Windows 10: Timing/recording Windows 10 usage

Discus and support Timing/recording Windows 10 usage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Please advise how I can automatically record the time my Win10 laptop is switched on and unlocked? Surely there is a way?! My goal is to better... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robocop, Jan 29, 2019.

1. robocop Win User

Timing/recording Windows 10 usage

Hi,

Please advise how I can automatically record the time my Win10 laptop is switched on and unlocked? Surely there is a way?!

My goal is to better understand how much time I use the PC. I need to reduce usage! It's on a lot of the time, and only some of the time I'm active on it. If it were possible to record when the screen is unlocked (using an app or script or any other built in method??? it would be great)

Thank you

:)

robocop, Jan 29, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Steps Recorder in Windows 10

Hi,

To further assist you, we suggest that you provide your feedback on how to improve the resolution using the Steps Recorder by going to the Feedback Hub. Refer to the steps below:

• Go to Search or Cortana.
    • Type Windows Feedback.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Timing/recording Windows 10 usage - Similar Threads - Timing recording usage

2. All Time Record temperatures Here!

in Windows 10 Support
    All Time Record temperatures Here!: Vernon BC Canada. I am so glade we have AC in the house. It was 43 C 109.4 F today and expecting 45 C 113 F tomorrow. I work outside in the sun and I can tell you it was Brutal working out in that. Where do you live and what are experiencing??? It's 7pm and the temps has...
  3. Enforce a cumulative time quota available for Windows 10 usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Enforce a cumulative time quota available for Windows 10 usage: Hi everyone, I want to put a cumulative quota of usage, so that any given week I have a total of 10:30hs at my disposal to use the computer. My wish is to use 90 minutes a day, but in a flexible way, never exceeding during the week the total maximum cumulative quote of 10...
  4. Record multiple videos at the same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Record multiple videos at the same time: I would like to record n separate windows simultaneously. How can I do this, on Windows? In addition: the outputs should be n different, say .mp4, videos, one for each window it is very important that every window has the corresponding audio recorded as well (and not the...
  5. recording time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    recording time: How do I extend the recording length for cool edit pro 2.0? I will move the bar up top to view my project, but I can only record 3:05 of voice material. How can I make that time greater?...
  6. Time recorded for completion of 'EVENT" games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time recorded for completion of 'EVENT" games: I trust Microsoft is monitoring this Community site. My question/issue is with the computation of recorded time for completed games. It occurs too frequently where the game is successfully completed but the server is having some issue in recording the game results. The...
  7. RECORDING PROGRAM TIME PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RECORDING PROGRAM TIME PROBLEMS: I AM USING WIN 10. I am using a Hauppauge recording software called WINTV 8.5. After the time change I can not put the exact start and stop recording time in without it changing. I am in contact with the software company but so far they have not been able to find out what...
  8. Timing of PC usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Timing of PC usage: Hi Sometimes I get carried away with my PC activity, and forget to take breaks as often as I know would be good for me. I'm pretty sure there is nothing built in to Win 10 that can do this?? but I would like to be able to set an alert using a script/app/utility which...
  9. Record/Gather reliable boot time of Windows 10 device

in Windows 10 Support
    Record/Gather reliable boot time of Windows 10 device: Hi, i am currently looking into a way to track the time it takes a Windows machine to reach the Desktop after i switch the power button on. The drive is encrypted with bitlocker and I do not want to include the time it takes for me to enter the pin nor the time it takes for...
  10. Windows 10 voice recorder and windows 10 screen recorder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 voice recorder and windows 10 screen recorder: Hi, Im using voicemeeter but the voice and screen recorder is picking the voice from my mic not from Voicemeeter. Does some one know how to fix it....