Windows 10: Tiny multi colored text popping up on my screen. Virus?

Discus and support Tiny multi colored text popping up on my screen. Virus? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I hope this is OK to ask here. Recently when opening firefox, suddenly, cubes of tiny (5 pt or close) multi colored text popped up all over my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MonsterBongos, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Tiny multi colored text popping up on my screen. Virus?

Hi. I hope this is OK to ask here.
    Recently when opening firefox, suddenly, cubes of tiny (5 pt or close) multi colored text popped up all over my desktop from wall to wall. it was too quick to read, ans some of the blocks were oriented sideways. then, poof! gone.
    I am considering that this might be a graphics card malfunction, but I have not been able to recreate it.
    Has this heppened to anyone else or does anyoneknow what this is?
    Thanks!
    MB

submitted by /u/MonsterBongos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MonsterBongos, Dec 1, 2019

2. Even with ClearType off, Text in system apps is multi colored.

Hi. I'm struggling to remove that weird multi-colored text that, in the past, has been associated with sub-pixel anti-aliasing like Clear Type.

Here's an example:

Tiny multi colored text popping up on my screen. Virus? [​IMG]

I've tried two things with no improvement:
    1) Turn off ClearType in the ClearType Text Tuner
    2) Turn off "Smooth edges of screen fonts" in the Performance Options control panel.

Where else can I go to turn this off? It looks like garbage!

bentwookie, Dec 1, 2019
  3. How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 1, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Tiny multi colored text popping up on my screen. Virus?

text color.

Hi George,

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide the suitable solution to your concern, we need additional information:

• Are you referring on the computer's default text color?
    • Is it the text color on the browser or website?
    • When did this issue occur?
    • Have you tried setting the High contrast?

We'll look forward on your response.

Anne Ros, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Tiny multi colored text popping up on my screen. Virus?

1. Tiny multi colored text popping up on my screen. Virus? - Similar Threads - Tiny multi colored

2. microsoft.yourphone_1.22052.554.0_x64 pop up, is this a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft.yourphone_1.22052.554.0_x64 pop up, is this a virus?: I was watching a football match on my laptop and I got a pop up message "Microsoft.Yourphone" I have attached a screenshot. I didn't run the app and I don't remember installing Microsoft your phone, is this a virus?...
  3. microsoft.yourphone_1.22052.554.0_x64 pop up, is this a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft.yourphone_1.22052.554.0_x64 pop up, is this a virus?: I was watching a football match on my laptop and I got a pop up message "Microsoft.Yourphone" I have attached a screenshot. I didn't run the app and I don't remember installing Microsoft your phone, is this a virus?...
  4. Tiny, Tiny Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiny, Tiny Text: Hi. I'm running Windows 10, the newest iteration. All of a sudden yesterday a lot of text was so small I could barely read it. Web pages are ok except for Firefox new page text under the most used and sponsored links. Task bar and task tray apps are small when you right...
  5. Tiny, Tiny Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tiny, Tiny Text: Hi. I'm running Windows 10, the newest iteration. All of a sudden yesterday a lot of text was so small I could barely read it. Web pages are ok except for Firefox new page text under the most used and sponsored links. Task bar and task tray apps are small when you right...
  6. Tiny, Tiny Text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. pop up text

pop up text: On my laptop when I hover over items in the start menu like shutdown the text "Close all apps and turns off PC" pops up and make it hard to actually click shutdown. This does not happen on my desktop machine. How do I turn this feature off? I have go into the settings >...
  8. Tiny Pop Up Window That Won't Maximize

Tiny Pop Up Window That Won't Maximize: I have a Dell laptop which runs on Windows 10. I am trying to download a software program but cannot complete loading the software my computer. I can only get as far as the Installation Manager pop up screen, which when opened only opens to a tiny window size and it won't...
  9. Save and Save As pop up windows are tiny.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save and Save As pop up windows are tiny.: Save & Save As pop up windows are TINY. Makes for both clutter and frustration trying to find the folder I want to save into. How do I 'enlarge' the window? Many Thanks...
  10. Even with ClearType off, Text in system apps is multi colored.

in Windows 10 Support
    Even with ClearType off, Text in system apps is multi colored.: Hi. I'm struggling to remove that weird multi-colored text that, in the past, has been associated with sub-pixel anti-aliasing like Clear Type. Here's an example: [img] I've tried two things with no improvement: 1) Turn off ClearType in the ClearType Text Tuner 2) Turn...