Windows 10: timing out

Discus and support timing out in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my Win 10 screen acts like I have been inactive and automatically puts the PC to sleep. This is only taking about 5 minutes. Where is the setting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GaryGuilbert, Jul 17, 2019.

1. timing out

my Win 10 screen acts like I have been inactive and automatically puts the PC to sleep.

This is only taking about 5 minutes. Where is the setting to change this action.

I have looked at the power options and the

"on battery" setting for shut down and sleep are 25 minutes.

"power plugged in" are set to never.

Help what is causing the screen to go to sleep ? I move the mouse and the screen displays and I

have to log in again.

:)

GaryGuilbert, Jul 17, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond timing out :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 17, 2019
  3. [FS]   Intel QuadCore Q6600 2.4gigs+ Heatsink

You will have a very hard time selling this CPU without listing the VID and Stepping. Good Luck.

TRIPTEX_CAN, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Zubasa Win User

timing out

Time for 890FX goodness.

Yup finally it is time to upgrade my mobo *Wink timing out ;)
    So the Choices are:
    • Asus Crosshair IV formula (avaliable)
      [*]MSI 890FXA-GD70 (not yet)
      [*]Gigabyte 890FX-UD5 (not yet)
      [*]Asrock 890FX extreme 3 (avaliable, great bang for the buck)
    Which of these boards is the shit? *Stick Out Tongue timing out :p
    I am also open for suggestions.

Zubasa, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

timing out

1. timing out - Similar Threads - timing

2. cannot update multiple times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot update multiple times: Whenever I try to download the new windows update it keeps giving this error 0xc0000142. I searched the web but it seems to be an error code that seems completely unrelated to my issue....
  3. When printing I select colour but i find every time it jumps back to monochrome, so i am...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When printing I select colour but i find every time it jumps back to monochrome, so i am...: When printing I always select colour but it seems to have a mind of its own and jumps back and I find it always prints out in monochrome. This happens every time I print, very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated to solve this problem. Rick...
  4. why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?: why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-video-resolution-changes-to-default/ce91b8ab-b7b8-4059-91b7-8b99960e9fd2
  5. savings attachments multiple times to the same folder creates duplicates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    savings attachments multiple times to the same folder creates duplicates: I save needed attachments to folders on my computer. Sometimes I do not remember if I saved the attachment. With my previous computer, if I attempted to save the same file to the same folder, a warning appeared asking if I desired to overwrite the file. With my new computer a...
  6. Have to press pc power replacement switch several times to start pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Have to press pc power replacement switch several times to start pc: Installed pc power replacement switch...but have to press the switch start button several times to turn pc on. Connected another one..have similar problem. Totally puzzled...the only items connected to pc is monitor,keyboard and mouse and ethernet cable and speakers. The...
  7. My hard drive gets fragmented every day. Is it time to start saving up for a newer 2-in-1?...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My hard drive gets fragmented every day. Is it time to start saving up for a newer 2-in-1?...: If opening a 13-month Certificate of Deposit at Univest and then selling my Dell Inspiron 7558 on eBay means fewer times Firefox freezes because of my hard drive being fragmented every day, I'll be happier with Windows 10 than I ever have been. Edge still lacks many of the...
  8. how can I limit the amount of time the Windows 10 alarm will ring or the number of rings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I limit the amount of time the Windows 10 alarm will ring or the number of rings?: how can I limit the amount of time the Windows 10 alarm will ring or the number of rings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-limit-the-amount-of-time-the-windows-10/e465a8dc-6dcb-4898-82a1-af66ba050e2c
  9. Cannot activate windows at this time.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate windows at this time.: Hello! I am trying to reactivate my windows 10 home and unable to do so. When I try to contact MS support they give me the run around and tell me to buy a new copy, even though I did the free upgrade from Windows 3 years or so ago. I go into the "Activate windows option > I...
  10. Microsoft's real-time threat intelligence feed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft's real-time threat intelligence feed: I'm looking for threat intelligence feed from Microsoft for my thesis project to make a cyber security solution based on threat intelligence. I don't have too much knowledge in this matter. Does Microsoft provide threat intel feed to integrate in security solutions like SIEM?...