Tiny icons in Start screen tiles

Discus and support Tiny icons in Start screen tiles in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I was trying to figure out why the Start screen looked odd--and then I noticed the app icons in the tiles are about 1/3 the size they were in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adambravo, Jun 17, 2015.

1. adambravo Win User

I was trying to figure out why the Start screen looked odd--and then I noticed the app icons in the tiles are about 1/3 the size they were in Windows 8, so you've got (for example), a tiny W for Word in Windows 10 vs a more visible W in Windows 8.1. Only appears to apply to desktop apps, not store apps (e.g., Google, Adobe Reader Touch). Anyone else notice this?

:)

adambravo, Jun 17, 2015
  2. ByteRunner52 Win User

Can I get the number of voicemails to show up on a tile?

Is there a way to get the number of voicemails that I have to either show up on the phone tile (much like the missed calls do) or even on a seperate tile. I often seem to miss the brief notification and the tiny icon at the bottom of the phone screen is
    hard to read.

ByteRunner52, Jun 17, 2015
  3. sarafrey1 Win User
    Surface Pro 3 desktop toolbar "resolution:" fix??

I was playing Sims 3. Usually when I play, my display changes but then goes back to what I had it set at. Today, I decided to try and display my Pro screen on a TV I recently purchased over wireless while playing Sims. Something weird happened and my screen
    kept blinking between a black screen and my Desktop (not the Tile one). I restarted my computer in hopes of rectifying the situation - but my resolution was changed, black bars on either side of the screen. I put on my recommended setting and that seemed to
    fix my Start Tiles page, but when I went back to my desktop, all the icons were super small. I switched the shortcut size for my desktop, but my Toolbar icons are still very tiny. Is there a way to fix this?

sarafrey1, Jun 17, 2015
  4. Slartybart Win User

Yep, they're working on it. The icons were larger but very fuzzy in 10.0.122 (or 10.0.074) so they reverted to being clear and tiny in 10.0.130

Slartybart, Jun 18, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    I think I prefer them the size they are now.

Boozad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tiny icons in Start screen tiles - Similar Threads - Tiny icons Start

1. Cmd window font tiny when running .bat and other command line progs

in Windows 10 Support
    Cmd window font tiny when running .bat and other command line progs: The default command window font on my W10 Pro is so small as to be unreadable. I changed the cmd.exe font and size properties but that only solves the problem when cmd.exe is run directly. Batch (.bat) files and other programs that open a command window still show in the...
  2. "Tiny Planet" photo viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    "Tiny Planet" photo viewer: Anybody know how to view tiny planet photos? [img] 47544
  3. Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed)

in Windows 10 Support
    Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed): Hi All, Coming back to windows from a long Mac exile and trying to set things up on my new computer, I am having an issue with one specific program: Wacom Tablet preferences I downloaded the appropriate driver from the wacom website (it works, this is not a questions about...
  4. Is there ANY Way to Save a Tiny File to a Restricted Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there ANY Way to Save a Tiny File to a Restricted Folder?: HELLO ! As you all know, there are some folders in Win10 in which MS disallows any edit (Example:: Normally, you Can't Save a file to folder "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps"). I have a ZERO-byte (Empty) file that I have (for Many Hours) been trying to figure out a way (with...
  5. Build 10166 TINY icons / menus etc until I sign out and sign back in

in Windows 10 Support
    Build 10166 TINY icons / menus etc until I sign out and sign back in: Hi there I notice on build 10166 after a re-boot the icons / texts etc are TINY on a large monitor unless I SIGN OUT and SIGN back in again --not shutdown / restart but use the ALT-CTRL-DEL to get the Lock menu. Choose sign out and then sign back in again -- your previous...
  6. Lost stuff to virus, nowfonts/icons super tiny!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost stuff to virus, nowfonts/icons super tiny!!!: Lost most of computer by virus, now “Desktop” is empty... Hello, content of my Desktop is gone by a virus, together with other files and programs. But now I need it to get to "Display" so I can enlarge my extremely tiny text and icons that even with a magnifying glass I...
  7. Desktop icons with tiny pictures - How do I get larger pictures?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons with tiny pictures - How do I get larger pictures?: When I create desktop icons for Apps, some have TINY pictures. Example: [img] Same procedure to create the desktop icons, but different results. Another example: [img] Procedure: click-drag-drop program icon from All Apps to desktop. Note: screen resolution is...
Tiny icons in Start screen tiles solved