Windows 10: Tired of white bar making applications not work in Windows 10

Discus and support Tired of white bar making applications not work in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Tired of white bar in full screen making applications not work in Windows 10 This problem is constantly is occurring. I see numerous tech support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CBKennedy, Sep 19, 2020.

1. CBKennedy Win User

Tired of white bar making applications not work in Windows 10

Tired of white bar in full screen making applications not work in Windows 10

This problem is constantly is occurring. I see numerous tech support posts on this exact same issue going back for a couple years, and the solution is always a reset/reboot/driver/screen issue/reset display/etc.

I'm using a Microsoft Surface Laptop - if Windows on a Microsoft machine has issues that requires me to go to all these steps, it is too much of a hassle. I'm tired of going through these steps to fix it. Rendering the screen shouldn't be a 2020 issue.

See the screenshot below. I took a snip -> The "Fullscreen" application, *anything, any browser* has a white bar appearing at the top. The user cannot interact with that white bar. I can move the screen with the windows+arrows to temporarily eliminate the problem, but as soon as it is full screen it reappears and blocks functionality. I'm tired of having to constantly fix this issue. I want a permanent fix. How is this so challenging?!? It completely derails my workflow.

I can fix this by:
    1 Reboot

2 Reset display settings change resolution and set back

3 Probably more techniques from seeing other posts.

My windows is up to date I just had another Windows Update last night.

The problem is I'm tired of these "fixes" as they are temporary and when I'm going through a workflow, grading students assignments or working on code or a project with multiple screens and I have to stop, save everything, close everything down, make sure my browser tabs are bookmarked, and reboot or screw w/ display settings and then re-align my windows and hope nothing breaks.

Tired of white bar making applications not work in Windows 10 4ac01af0-c3ae-499f-816c-09dcac99e25d?upload=true.png

:)

CBKennedy, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Cursus Win User

Start Bar not working after update install in Windows 10

Hi, tried as you suggest. It starts and says Checking application registration... and the green progress bar just goes on and on (let it run for over two hours) and never gets to the next step. Any other suggestions?

Cursus, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Small white bar on right side of screen

Hi Bardan,

We'd be glad to provide assistance. To better narrow this down and deliver you accurate solutions, please answer
    the following questions:

• Is the white bar present regardless of what program you are using on your computer?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the
      white bar?
      Please edit the image if any personal information may be exposed.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

This issue could also be related to
    damaged screen. We suggest that you contact your manufacturer to have your computer checked for hardware issues.

Regards.

Roan T, Sep 19, 2020
  4. PloKoon Win User

Making the taskbar Edge icon white

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to make a video tutorial. A lot of steps to change the icon color but worth it to me.

If I heard you correctly, this will reset every time Edge updates?

PloKoon, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Tired of white bar making applications not work in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Tired white bar

2. White bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White bar: Can anyone help?I've been getting a white bar at the top of my screen recently and can't quite figure out how to get rid of it.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-bar/57bf546f-b203-442f-b42e-c5be667466ef
  3. White bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White bar: Can anyone help?I've been getting a white bar at the top of my screen recently and can't quite figure out how to get rid of it.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-bar/57bf546f-b203-442f-b42e-c5be667466ef
  4. Windows 10 white task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 white task bar: Hi,I want to make my windows task bar white, but i don't know how to do it. I got used to it.Can any one help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-white-task-bar/003210e4-3eb1-4493-8d84-945c85e1240b
  5. Windows 10 white task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 white task bar: Hi,I want to make my windows task bar white, but i don't know how to do it. I got used to it.Can any one help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-white-task-bar/003210e4-3eb1-4493-8d84-945c85e1240b
  6. Windows 10 white task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Tired of Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tired of Windows 10 updates: I am tired of Windows 10 updates. I cannot reinstall Windows 10 every week and lose all the data I have. I don't know what will happen the next time I start my PC. I am tired!...
  8. Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows: Hi, Several users in my organization (Windows 10, updated to latest 1809 version, on recent Dell computers) have the following issue: when maximizing a window (Chrome, Slack, Adobe Acrobat, etc.), they see a large white band at the top, sometimes at the bottom, of the...
  9. Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode: I don't know why nobody is talking about it, but the title bars (of everything except the explorer) remain white even with dark mode on. It looks ugly. I don't want to use black accents....
  10. Windows 10 White Search Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 White Search Bar: On the bottom left of my screen, there is a white search bar that appears after the last update. How do I get rid of this? The bar has become extremely annoying to me....