Windows 10: Tiny Windows Calculator and on-top functionality coming

Discus and support Tiny Windows Calculator and on-top functionality coming in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Calculator is a popular application that is included as a native tool in all versions of the Windows operating system. Microsoft released... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 31, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Tiny Windows Calculator and on-top functionality coming

Windows Calculator is a popular application that is included as a native tool in all versions of the Windows operating system. Microsoft released Windows Calculator's source recently, and the program is now also available on the Web and the mobile operating systems Android and iOS.

Microsoft experimented a bit with Windows Calculator in the past; it released a huge version in the Windows 10 Creators Update feature update but there has not been much change otherwise. Most Windows users seem quite happy with the current state of the Calculator. That is not to say that there are not any alternatives available. There is the scientific calculator RedCrab, or the unit converter Calculatormatik. And if you want something crazy, there is even a mouse with calculator functionality.

Tip: Check out our guide on fixing the You'll need a new app to open this calculator error when launching Windows Calculator on Windows 10, and our guide on changing the size of Calculator.

One of the missing features of Windows Calculator that is highly requested according to Microsoft is an always on-top mode. That mode locks the Windows Calculator window in place so that it is always visible on the screen. If you move another program window on top of Windows Calculator currently, you won't be able to interact with it anymore until you activate it again to make it the foreground application.

When attempting to use Calculator with other application, such as a spreadsheet, Calculator will lose focus when you click on the other app (e.g. to scroll/copy). Users have requested the ability to pin Calculator on top of other windows to facilitate ongoing use with other apps.

Dave Grochoki, a Microsoft program manager for Notepad and Windows Calculator, revealed on July 30, 2019 that on-top mode functionality is coming to Windows Calculator.

Tiny Windows Calculator and on-top functionality coming windows-calculator-on-top-tiny.png

Grochoki did not reveal an exact date for the release of the new Windows Calculator version; it appears that Microsoft plans to push the update via the Microsoft Store to all Windows 10 devices that support it.

A click on the new on-top icon makes Windows Calculator sit on top of all other program windows; ideal for making calculations using it while working in other program windows.

The new version of Windows Calculator comes with another requested feature: tiny calculator. Tiny Calculator is a minimized version of the Calculator interface that takes up less space on the desktop.

Closing Words

The option to make Windows Calculator stay on top all the time is a much requested and useful feature. It takes a click to set the new state to use the calculator at anytime on the system. Tiny calculator adds to that as it takes up less space on the screen when enabled.

Now You: Do you use Windows Calculator or another app for calculations? (via Windows Latest)

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks)). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Tiny Windows Calculator and on-top functionality coming appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 31, 2019

2. Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 31, 2019
  3. ossie Win User
    Calculator is missing

I just type Calculator in search bar and it pops up at top of list.

ossie, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Tiny Windows Calculator and on-top functionality coming

Windows 10 Calculator-Statistics View

Does anyone have a solution to the missing Statistics view in the Windows 10 Calculator program?

In Windows 7 Calculator you could switch to Statistics view and create a list of figures used the 'Add' button and then perform various functions on the list.

I didn't use a huge number of the statistics persay, but loved the view of a list of figures and an automatic count:

I could use Excel, but that seems a bit over the top.

I tried copying the executable from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but it failed to open.

Regards

Penny

PJStockley, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Tiny Windows Calculator and on-top functionality coming

1. Tiny Windows Calculator and on-top functionality coming - Similar Threads - Tiny Calculator top

2. My calculator is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My calculator is not functioning properly: I do use my calculator to do both standard and scientific calculations, and also for currency exchange. I discovered this midnight when I wanted to use it I could not find the currency of a number of countries in it most especially the United States of America $. The US was...
  3. My calculator is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My calculator is not functioning properly: I do use my calculator to do both standard and scientific calculations, and also for currency exchange. I discovered this midnight when I wanted to use it I could not find the currency of a number of countries in it most especially the United States of America $. The US was...
  4. My calculator is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Tiny, Tiny Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiny, Tiny Text: Hi. I'm running Windows 10, the newest iteration. All of a sudden yesterday a lot of text was so small I could barely read it. Web pages are ok except for Firefox new page text under the most used and sponsored links. Task bar and task tray apps are small when you right...
  6. Microsoft Store and Calculator app not functioning

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Calculator app not functioning: I was trying to launch the standard Windows Calculator app, and the splash screen would appear for a second and then disappear. I then noted that I was unable to download any of the currently uninstalled apps in my Microsoft Store library I kept getting the "Try again later"...
  7. Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search: Hello! In Windows Search Win key + S the calculator, currency converter and other capabilities does not work for me.When I say it for Cortana it works, but in most cases typing would be better. Cortana is enabled and running, but somehow it does not integrate with Search....
  8. Calculator on Windows 10 already has a function Keep on top

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calculator on Windows 10 already has a function Keep on top: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/quanganh2001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dh3ul9/calculator_on_windows_10_already_has_a_function/
  9. Windows 10 Calculator - history function

Windows 10 Calculator - history function: I wan't to be able to view the calculation history, and use the calculator at the same time. this was a standard option in the previous calculators. please bring it back. also, it's really annoying that the keys flash different colours when you press the corresponding...
  10. Windows Calculator invalid 10^x function

Windows Calculator invalid 10^x function: This is definitely a glitch with the calculator that never used to happen until the update. I get "Invalid input" whenever I try the 10^x function with a decimal input with at least 5 decimal places. I have verified that a value with 4 decimal places works. Before it would...