Windows 10: Tip for Start Menu Alternative

Discus and support Tip for Start Menu Alternative in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since I don't have windows 10 installed, I basing the names of the folders on windows 7, please change accordingly. You will need to change your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by groze, Nov 19, 2014.

1. groze Win User

Tip for Start Menu Alternative

Since I don't have windows 10 installed, I basing the names of the folders on windows 7, please change accordingly. You will need to change your account to administrator for this to work, I think you can change back after your are done and it still should work but I have no idea.

You will need a registry file called take ownership. That file still should work in build 9879 but I am not sure. Merge that registry file. You can do this without take ownership reg file but it is a lot harder to do.

In folder options or whatever its called now. You will need you uncheck the hide boxes. Once that is done.

Open up folder c:\users
    Right Click on the folder called All Users and click on takeownship.

Close all folders. Right Click on taskbar, toolsbars, choose new toolbar,
    browser to C:\ProgramData\Start Menu select Programs

You will need to do this for each user you have on the computer.

You should have something like this, just click on programs arrow to open up.

Feel free to add corrections.

:)

groze, Nov 19, 2014
  2. lacrumb Win User

How do I access Command Prompt Administrator Access in Windows 10 with the Creators Upgrade installed?

The taskbar alternate menu and the Start alternate menu are the same.

Accessed by right clicking on the Start icon on the taskbar.

lacrumb, Nov 19, 2014
  3. Martmcd Win User
    How do I access Command Prompt Administrator Access in Windows 10 with the Creators Upgrade installed?

I think of that to be an alternate Start menu, the task bar has its own alternate menu.

perhaps its only me that thinks it would be better situated in the Start settings, still its not an issue.

Martmcd, Nov 19, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 19, 2014
  5. groze Win User
    Thank you Brink. I wasn't aware of that tip.

groze, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Tip for Start Menu Alternative - Similar Threads - Tip Start Menu

2. Can't type in the search bar in the start menu and none of the tips are helping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in the search bar in the start menu and none of the tips are helping: For some reason my search bar is no longer functioning. It's making it hard to find documents and apps. I tried all the tips given either from answer.microsoft or random website but it's still not working. I'm not sure if their problem is even the same as mine. This problem...
  3. Can't type in the search bar in the start menu and none of the tips are helping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in the search bar in the start menu and none of the tips are helping: For some reason my search bar is no longer functioning. It's making it hard to find documents and apps. I tried all the tips given either from answer.microsoft or random website but it's still not working. I'm not sure if their problem is even the same as mine. This problem...
  4. Tips for starting win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tips for starting win10: I am going to upgrade to win10 soon, any tips? submitted by /u/EW05 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2vbtk/tips_for_starting_win10/
  5. Alternative Windows 10 start menu

Alternative Windows 10 start menu: I'm looking for an alternative start menu for windows 10 that looks more cleaner, some suggestions? submitted by /u/Licenziato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiz01e/alternative_windows_10_start_menu/
  6. Tips icon in the start menu in the outdated icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tips icon in the start menu in the outdated icon: hey there: Can someone help me out? I noticed that the tips icon in the start menu is in the outdated icon. It is different from the MS store. What can I do?[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Are there any alternatives to the Start Menu?

Are there any alternatives to the Start Menu?: I love having my icons available but recently I've clicked on Auto-Hide taskbar and positioned it on the left side of the screen. it's great having that extra clean space but it has it's issues like not always auto-hiding and staying open and when I've moved the mouse away...
  8. Try this Tip if Start Menu Tiles Don't Work

Try this Tip if Start Menu Tiles Don't Work: Try this Windows 10 tip if your Start Menu Tiles Don't Work-Helpful before trying Terminate/Repair/or Reinstalling Tile Apps. 1. Go to Search and type in the problematic APP. It will show in the App List. 2. Select "Unpin From Start." Menu 3. Re-pin the App to the Start...
  9. Tip: Create a Mini Control Panel in Start Menu

Tip: Create a Mini Control Panel in Start Menu: Although Control Panel is being slowly eradicated, there are still a few links that are useful and getting to them via settings menu is a bit unintuitive. You can of course, pin control panel to the Start Menu to make access easier. People may not be aware that you can pin...
  10. AllApps menu alternative

in Windows 10 Support
    AllApps menu alternative: I prefer the AllApps screen in Win8.1 to the alpha list in Win10. I've suggested a few variants to MS through feedback. It looks as though the alpha list will be the defacto standard, although a leaked peek shows it is a little better (can be hidden) and the Start Screen...