Windows 10: Tips, Thoughts, Thrills, Threats, Treats

Discus and support Tips, Thoughts, Thrills, Threats, Treats in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In no particular order: * Use Applications window >Run > shell:appsFolder * Pin Settings icon to Taskbar. * Have Storage Sense ON. * Set Edge Dev as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drew1903, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Drew1903 Win User

Tips, Thoughts, Thrills, Threats, Treats

In no particular order:

* Use Applications window >Run > shell:appsFolder
    * Pin Settings icon to Taskbar.
    * Have Storage Sense ON.
    * Set Edge Dev as DWB because it has neat things GA doesn't
    * Don't put 3rd Part securities or firewalls in Win10.
    * Let Win+X be your good friend. Learn the K/B shortcuts.
    * Have File Explorer > This PC > Folder Options, change from Quick Access to This PC
    * A. Edge ad blocker ON
    B. Edge pop-up blocker ON
    C. Edge Tracking Prevention to Strict.
    * Start can be without tiles
    * A. Desktops can be icon-free
    B. Employ Desktop toolbar Rt clk taskbar > Toolbars
    * A. USE VIRTUAL DESKTOPS
    B. >Settings > Multi-tasking
    Set Vitual desktops to:
    1. Taskbar - Onthe one I'm using
    2. Alt+Tab - ALL Desktops
    * Grab Notepads from Store. MUCH better than Notepad
    * Check Store for Updates
    * DO NOT EVER turn a "Production machine" into an Insider machine.
    Run Insider Builds as virtual machines, Dual-boots or on a "Spare box"
    * Middle Clking taskbar icons opens another instance.
    * Run MSRT occasionally Win+MRT
    * Set PrtScn to work Snip & Sketch > Settings & type Prt in Search
    * Edge can have vertical tabs & no title bar. Recommended
    * Recommended Edge Extensions:
    1. Microsoft Bing Quick Search
    2. Microsoft Editor
    3. Print Friendly & PDF
    4. Scroll to Top
    5. Office
    6. Peapix New Tab Backgound from Chrome Store. Allows 100% clean photo, can even shut off search bar. Optional; Bing page is damn nice, too.
    * Areo Clock is a great addition - https://theaeroclock.en.lo4d.com/windows
    * Make use of Collections
    * Make sure you keep everything 100% current
    * DO NOT connect a Win7 machine to the Net
    * DO NOT use IE or Edge HTML
    * Grab & use Windows Terminal from Store

I'll probably think of more soon as I hit Post , Murphy's Law

Cheers,
    Drew
    Tips, Thoughts, Thrills, Threats, Treats 9e881213-7c49-4dcb-97e0-70f784935414?upload=true.jpg

:)

Drew1903, Mar 30, 2021

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

Hello PaulPChou,

This one works. You're correct I chose removed but it just doesn't remove the threats it says working and after working the threats are still listed. I ran the safety scanner, reboot, scan in safe mode, scan in clean boot but neither of those works to remove
    the listed threats.

Just as I thought all I need is to manually delete the file where it contains the threats list just like a log file.

Thanks for providing the path where it stores the list.

Best regards,

Lelouch

lelouch.lamperouge, Mar 30, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Tips, Thoughts, Thrills, Threats, Treats :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Tips for securing your identity against cybersecurity threats

Source: Tips for securing your identity against cybersecurity threats | Microsoft Secure Blog

Brink, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Tips, Thoughts, Thrills, Threats, Treats - Similar Threads - Tips Thoughts Thrills

2. Tips on increasing the defense and ability of Microsoft Defender to remove threats Discussion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tips on increasing the defense and ability of Microsoft Defender to remove threats Discussion: Writing Command Prompt and PowerShell script is my hobby. Recently I tested a trickbot and analyzed what it did to a system and Microsoft Defender. And would like to write a script that undos the action the virus did to Windows Defender must, remove paths where the malware is...
  3. Password protected files got treated as threats and deleted automatically by Windows...

Password protected files got treated as threats and deleted automatically by Windows...: I tried unzipping a bunch of my files zip and rar with 7Zip, there were several files that got protected with passwords Since I couldn't remember the passwords for those, I canceled the operation so that I could go and check for the password for those files. But to my...
  4. A Tip

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Tip: Some may not be aware of this or realise it: You know a URL, no browser is open. Hit Win, type the URL, hit Enter & voila, there it, the web site, will be. You seek something, hit Win, type it and voila, there are search results. Just hit Win & begin typing. No need to open...
  5. A Tip: Use Tips

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Tip: Use Tips: Ah, but seriously, use Tips. To discover, know & learn your Windows 10 Operating System, turn to Tips. What's New, abilities, Features, tools, What, Where & How... in Tips and all in plain, easy to understand, English, too. [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  6. 5 tips to help the family convince the addict to treat

5 tips to help the family convince the addict to treat: Drug addiction treatment is a journey that starts from the bottom of the summit. Before you begin this journey, you must be psychologically prepared to enter it and fully aware of all its aspects, and thus be aware of all the obstacles that you may face in order to easily...
  7. Tips

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tips: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jmxd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e99xig/tips/
  8. Windows 10 Tip: Capture your thoughts easily with Dictation

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Tip: Capture your thoughts easily with Dictation: Did you know that with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, it’s now easier than ever to take a note or write a paper – with just your voice, using your device’s microphone? [img] Natural computing experiences enable us to speak directly to our devices to accomplish tasks,...
  9. Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center thrills

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center thrills: I've installed (had it for several years) Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center again today because the mouse suddenly stopped working. Anyway, the program is installed, mouse works flawlessly but I cannot actually open the program itself. I've tried running it in...
  10. Tips for securing your identity against cybersecurity threats

in Windows 10 News
    Tips for securing your identity against cybersecurity threats: Introducing new video on best practices from the Microsoft Cyber Defense Operations Center [img] Ask any CISO or cybersecurity professional about their greatest security challenge, and it’s a good chance the answer will be “the actions of our people.”While virtually...