the time automatically" button,...
  10. a timezone mess

a timezone mess: my timezone is incorrectly set on my windows PC, i have attempted to change it multiple times, but it just will not change, i have tried changing it through control panel, and settings, all attempts being unsuccessful, i don't know if i am missing something obvious, but here...