Tiny icons in Start screen tiles

Discus and support Tiny icons in Start screen tiles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was trying to figure out why the Start screen looked odd--and then I noticed the app icons in the tiles are about 1/3 the size they were in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adambravo, Jun 17, 2015.

1. adambravo Win User

I was trying to figure out why the Start screen looked odd--and then I noticed the app icons in the tiles are about 1/3 the size they were in Windows 8, so you've got (for example), a tiny W for Word in Windows 10 vs a more visible W in Windows 8.1. Only appears to apply to desktop apps, not store apps (e.g., Google, Adobe Reader Touch). Anyone else notice this?

:)

adambravo, Jun 17, 2015
  2. ByteRunner52 Win User

Can I get the number of voicemails to show up on a tile?

Is there a way to get the number of voicemails that I have to either show up on the phone tile (much like the missed calls do) or even on a seperate tile. I often seem to miss the brief notification and the tiny icon at the bottom of the phone screen is
    hard to read.

ByteRunner52, Jun 17, 2015
  3. sarafrey1 Win User
    Surface Pro 3 desktop toolbar "resolution:" fix??

I was playing Sims 3. Usually when I play, my display changes but then goes back to what I had it set at. Today, I decided to try and display my Pro screen on a TV I recently purchased over wireless while playing Sims. Something weird happened and my screen
    kept blinking between a black screen and my Desktop (not the Tile one). I restarted my computer in hopes of rectifying the situation - but my resolution was changed, black bars on either side of the screen. I put on my recommended setting and that seemed to
    fix my Start Tiles page, but when I went back to my desktop, all the icons were super small. I switched the shortcut size for my desktop, but my Toolbar icons are still very tiny. Is there a way to fix this?

sarafrey1, Jun 17, 2015
  4. Slartybart Win User

Yep, they're working on it. The icons were larger but very fuzzy in 10.0.122 (or 10.0.074) so they reverted to being clear and tiny in 10.0.130

Slartybart, Jun 17, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    I think I prefer them the size they are now.

Boozad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Tiny icons in Start screen tiles - Similar Threads - Tiny icons Start

2. when i put my pictures on screen display they are stretched??

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i put my pictures on screen display they are stretched??: I select groups of pictures from albums, and some are stretched in width?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/when-i-put-my-pictures-on-screen-display-they-are/ce8c43f3-6ef1-4e9b-adfa-1aac2bea57d6
  3. Adjusting My Screen Brightness

Adjusting My Screen Brightness: I have a Probook 470 G5, and suddenly my f3 and f4 keys wont work, and I can't adjust my screens brightness. I've read about uninstalling/deleting my current display adapter, but I don't know which one I should uninstall. Send help for my poor eyes at night....
  4. original tiles

original tiles: i want to get the original tiles that came with windows 10 please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/original-tiles/0f4a7124-96e6-48be-8105-793835da1b41
  5. windows update changed desktop icons

windows update changed desktop icons: Update changed the desktop icon sizes and arrangement, how can I return them to previous views? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-update-changed-desktop-icons/777e250b-b3c5-4903-b316-f7efd57f3303
  6. Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803)

Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803): I recently acquired a new work laptop running Windows 10 v1803. I have elected an image from my Pictures folder to be used as my lock screen image. I also have "Show lock screen background picture in the sign-in screen" selected. However, every time I turn on my PC I was met...
  7. black screen on right side of opening page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    black screen on right side of opening page: We need to fix your Microsoft account(most likely your password has changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experience settings.9.09a...
  8. Desktop Computer goes black screen, then shut off and won't turn on again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop Computer goes black screen, then shut off and won't turn on again: Hi, Recently one of my friends called me and said that his desktop computer went black screen, then shut off and won't turn back on again. He gave me a camera view of the back of it and the power source light was still on, but again, he couldn't turn the physical PC on...
  9. Updated: Black screen, little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated: Black screen, little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN,...: I shut down my laptop last night, get the dreaded black screen, and the little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN, really. Why is this still a problem, and like someone else posted... Why can we not opt out of updates...
  10. Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared: My bluetooth icon has disappeared from the Device Manager. I was using a bluetooth mouse for most of the morning and then around 12:30pm PST my mouse started to act flaky. I did updates, but still do not have the option to turn On/Off bluetooth. Perhaps I hit some key...