Windows 10: Tired of Windows 10 abusing my internet connection

Discus and support Tired of Windows 10 abusing my internet connection in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am having serious troubles with Windows 10, because no matter what I do, the OS keeps abusing my internet connection. This issue is most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dennis Preatto, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Tired of Windows 10 abusing my internet connection

Hello,

I am having serious troubles with Windows 10, because no matter what I do, the OS keeps abusing my internet connection. This issue is most annoying especially during online gaming, when my ping goes from 70ms to 400ms just because Windows 10 decides that it has to download something.

Checking in the Task Manager, I can see that there are a couple processes that, even if I DO NOT want to, are (ab)using my internet connection, like:

- Delivery optimization

I don't want to use this feature, I disabled it in the settings and nevertheless Windows doesn't care, that (for me) useless process is still running from time to time, not using a small part of the bandwidht as it should be, but using the whole bandwidth. This has to be addressed. I don't want this process to run, I don't care for updates.

-Background Intelligence Transfer Service

Also this process likes to completely saturate my bandwidth, especially when I need the internet. It is an intelligent process indeed, it always understand when the worst time to download has come and it does it. Again, not using a small part of the bandwidth but totally abusing it and making my connection unusable.

-Microsoft Outlook Communication

Even this process sometimes tries to download or upload using the whole bandwidth it can, ruining my surfing experience. I do not have an outlook account, I do not use the mail app, I use gmail which is far better, and I do not want this process to use my internet.

Now the question is, is there any way to prevent Windows 10 from using the internet to do his stuff while I am using the internet to do my stuff? I can't disable those processes from the service tab since I haven't the permissions to do so, I might try to delete the executable files to see if it works that way.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Have a lovely day.

:)

Dennis Preatto, Sep 3, 2019

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 3, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Tired of Windows 10 abusing my internet connection

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Did you run the Windows 10 connection troubleshooter?

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Also, check in the "Device Manager" to see if the network adapter is ok.
    You may need to un-install it and then "Scan for new devices".

This is published by HP; however, it gives some good info on troubleshooting with the device manager.
    HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)

95Viper, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Tired of Windows 10 abusing my internet connection

1. Tired of Windows 10 abusing my internet connection - Similar Threads - Tired abusing internet

2. Abuse my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Abuse my laptop: Hi, have problem and its crime. someone made a few accounts on my laptop and locked it. o have no access to my laptop now.Can you unlock my account, i have houndreds of pictures on it. Same laptop always was connected to same internet adrese. Please help meI Will tell you a...
  3. Abuse my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Abuse my laptop: Hi, have problem and its crime. someone made a few accounts on my laptop and locked it. o have no access to my laptop now.Can you unlock my account, i have houndreds of pictures on it. Same laptop always was connected to same internet adrese. Please help meI Will tell you a...
  4. Abuse my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Network Data Abuse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Network Data Abuse: Windows 10 has been using ridiculous amounts of data over the last few months. Using 10+ GBs per day without me doing anything to provoke it.I followed the instructions at Windows 10 high system data usage - Microsoft Community but Windows has still been using 10+ GB per day...
  6. Windows 10 Network Data Abuse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Network Data Abuse: Windows 10 has been using ridiculous amounts of data over the last few months. Using 10+ GBs per day without me doing anything to provoke it.I followed the instructions at Windows 10 high system data usage - Microsoft Community but Windows has still been using 10+ GB per day...
  7. Windows 10 Network Data Abuse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Tired of this ****

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tired of this ****: I have used Windows 1 and wasn't surprised that Windows 10/11 is a steaming turd of a OS. I need to disable the primary/master password I mistakenly enabled. But, no matter how i ask I never get the answer. It is the password I now have to enter everytime I want to use a...
  9. Tired of Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tired of Windows 10 updates: I am tired of Windows 10 updates. I cannot reinstall Windows 10 every week and lose all the data I have. I don't know what will happen the next time I start my PC. I am tired!...
  10. abuse

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    abuse: what can i do when i have been a victim of online I was fired today for going to my boss because I was being harassed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/abuse/e613b788-ff61-458b-8898-724212fa2aa2