Windows 10: Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1

Discus and support Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I ordered these games for Xbox one. I had toyed with downloading through the store but baulked when I saw they would be 50 gig approx each downloads.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1

I ordered these games for Xbox one. I had toyed with downloading through the store but baulked when I saw they would be 50 gig approx each downloads. So I've ordered physical copies through Amazon instead. I'm pretty unfamiliar with Xbox and wondered what will happen when I install them. Will they install fully and then hit me with mega huge patch downloads? Should I of just downloaded them fully in the first place - I think the install sizes of games are pretty ridiculous these days but these games have got such rave reviews i decided to go for them. But I am concerned about spending a whole evening downloading and monopolising the family's internet

:)

Scottyboy99, Nov 16, 2016
  2. Brian310 Win User

5.1 surround only works in movies, not games

Weird issue here. I have my PC - HDMI - receiver - TV. Surround works fine in encoded formats like DD in movies (Netflix app). Games that support surround (Titanfall 2, Battlefield) will only output stereo, instead of multi-channel.

I swear this all worked fine in win7. I have triple checked drivers. 5.1 can be selected in the sound settings. My reciever is comparable with PCM (Denon avr-x3100).

What am I doing wrong here?

Brian310, Nov 16, 2016
  3. RJH808 Win User
    Audio Crackling/Popping. Input/Visual/Lag

This seems to be a larger and possibly cascading issue. Working on my nephews computer, I first noticed it on Titanfall 2. Then it started happening in Battlefield 1, now a few days later it is happening in almost all of the games. Youtube and netflix seem
    to be unaffected. Here is just a small list of the steps I tried doing today.

Issue:

Severe audio crackling and popping leading to visual and control lag in most video games tried since last Windows 10 update.

Severity:

All affected games are mostly unplayable.

Games affected:

Titanfall 2

Battlefield 1

Heroes of The Storm

World of Warcraft

Overwatch

Note:

So far, no Steam games seem to be affected. Also, Titanfall 2 was playing PERFECTLY before late Thurs night/Fri Morning.

System Specs:

Alienware x51 (Custom-Upgraded)

i5

16gb

750Ti Nvidia

*Please note; We use the HDMI sound from the 750 Ti.

Date problem became noticeable: ~11/19/16

List of attempted solves.:

Switching from HDMI sound to on-board Reltek sound card = No change

Uninstalling/reinstalling Nvida Drivers = No change

Rolling back to formerly known good Nvidia drivers = No change

Uninstalling/reinstalling Window driver package = No change

Updating Bios = No change

Trying various BIOS switches (speed step, etc.) = No change

Changing input/output audio (trying dif. cables and speakers) = No change

Disabling Nvidia "Shadowplay" and all tertiary programs = No change

Manually updating all graphic and audio drivers = No change

In short, I have done everything I can do up to reformatting, which I would be willing to do if I thought it would help. I will probably do this at some point within the next couple of days.

When I started googling the issue with "Past month" filter on, the results were/are astounding. This does indeed seem to be a wide spread issue and the usual fixes are having no effect. Try it for yourself. Google/Bing search "Audio crackling in X" were
    X is the name of the game. Make sure the results in past "month" filter are on, in some cases you can use past "week" and still get a large number.

Basically this is an FYI post to let you know that if you have this issue and have tried everything, you are not going crazy. Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 :)

RJH808, Nov 16, 2016
  4. Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1

It most cases when it comes to modern games there will be some downloading and patching no matter what. Especially for games that have multi-player components. I can't say for sure if it will take you a full evening or not, though.

EricFarmer7x, Nov 16, 2016
  5. Xbox install takes forever. The best way with physical discs is to install offline, then go online to update the patches and updates. Worked pretty fast for me

stealth2920, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1

1. Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 - Similar Threads - Titanfall Battlefield

2. i suddenly get CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT WHEN PLAYING Battlefield 2024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i suddenly get CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT WHEN PLAYING Battlefield 2024: i suddenly get CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT WHEN PLAYING Battlefield 2024The problem started when i got a new graphic card RX 7700 XTCan someone please analyze my minidump files?Thank you very much!!031524-7484-01.dmp...
  3. i suddenly get CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT WHEN PLAYING Battlefield 2024

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i suddenly get CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT WHEN PLAYING Battlefield 2024: i suddenly get CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT WHEN PLAYING Battlefield 2024The problem started when i got a new graphic card RX 7700 XTCan someone please analyze my minidump files?Thank you very much!!031524-7484-01.dmp...
  4. Battlefield 5 crashing after launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefield 5 crashing after launch: Hi, Help please- I'm out of answers for this persistent issue. Upon trying to launch Battlefield 5 on my PC through the EA app, it goes to the loading screen, then to a black screen with the logo, then back to windows. The menu music plays during this time as it usually...
  5. Battlefield 5 crashing after launch

Battlefield 5 crashing after launch: Hi, Help please- I'm out of answers for this persistent issue. Upon trying to launch Battlefield 5 on my PC through the EA app, it goes to the loading screen, then to a black screen with the logo, then back to windows. The menu music plays during this time as it usually...
  6. So as far as i tried,i did everything possible to fix 'Titanfall 2 Steam Game' has been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So as far as i tried,i did everything possible to fix 'Titanfall 2 Steam Game' has been...: Though it still won't work. i run it as admin,change security,firewalls,disable DEP,regedit for CLSID and AppID permission changes,DISM and SFC and a lot more and now i am losing my mind of how it's still blocked.I really need some help because this feels like agony....
  7. So as far as i tried,i did everything possible to fix 'Titanfall 2 Steam Game' has been...

So as far as i tried,i did everything possible to fix 'Titanfall 2 Steam Game' has been...: Though it still won't work. i run it as admin,change security,firewalls,disable DEP,regedit for CLSID and AppID permission changes,DISM and SFC and a lot more and now i am losing my mind of how it's still blocked.I really need some help because this feels like agony....
  8. how to fix Titanfall 2 Core/Activation64.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix Titanfall 2 Core/Activation64.dll: i download Titanfall 2 on steam and it wont start can some one help me??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-titanfall-2-coreactivation64dll/55ec7e7b-806f-4437-bfc8-98f11224e859
  9. how to fix Titanfall 2 Core/Activation64.dll

how to fix Titanfall 2 Core/Activation64.dll: i download Titanfall 2 on steam and it wont start can some one help me??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-titanfall-2-coreactivation64dll/55ec7e7b-806f-4437-bfc8-98f11224e859
  10. how to fix Titanfall 2 Core/Activation64.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware