Windows 10: Tip #578: Making space

Discus and support Tip #578: Making space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Tip #578: Look at the size of things, folders, files et al on your OS drive Sys driveoccasionally. When you can move stuff to an External Drive OR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Drew1903, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Drew1903 Win User

Tip #578: Making space

Tip #578: Look at the size of things, folders, files et al on your OS drive Sys driveoccasionally. When you can move stuff to an External Drive OR OneDrive... it's always good if the OS drive free space can be kept as large as possible by it not being a long-term storage location.

Can do the same with your internal Data drive.

The more free space drives have the happier they are & the better your machine works.

Cheers,
    Drew

Tip #578: Making space addfb064-9417-44d6-a9b8-cc326e162975?upload=true.jpg

:)

Drew1903, Oct 25, 2020

2. I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Oct 25, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Tip #578: Making space :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Tip #578: Making space

space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Tip #578: Making space

1. Tip #578: Making space - Similar Threads - Tip #578 Making

2. shift key making a space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift key making a space: So I came to my laptop compaq presario c504us and saw a transparent liquid probably water all over it. I turned it off after wiping the water off with my jacket sleeve i tried getting a paper towel to clean it, but someone said it was completely dry and i believed them......
  3. Disk is full, make space...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk is full, make space...: I have used all of the suggestions given by Microsoft on my computer. Cleaned disk or all temporary files and personal files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-is-full-make-space/bf6dcf85-7b24-4030-b811-f27ceb16dae4
  4. How to make disc space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make disc space: How to make disc space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-disc-space/a0ccca37-89b3-4990-9349-97f9f2fe49c2
  5. A Tip

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Tip: Some may not be aware of this or realise it: You know a URL, no browser is open. Hit Win, type the URL, hit Enter & voila, there it, the web site, will be. You seek something, hit Win, type it and voila, there are search results. Just hit Win & begin typing. No need to open...
  6. A Tip: Use Tips

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Tip: Use Tips: Ah, but seriously, use Tips. To discover, know & learn your Windows 10 Operating System, turn to Tips. What's New, abilities, Features, tools, What, Where & How... in Tips and all in plain, easy to understand, English, too. [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  7. Making space in One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making space in One Drive: How to move a notebook from One Note in One Drive to a DVD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-space-in-one-drive/5d10383d-e7e1-4d76-8373-ea12cf99d2b8
  8. Tips

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tips: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jmxd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e99xig/tips/
  9. Two tray tip questions (make silent; make non-animated)

in Windows 10 Support
    Two tray tip questions (make silent; make non-animated): Hello 1. Is there a way to make tray tips (and other notifications in the system tray) silent? I run some AutoIt scripts that utilise the system tray for progress reporting, but with Windows 10's notification sounds I'm constantly bombarded with beeping. 2. Is there a way...
  10. Tips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tips: "Tips" on this PC has several categories. The tips for each category are numbered 1 of n tips. How do you skip tip # 1 in any category? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tips/26f6d223-7166-4698-b672-c215934f51bb