Windows 10: Tired of updates that break things

Discus and support Tired of updates that break things in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I know I am not the only one with issues surrounding windows 10 updates. I am venting my frustrations here -- hoping that whoever at Microsoft will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeborahAnderson6, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Tired of updates that break things

I know I am not the only one with issues surrounding windows 10 updates. I am venting my frustrations here -- hoping that whoever at Microsoft will listen to ONE more voice.

I came to my office today -- after a windows 10 update to the latest platform and now I have lost 1.5 hours trying to fix things I use for work. I am losing productivity because of the updates and it is extremely frustrating. I can't get around them, can't hand it off to someone else. I am a sole proprietor who relies solely on technology to do her work -- and can't work when things are broken.

PLEASE test things before you send updates to us to install. My software requires the updates. I have to install them as they are brought out. It seems like your review and QC department is lacking. This makes me want to switch to apple -- and forget windows altogether like a bad nightmare. Please, I implore you -- hear the community who is tired of having to fix things that are broken by your negligence to run tests and know what will happen if you do A, B, or C. There MUST be a better way.

Sincerely,

A very frustrated Windows 10 user

:)

DeborahAnderson6, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Mouse left click - Stop breaking things!!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:Run Hardware and device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: And also try to update the touchpad and Mouse drivers from the manufacturer web site and check if it helps.

Refer the link below and check if it helps.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Step 3:I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter MS-settings: and then press
      OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select
      Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 9, 2019
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Tired of updates that break things

Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Tired of updates that break things

1. Tired of updates that break things - Similar Threads - Tired updates break

2. I am tired of windows updates breaking my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am tired of windows updates breaking my PC: Windows updates have broken my internet and graphics settings to an unrepairable state now 5 times.Its not only personally, but it affects my clients I recommend windows pc's to as well.My computer was $4,000 and I deserve better when there is litterally no other option for...
  3. I am tired of windows updates breaking my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am tired of windows updates breaking my PC: Windows updates have broken my internet and graphics settings to an unrepairable state now 5 times.Its not only personally, but it affects my clients I recommend windows pc's to as well.My computer was $4,000 and I deserve better when there is litterally no other option for...
  4. Tired of this ****

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tired of this ****: I have used Windows 1 and wasn't surprised that Windows 10/11 is a steaming turd of a OS. I need to disable the primary/master password I mistakenly enabled. But, no matter how i ask I never get the answer. It is the password I now have to enter everytime I want to use a...
  5. Tired of this ****

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tired of this ****: I have used Windows 1 and wasn't surprised that Windows 10/11 is a steaming turd of a OS. I need to disable the primary/master password I mistakenly enabled. But, no matter how i ask I never get the answer. It is the password I now have to enter everytime I want to use a...
  6. Is CHKDSK breaking things again?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is CHKDSK breaking things again?: I seem to have a bit of a mystery on my hands. Last week I ran CHKDSK /r to check the drive after a couple of power outages. Other than cleaning up security descriptors, everything checked out. However, the Meet Now icon had disappeared from the notification area. The option...
  7. Tired of Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tired of Windows 10 updates: I am tired of Windows 10 updates. I cannot reinstall Windows 10 every week and lose all the data I have. I don't know what will happen the next time I start my PC. I am tired!...
  8. List of things that break the Windows Hypervisor?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    List of things that break the Windows Hypervisor?: Is somebody maintaining a list of things that stop Windows from booting when the Windows Hypervisor is installed ? Beyond the obvious "CPU does not have virtualization, or the BIOS doesn't have the virtualization instructions turned on". Which afaik tends to keep Windows...
  9. Why is the Windows 10 April update breaking things?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is the Windows 10 April update breaking things?: Dead Microsoft, why the hell are you pushing out an update that does not allow the user to cancel it and screwes up the audio driver after installation. + changes settings to my account i have set up they was i wanted before. + of course a new shortcut to Microsoft Edge...
  10. Breaking things

in Windows 10 Support
    Breaking things: It seems that every windows update fixes some things and breaks others. When is MS going to get this right. One particular thing now broken on my two desktop machines since the December update is the monitor on both machines wont turn off after a minute from locking the...