Windows 10: timing out

Discus and support timing out in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my Win 10 screen acts like I have been inactive and automatically puts the PC to sleep. This is only taking about 5 minutes. Where is the setting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GaryGuilbert, Jul 17, 2019.

1. timing out

my Win 10 screen acts like I have been inactive and automatically puts the PC to sleep.

This is only taking about 5 minutes. Where is the setting to change this action.

I have looked at the power options and the

"on battery" setting for shut down and sleep are 25 minutes.

"power plugged in" are set to never.

Help what is causing the screen to go to sleep ? I move the mouse and the screen displays and I

have to log in again.

:)

GaryGuilbert, Jul 17, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond timing out :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 17, 2019
  3. [FS]   Intel QuadCore Q6600 2.4gigs+ Heatsink

You will have a very hard time selling this CPU without listing the VID and Stepping. Good Luck.

TRIPTEX_CAN, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Zubasa Win User

timing out

Time for 890FX goodness.

Yup finally it is time to upgrade my mobo *Wink timing out ;)
    So the Choices are:
    • Asus Crosshair IV formula (avaliable)
      [*]MSI 890FXA-GD70 (not yet)
      [*]Gigabyte 890FX-UD5 (not yet)
      [*]Asrock 890FX extreme 3 (avaliable, great bang for the buck)
    Which of these boards is the shit? *Stick Out Tongue timing out :p
    I am also open for suggestions.

Zubasa, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

timing out

1. timing out - Similar Threads - timing

2. Hello my computer crashes and makes a noise it happens at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello my computer crashes and makes a noise it happens at random times: Hello I am having issues with my pc it crashes at random times. I have dump file listed below. "C:\Users\nickb\OneDrive\Desktop\031824-9859-01.dmp"...
  3. Hello my computer crashes and makes a noise it happens at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello my computer crashes and makes a noise it happens at random times: Hello I am having issues with my pc it crashes at random times. I have dump file listed below. "C:\Users\nickb\OneDrive\Desktop\031824-9859-01.dmp"...
  4. How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.: The headset has a mic on it so whenever it connects the stand alone plugged into the pc mic turns off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-a-stand-alone-mic-and-a-headset-at-the/399b3dc9-f74b-4629-8f6f-947e8cb07cc3
  5. How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.

How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.: The headset has a mic on it so whenever it connects the stand alone plugged into the pc mic turns off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-a-stand-alone-mic-and-a-headset-at-the/399b3dc9-f74b-4629-8f6f-947e8cb07cc3
  6. can anyone help me what is causing this? This is my first time with this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone help me what is causing this? This is my first time with this issue: 031924-21796-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-me-what-is-causing-this-this-is-my/a4529ac1-2daa-4410-bb3d-7f9c777149ec
  7. can anyone help me what is causing this? This is my first time with this issue

can anyone help me what is causing this? This is my first time with this issue: 031924-21796-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-me-what-is-causing-this-this-is-my/a4529ac1-2daa-4410-bb3d-7f9c777149ec
  8. Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time: My mouse moves across the screen even when I do not touch it. My trackpad left and right buttons do not work I've tried to see if it was enabled and it was, I've done troubleshooting and updated the drives and still the same problem persists I've tried all the advice I've...
  9. Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time

Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time: My mouse moves across the screen even when I do not touch it. My trackpad left and right buttons do not work I've tried to see if it was enabled and it was, I've done troubleshooting and updated the drives and still the same problem persists I've tried all the advice I've...
  10. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...