Windows 10: Timezone Settings

Discus and support Timezone Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; GMT Timezone is not in the timezone settings, do anyone know how to add my timezone?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zaachie, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Zaachie Win User

Timezone Settings

GMT Timezone is not in the timezone settings, do anyone know how to add my timezone?

:)

Zaachie, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Lecherro Win User

timezone

Hi Taseeen15

When entering date & time settings do you click the box where the actual timezone is listed. Hopefully a full list of timezones should appear when you click. You can then use your mouse wheel to scroll up and down in the list and select UTC+1.

Hope you succeed

Henning

Lecherro, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Timezone Change

Hi Iselda,

For us to properly isolate the issue with changing the timezone, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial resolution, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In the search box, type in cmd. You'll see Command Prompt listed.
      Right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type tzutil /l to see the list of all time zones.
    • Once you have found your time zone, copy the description that is on the second line. Example:

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Central Standard Time <---- copy
    • Afterwards, type tzutil /s "paste the time zone here". Like this:

tzutil /s "Central Standard Time" (make sure to include the quotations!); then, Enter.
    • Exit the Command Prompt, and then go to your time settings.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 17, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Timezone Settings

Why not still Timezone Settings during Win10 Install?

There are 5 or 6 different time zones in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska. Setting just US would not set the exact timezone.

NavyLCDR, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Timezone Settings

1. Timezone Settings - Similar Threads - Timezone Settings

2. Can't Stop Timezone Changes: Need Help with Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Stop Timezone Changes: Need Help with Windows 10 Settings: Hey everyone,My Windows 10 computer keeps switching timezones without my permission every time I start it up. It's really frustrating, especially since I can't seem to change the settings myself - they're all grayed out, except for the "Set the time automatically" button,...
  3. Can't Stop Timezone Changes: Need Help with Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Stop Timezone Changes: Need Help with Windows 10 Settings: Hey everyone,My Windows 10 computer keeps switching timezones without my permission every time I start it up. It's really frustrating, especially since I can't seem to change the settings myself - they're all grayed out, except for the "Set the time automatically" button,...
  4. Can't Stop Timezone Changes: Need Help with Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to change timezone settings windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change timezone settings windows 11: After I got my win 11 install setup, I noticed that the time zone section in settings is greyed out, and I am unable to change it, I have included a pic below,I also tried setting it through the control panel, but I just get the error "Unable to continue, you do not have...
  6. Unable to change timezone settings windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change timezone settings windows 11: After I got my win 11 install setup, I noticed that the time zone section in settings is greyed out, and I am unable to change it, I have included a pic below,I also tried setting it through the control panel, but I just get the error "Unable to continue, you do not have...
  7. pc clock showing hour off but timezone is set correctly

pc clock showing hour off but timezone is set correctly: I have a PC that developed a problem with the clock. If I have daylight savings turned on the clock is an hour fast, but emails coming in outlook show the correct time. If I turn off daylight savings the time is correct but emails show as being an hour old. Is there someway...
  8. Does restricting the locale setting prevent users from changing the timezone?

Does restricting the locale setting prevent users from changing the timezone?: Hello all, I do have a question regarding locale settings and what it does. Currently I do have a windows 10 client device. On that client device, there is a GPO enforced which, "Disallow user override of locale settings".Does disallowing users to override the locale settings...
  9. MySQL timezone is set to GMT. When I check where it gets it's value, it writes SYSTEM, but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MySQL timezone is set to GMT. When I check where it gets it's value, it writes SYSTEM, but...: I am having difficulties connecting my server to a local DB I have on my machine. It's a timezone related issue, and if I configure the connection to be UTC it works (which means MySQL uses GMT). After typing SELECT @@global.time_zone, @@session.time_zone on the MySQL...
  10. I’m not in Japan, why cant I set the timezone correctly? Every time I synchronize it, the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m not in Japan, why cant I set the timezone correctly? Every time I synchronize it, the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/poeester [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqgnzl/im_not_in_japan_why_cant_i_set_the_timezone/