Windows 10: title and task bar interference in games

Discus and support title and task bar interference in games in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently Ive become obsessed with playing the game Sea of Thieves, when one day, whenever I flicked my mouse up or down it would pull up the title bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GhostArcher, Nov 25, 2020.

1. title and task bar interference in games

Recently Ive become obsessed with playing the game Sea of Thieves, when one day, whenever I flicked my mouse up or down it would pull up the title bar or task bar respectively. this often caused my cursor to stop functioning for a brief amount of time in game, and often even caused me to close the game when i flick my mouse towards the top right and click my mouse, such as when fighting or aiming. I play on the Surface Book 3, and up until yesterday have had no problems with this issue. needless to say this has ruined more than a couple games for me. its a single monitor setup. the only thing I can think of that could have changed it somehow, is I was changing some bindings on my mouse. Ive looked everywhere and nothing seems to work, such as restarting the task bar and such. if someone could tell me how to fix this, it would be much appreciated.

:)

GhostArcher, Nov 25, 2020

2. Task and Title Bar Color

How do i prevent title and task bar color from changing to default gray color when running games on basic custom theme on Windows 7?

Anhad Singha, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Nov 25, 2020
  4. title and task bar interference in games

Allow UWP apps to disable task bar and title bar popups when in full-screen mode.

Hi,

This probably requires a combination solution from both Windows and the WinRT team. I posted elsewhere, but it was closed ...

https://developercommunity.visualst...apps-to-lock-task-bar-and-title-bar-popu.html

The issue with app & desktop popups is that it shouldn't happen when an app/game is in windowed fullscreen mode because it interferes with edge detection, which is a commonly used technique in games - for example: Starcraft uses the screen edge to scroll
    the camera - and is also a common incidental occurrence, unrelated to intention.

UWP applications as they currently behave could never have a game like Starcraft. That's a huge problem for the platform. And beyond games that use edge detection, having the task bar or title bar popup in games is generally unacceptable. I've seen Minecraft
    and Astroneer both suffering popups that are not requested. You're making an assumption that just because the mouse is at the top or bottom of the screen, that we want the bars to popup. That is not the case, it often just happens that that's where the mouse
    ends up as we move it around. Alt-Tab is already available for switching to desktop if I need it. And games are always closable in software.

Another issue comes from this bad behavior. When the title bar and task bar popup they initiate a HDR <-> SDR switch causing flickering or even the entire video and audio feed dropping out as the color mode switches.

Gavin.Williams, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

title and task bar interference in games

1. title and task bar interference in games - Similar Threads - title task bar

2. Title bar showing up in wrong language in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Title bar showing up in wrong language in Task Manager: As shown in this image, my system language is in French, everything shows up in French but the title bar shows up in English.Why is it happening and how can I fix it ?...
  3. The task bar preview don't show titles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The task bar preview don't show titles: Not only was the feature to "Never combine" instances of the same app in the task bar removed, but to make it even harder to work, also the title seems to have been removed?Is there a setting to get it to show? It is definitely showing on my work laptop and it is super hard...
  4. The task bar preview don't show titles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The task bar preview don't show titles: Not only was the feature to "Never combine" instances of the same app in the task bar removed, but to make it even harder to work, also the title seems to have been removed?Is there a setting to get it to show? It is definitely showing on my work laptop and it is super hard...
  5. Game bar not showing game titles in status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar not showing game titles in status: When I start a game that is not a gamepass one, the game bar does not show the title in the status, but the games, if i check in the "general" options, are correctly recognized . The privacy options are fine, the only problem is that the title of the games is not displayed in...
  6. Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors: V 2004 (OS 1941.508) Good morning there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar, Start Menu colors and also the Active Title Bar and Inactive title Bar colors that works, please? I have searched and tried numerous ways to set my Taskbar and Start Menu to one color and the Activated...
  7. Title bar and taskbar showing up in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and taskbar showing up in games: Today I installed Enter the Gungeon and Sea of Thieves because of xbox play anywhere. I have the same problem in both games where if I bring my mouse to the top of the screen it shows the title bar and if I drag it to the bottom of the screen it brings up the taskbar. Is...
  8. Title bar and task bar color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  9. Windows 10 re-sizing task bar and title bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 re-sizing task bar and title bar: Hi. I am new to this site. First question: Today for some unknown reason my display sizing went crazy. I managed to re-size the general font but the task bar and the title bar remain extremely small. How do I fix this? 140621
  10. Title Bar Hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title Bar Hidden: Windows 10 -- something strange happened to my home/start screen. I was able to restore app icons, start menu, etc. But now, when I open any program or app, the title bar is hidden. If I move the mouse all the way to the top of the screen, I can get the "red X" for closing...