Windows 10: Tired of log in confusion and microsoft notices---HELP PLEASE

Discus and support Tired of log in confusion and microsoft notices---HELP PLEASE in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can someone simplify this for me. I am working on several laptops from home. I dutifully set up a 4 digit pin several months back for windows sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by shaytala, Mar 2, 2020.

1. shaytala Win User

Tired of log in confusion and microsoft notices---HELP PLEASE

Can someone simplify this for me. I am working on several laptops from home. I dutifully set up a 4 digit pin several months back for windows sign in. Just plain tired of having to continually sign in and found out how to remove that AND DID so on 2 computers. But last computer says it doesn't recognize my password so I can't delete the pin on that computer----which is the only pin I used on any of the computers. I keep getting notices on the screen that pop up when I log in saying there's a problem with my microsoft account.

I'm on a new computer, Windows 10, and even though I've gone in a stated I want Google Chrome as my choice, Edge keeps coming up.

I don't want any pin or password for sign in on MY computers. I want to set my preferences and have Microsoft / Windows leave me alone re pushing their stuff on me.

What should I do to resolve this?

Thanks.

:)

shaytala, Mar 2, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 2, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Tired of log in confusion and microsoft notices---HELP PLEASE

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Tired of log in confusion and microsoft notices---HELP PLEASE

1. Tired of log in confusion and microsoft notices---HELP PLEASE - Similar Threads - Tired log confusion

2. Confusion with megabits and megabytes (Please help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confusion with megabits and megabytes (Please help): My family recently upgraded to virgin media internet and this has been an on going debate. I’m trying to prove my dad wrong about the fact that he thinks we are getting 200megabytes instead of megabits . I’ve shown him multiple sources about how ookla speedtest and virgin...
  3. Help I'm so tired of this

Help I'm so tired of this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jojodapope [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcgmq0/help_im_so_tired_of_this/
  4. Microsoft Notices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Notices: I am running the 2004 version of Windows 10, OS build 1904.388. Ever since Windows upgraded to the 2004 version, when I first turn on my computer after it boots up, I get a notification that there is a problem with my Microsoft account. When I go to the settings and click on...
  5. windows 10 2004 update confusion.. please help

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 2004 update confusion.. please help: i found it odd that windows update is NOT even telling me " The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Were offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isnt quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, youll see the update available on this page [Windows...
  6. windows 10 2004 update confusion.. please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 2004 update confusion.. please help: i found it odd that windows update is NOT even telling me " The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Were offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isnt quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, youll see the update available on this page [Windows...
  7. I'm confused - please help

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm confused - please help: I noticed an entry in task manager start up showing as follows - TwDsUiLaunch. Having researched this a little, I find three conflicting assessments of this entry. 1 - Nothing to get exited about 2 - this is a malicious nasty 3 - Its an entry via Brother printer software...
  8. Please help!!! I can’t log in :(

Please help!!! I can’t log in :(: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ryan-rudg3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dlnf2p/please_help_i_cant_log_in/
  9. Getting tired of seeing sidebyside error event ID 33. Help please.

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting tired of seeing sidebyside error event ID 33. Help please.: Okay so it seems that some other days I get this error and I don't know why, feels like I have gotten this since the Anniversary update 1607. So help is appreciated unless its one of those don't bother with it files? Sent log file as a .txt 77727
  10. Help please can't log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Help please can't log in: I think I messed up. So I don't have access to the screen where you put your password. Its just a blue screen and I can't click or write anything. I don't know what I did when I tried to changed the background color for an image, I think I delete something or downloaded a...