Windows 10: Tiny icons in Start screen tiles

Discus and support Tiny icons in Start screen tiles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was trying to figure out why the Start screen looked odd--and then I noticed the app icons in the tiles are about 1/3 the size they were in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adambravo, Jun 17, 2015.

1. adambravo Win User

Tiny icons in Start screen tiles

I was trying to figure out why the Start screen looked odd--and then I noticed the app icons in the tiles are about 1/3 the size they were in Windows 8, so you've got (for example), a tiny W for Word in Windows 10 vs a more visible W in Windows 8.1. Only appears to apply to desktop apps, not store apps (e.g., Google, Adobe Reader Touch). Anyone else notice this?

:)

adambravo, Jun 17, 2015

2. Can I get the number of voicemails to show up on a tile?

Is there a way to get the number of voicemails that I have to either show up on the phone tile (much like the missed calls do) or even on a seperate tile. I often seem to miss the brief notification and the tiny icon at the bottom of the phone screen is
    hard to read.

ByteRunner52, Jun 17, 2015
  3. sarafrey1 Win User
    Surface Pro 3 desktop toolbar "resolution:" fix??

I was playing Sims 3. Usually when I play, my display changes but then goes back to what I had it set at. Today, I decided to try and display my Pro screen on a TV I recently purchased over wireless while playing Sims. Something weird happened and my screen
    kept blinking between a black screen and my Desktop (not the Tile one). I restarted my computer in hopes of rectifying the situation - but my resolution was changed, black bars on either side of the screen. I put on my recommended setting and that seemed to
    fix my Start Tiles page, but when I went back to my desktop, all the icons were super small. I switched the shortcut size for my desktop, but my Toolbar icons are still very tiny. Is there a way to fix this?

sarafrey1, Jun 17, 2015
  4. Tiny icons in Start screen tiles

Yep, they're working on it. The icons were larger but very fuzzy in 10.0.122 (or 10.0.074) so they reverted to being clear and tiny in 10.0.130

Slartybart, Jun 17, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    I think I prefer them the size they are now.

Boozad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tiny icons in Start screen tiles

1. Tiny icons in Start screen tiles - Similar Threads - Tiny icons Start

2. Icons on start menu are tiny

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons on start menu are tiny: [ATTACH] You can see the start menu icons are small on the taskbar they are oversized any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-start-menu-are-tiny/4e90f316-cb46-4bfb-8d3d-e09c9855501b
  3. Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?: I have 3 shortcuts to websites... specifically links to Zoom conferences. I have pinned these shortcuts to the start menu as small tiles. I made 3 icons, one for each, in Illustrator, saved as PNG, then ran them through Gimp to save as Icons. Gimp has changed a LOT since I...
  4. Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen: I'm curious to know if anyone has seen something like this, and even more interested in any known solutions. I have a group tile for Microsoft Office Web Apps. The icons on that tile are super tiny. Likewise when I open that group, the icon on each individual tile in...
  5. Tiles on Start screen

Tiles on Start screen: The tiles in the Start screen have gone from clean, efficient layout to all over the place and I don't know why. How can I get them back to display in an orderly fashion? Everything that I tried fails to solve the issue. HELP, please & thank you JC...
  6. start screen (with tiles on it)

start screen (with tiles on it): My start screen has all my tiles on it and the back ground will change colors but when I open it to full screen view the back ground goes black. I have toggled tablet mode on and off and I have change from picture to slide show and I have enlarged the tiles but to no avail...
  7. Start Page Tile Icon Question?.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Page Tile Icon Question?.: Hi, I was adding a new shortcut and rearranging things on my start page tiles and somehow got the new tile icon for handbrake into the existing one for Control Panel. This resulted in two smaller icons in the same tile. I fiddled about and got Handbrake into its own tile but...
  8. Sorting Start screen tiles

Sorting Start screen tiles: Is there no means to sort tiles alphabetically in a Start screen named group? It seems archaic to have to rearrange tiles by hand every time I add a new one, simply to maintain their alphabetic order. 49361
  9. Problem with tiles in Start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with tiles in Start screen: I have had this problem with Start screen tiles for some months. I had hoped it might go away with a either updates or some repairs to the Store or resets, but it persists. A proportion of the tiles, perhaps about 20%, are either completely blank or just show the text name of...
  10. Blurry tiles on Start Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry tiles on Start Screen: Hi there, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 after a while on 8.1 and am slowly getting used to the changes. Because I preferred the Start Screen from 8 (as opposed to a Start Menu) I've set that as my default option on 10. But I'm experiencing an odd issue where the image...