Windows 10: Tip: Sound / Video Issues cutting out, intermittent, volume? Try unplugging / re-plugging...

Discus and support Tip: Sound / Video Issues cutting out, intermittent, volume? Try unplugging / re-plugging... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This post will sound ridiculously simple but could save a lot of time and frustration. If you have a configuration where your computer is connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kromtara, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Kromtara Win User

Tip: Sound / Video Issues cutting out, intermittent, volume? Try unplugging / re-plugging...

This post will sound ridiculously simple but could save a lot of time and frustration. If you have a configuration where your computer is connected via HDMI cables to an amplifier/display/other devices and you are experiencing sound or video issues including cutting out, intermittent, volume or even issues with one application in particular like video streaming try completely unplugging and re-plugging all the HDMI cables.

We learned this the hard way after reinstalling video card drivers, going through all the Windows 10 settings, and amplifier settings - even doing performance tests using tools. All it took was completely disconnecting and reconnecting all the HDMI cables. We did this with all the devices on and this tip fixed issues for others too. I am not entirely sure what causes these problems or why this solution works the cables were never loose or defective but I think that HDMI gets out of synch between devices and reestablishing it requires this simple step.

Hey, what do you have to lose? Cheers and, if I have posted this tip to the wrong area, I hope that a moderator will move it as appropriate.

:)

Kromtara, Feb 28, 2020
  2. ern88 Win User

Weird issue with headset cutting out.

Since upgrading to 1803. I find sometimes my HyperX Cloud Alpha headset sound and mic will cut out on me. Since this headset isn't a USB connected device. They're are no drivers for them. I don't see anything under device manager. They are connected to my front plugs on my case. I have to physically unplug and re plug them in to work. Any suggestions on solving this. Could it be a sound driver issue? Thanks.

ern88, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Leroy Win User
    Sound cuts out intermittently

I've made the change suggested in this article. It doesn't seem to address intermittent issues, but figured I'd try anyway. My original setting was 24 bit, 48,000 and I've changed this to 24 bit 44,100. If anyone else decides to try this please let us know if you have any success, or if you've found another solution that worked. Thanks!

Windows 10: How to fix sound issues after upgrade

Leroy, Feb 28, 2020
  4. TomBrad95 Win User

Tip: Sound / Video Issues cutting out, intermittent, volume? Try unplugging / re-plugging...

Ringer volume glitches when headphones are plugged in

For your first problem, the ringer volume is only for when you haven't got your headphones plugged in, when you have the headphones plugged in the volume corresponds with that, the sound also comes out of the speakers incase you have taken then off but forgotten
    to unplug them.

Do you unplug the headphones when you answer the call? I suggest unplugging the headphones for the duration of the call then immediately plug them back in again.

TomBrad95, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Tip: Sound / Video Issues cutting out, intermittent, volume? Try unplugging / re-plugging... - Similar Threads - Tip Sound Video

2. Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any...: Good day!So my issue has been occurring recently and randomly. What happens is that I would lose all sound and any web video currently playing back would pretty much pause / freeze with a loading icon overlaying the video as if it was buffering. For example, if I am watching...
  3. Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any...: Good day!So my issue has been occurring recently and randomly. What happens is that I would lose all sound and any web video currently playing back would pretty much pause / freeze with a loading icon overlaying the video as if it was buffering. For example, if I am watching...
  4. Weird sound and video playback issue temporarily solved by unplugging and re-plugging any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio sounds garbled and cuts out when volume is low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio sounds garbled and cuts out when volume is low: My computer seems to mute the audio when only low amplitude sounds are being played. Just as it's doing so, the audio also sounds garbled, like there's some sort of compression happening. It only lasts through the duration of low volume, so sounds that are supposed to be...
  6. Sound cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc is cutting and out for half a second every few seconds. This only happens when I have a video game open. Can someone give me an easy to understand solution to this problem? I have already gone in and updates all my drivers and have tried deleting and...
  7. Sound cutting in and out

Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc keeps cutting in and out. No matter where the sound is coming from headset, speakers, etc. it cuts out for half a second every few seconds. This only occurs when I'm playing games though, when watching movies or chatting with friends it never happens. Can...
  8. Mic and sound cutting out for video calls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic and sound cutting out for video calls: My mic started cutting out on Google Hangouts using Chrome on Sunday. Tonight I'm using the discord app on my laptop and the same issue. Also the sound is cutting out now. I've googled looking for answers and done all the trouble shooting. When they cut out I try them out...
  9. Tip re performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tip re performance issues: Based on my experience with Windows 10, if your main storage is a HD, here are a few tips that you may find useful for improving the performance of your system: - The HD seems the main bottleneck of a PC (not applicable is your system runs off an SSD). During periods of...
  10. Sound cuts out intermittently

Sound cuts out intermittently: Hi, Since installing Windows 10, the sound will cut out every so often, usually while watching a video on YouTube or I've downloaded. If I reboot the sound works. I notice that I can't left click on the the task bar when this happens. To reboot I need to right click on the...