Windows 10: Tip: For you own safety, you should never Check for Updates in Windows

Discus and support Tip: For you own safety, you should never Check for Updates in Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; "... besides ticking the Become an Insider box there is another way to tell Microsoft you like to live on the wild side, and that is simply clicking on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hello10, Dec 16, 2018.

1. hello10 Win User

Tip: For you own safety, you should never Check for Updates in Windows

"... besides ticking the Become an Insider box there is another way to tell Microsoft you like to live on the wild side, and that is simply clicking on the Check for Updates button... In a blog post last week Michael Fortin, Corporate Vice President of Windows revealed that clicking that button marked you out as an advanced user willing to test early versions of Windows 10 patches."
    Source: Tip: For you own safety, you should never Check for Updates in Windows 10

That's a fair warning, but how many ordinary users understand the gravity of clicking the button? *really

:)

hello10, Dec 16, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Tip: For you own safety, you should never Check for Updates in Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 16, 2018
  4. jbanks01 Win User

Check Family Safety Windows 10

Unfortunately this advice doesn't resolve my issue. I don't have the option to "select the person" to turn off family settings because I have no people listed under family settings. I am single, with no children, and well over the age of 21. I only
    see the prompt/button to add a child which would imply that family safety should not be turned on. However, I continue to receive the annoying notification/tip referring to family safety settings. If there is no child listed; then how does one turn off family
    safety.

jbanks01, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Tip: For you own safety, you should never Check for Updates in Windows - Similar Threads - Tip own safety

2. Should you update this in your computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should you update this in your computer?: do you need to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-update-this-in-your-computer/1285d2c5-3b4c-4260-8b5b-b452dbf3f03a
  3. Should you update this in your computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should you update this in your computer?: do you need to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-update-this-in-your-computer/1285d2c5-3b4c-4260-8b5b-b452dbf3f03a
  4. 10x times cleaner now, thank you for the tips (tech tips?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    10x times cleaner now, thank you for the tips (tech tips?): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NexyDoesReddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3zjd4/10x_times_cleaner_now_thank_you_for_the_tips_tech/
  5. "You own this game".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "You own this game".: Hello, this is Astrid. On my lenovo I am having this problem where I am installing this game but it says I already own this game but I don't. I looked in every file and know I don't own this game but I want to install this game but does not let me. hat do I do to install...
  6. If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.: [ATTACH] Personally, I've had no issues with Windows forcing an update onto me in the past but this is still nice to see. On 1903, it seems like Windows doesn't even download updates during the active hours any more. It shows you which updates are available and waits...
  7. Should you install Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 News
    Should you install Windows 10 Updates?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 Updates regularly. It can be security updates, a significant upgrade or cumulative updates. Given the problems that Windows 10 updates cause – some people have this lingering question in their minds – Should you install [...]...
  8. Should you manually Check for Updates or wait for them to be offered to you

in Windows 10 News
    Should you manually Check for Updates or wait for them to be offered to you: [ATTACH] Final products are not perfect. The same goes for Windows 10 as well. However, Windows 10 v1809 which came out in October made User files disappear and ran into many other issues. The issue was so serious that Microsoft had [...] This post Should you manually Check...
  9. For you own safety, you should never Check for Updates in Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    For you own safety, you should never Check for Updates in Windows: "... besides ticking the Become an Insider box there is another way to tell Microsoft you like to live on the wild side, and that is simply clicking on the Check for Updates button... In a blog post last week Michael Fortin, Corporate Vice President of Windows revealed that...
  10. Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums!

in Windows 10 Support
    Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums!: [img] Information Fellow TF geeks, let's start collecting various Windows 10 & software tips & tricks that are not published elsewher on the World Wide Interwebs. Post in this thread if you have found an undocumented feature, modified an existing way to do stuff so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we couldnt check for updates because you arent connected to the internet. make sure you have a cellular data or wi-fi connection and try again.