Windows 10: Timing when screen revertes to desktop

Discus and support Timing when screen revertes to desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I stop working for a few minutes the screen saver comes on. It is very annoying. How can I change the time when this happens. It now revertes in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertaGleeson, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Timing when screen revertes to desktop

When I stop working for a few minutes the screen saver comes on. It is very annoying. How can I change the time when this happens. It now revertes in about 4 minutes.

:)

RobertaGleeson, Oct 15, 2018

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 15, 2018
  4. TIGR Win User

Timing when screen revertes to desktop

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

Thema:

Timing when screen revertes to desktop

1. Timing when screen revertes to desktop - Similar Threads - Timing screen revertes

2. Desktop Background Keeps Reverting to Factory Custom Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Background Keeps Reverting to Factory Custom Screen: I have an ASUS ProArt Studiobook 16 that I keep trying to change the background of. I want to make it use a slideshow effect to save the OLED screen, but no matter what background I set it to, the computer will revert back to the factory installed custom theme with the...
  3. Desktop Background Keeps Reverting to Factory Custom Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Background Keeps Reverting to Factory Custom Screen: I have an ASUS ProArt Studiobook 16 that I keep trying to change the background of. I want to make it use a slideshow effect to save the OLED screen, but no matter what background I set it to, the computer will revert back to the factory installed custom theme with the...
  4. Windows 11 Desktop background keeps reverting when I change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop background keeps reverting when I change it: Desktop background keeps reverting to a specific picture every time I change itI have an original Windows 11 installation on a brand new asus laptop. The desktop background came preconfigured to a picture. I want to change it from that picture to a solid black color.I...
  5. Windows 11 Desktop background keeps reverting when I change it

Windows 11 Desktop background keeps reverting when I change it: Desktop background keeps reverting to a specific picture every time I change itI have an original Windows 11 installation on a brand new asus laptop. The desktop background came preconfigured to a picture. I want to change it from that picture to a solid black color.I...
  6. Desktop wallpaper keeps reverting to a specific picture every time I change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop wallpaper keeps reverting to a specific picture every time I change it: **Please help**I just installed Windows 11 in a brand new asus laptop. I have created two users, both as admins with two different backgrounds themes pictures, not slideshow. And the problem begins... At first it seemed that the second users background always reverted to be...
  7. Desktop wallpaper keeps reverting to a specific picture every time I change it

Desktop wallpaper keeps reverting to a specific picture every time I change it: **Please help**I just installed Windows 11 in a brand new asus laptop. I have created two users, both as admins with two different backgrounds themes pictures, not slideshow. And the problem begins... At first it seemed that the second users background always reverted to be...
  8. Screen Reverts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Reverts: Does anyone know how to fix this issue.......... My computer randomly reverts to the previous screen. It seems to be getting worse. I can be in the middle of anything and I lose what I was doing when it goes to a previous screen....
  9. Screen Resolution reverting to 640x480 when opening certain games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Resolution reverting to 640x480 when opening certain games: Okay so I just got this issue about a few days ago and everything was fine before. When I am trying to open certain games the resolution reverts to 640x480 when the game launches instead of being 1920x1080. The main game it was doing this with was Batman Arkham City GOTY but...
  10. Screen reverting to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen reverting to desktop: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last week. Since then I am facing two problems. . 1. When I am searching for a file in My documents , Downloads etc the screen reverts to Desktop forcing me to start every thing afresh. 2. When I am typing a mail or preparing a...