Windows 10: Tips for a complete wipe/restart of Windows 10?

Discus and support Tips for a complete wipe/restart of Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my Windows 10 is totally fucked. I’ve been sitting on a security+OS update for 3 years now because I’m an idiot. Now it’s got to the point where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MyTeaJustWentCold, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Tips for a complete wipe/restart of Windows 10?

So my Windows 10 is totally fucked. I’ve been sitting on a security+OS update for 3 years now because I’m an idiot. Now it’s got to the point where I can’t run certain games or mods because all my stuff is so out of date.

I’ve tried a lot over the years to fix it, but the troubleshooter seems to imply my entire cache is corrupted or something, so my only option is just to start the whole thing again.

I don’t want to lose my files (mainly steam data but also some college work). If I were to copy the whole of my C and D drives onto memory sticks, wipe/reinstall Windows 10, and then copy the files across, would that work? Also do you have any other tips for this kind of thing?

sorry about the cluelessness and thanks for any help Tips for a complete wipe/restart of Windows 10? :)

submitted by /u/MyTeaJustWentCold
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MyTeaJustWentCold, Jan 2, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Tips for a complete wipe/restart of Windows 10? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Tips for a complete wipe/restart of Windows 10?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Tips for a complete wipe/restart of Windows 10?

1. Tips for a complete wipe/restart of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Tips complete wipe

2. Complete Wipe Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete Wipe Restart Loop: Okay, so it was possibly my own fault for this. But here’s what happened.I have my sisters old laptop. I was going to do a fresh restart— wipe all personal files and such. I got past the region, timezone, keyboard set up. But then I had for force shut it down because I didn’t...
  3. Complete Wipe Restart Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Complete Wipe Restart Loop: Okay, so it was possibly my own fault for this. But here’s what happened.I have my sisters old laptop. I was going to do a fresh restart— wipe all personal files and such. I got past the region, timezone, keyboard set up. But then I had for force shut it down because I didn’t...
  4. Complete Wipe Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10: Hi there,I am looking to completely wipe an SSD, including the Windows on it, for use in another computer that already has an SSD with Windows 10 installed on it.The issue I am struggling with is that the SSD is the only drive in the PC and I have no other SSDs or hard...
  6. Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10

Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10: Hi there,I am looking to completely wipe an SSD, including the Windows on it, for use in another computer that already has an SSD with Windows 10 installed on it.The issue I am struggling with is that the SSD is the only drive in the PC and I have no other SSDs or hard...
  7. Completely wipe an SSD including Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 complete restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 complete restart: All I did was shut down my laptop and now it completely reset EVERYTHING idk what to do. PLease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-complete-restart/945a4d86-3881-4490-8b39-c6d790ce9a01
  9. Windows 10 complete restart

Windows 10 complete restart: All I did was shut down my laptop and now it completely reset EVERYTHING idk what to do. PLease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-complete-restart/945a4d86-3881-4490-8b39-c6d790ce9a01
  10. Windows 10 complete restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade