Windows 10: Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast

Discus and support Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have High Contrast enabled in Win10. The active title bar and borders are purple while the inactive title bar and border is dark blue. Can this be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Starker, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Starker Win User

Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast

I have High Contrast enabled in Win10. The active title bar and borders are purple while the inactive title bar and border is dark blue. Can this be changed?

:)

Starker, Aug 14, 2018

2. Explorer title bar text color too bright grey

To change the title bar colors in Windows 10, you can use the built-in colors by changing the High Contrast Settings without editing the registry.

Here are the steps:

• Click Start, and then click Settings.
    • Click Ease of Access, and then click High contrast.
    • Choose a theme. You can also change the colors for the Text, Hyperlinks, Disabled Text, Selected Text, Button Text and Background on this option.
    • Click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Why are active and inactive title bars and borders the same color?

That won't really help. In Windows 10 RTM, the title bar colors are locked to white for default themes. You can use High Contrast Themes to colorize them. The third party theme trick that does this is really broken and makes me unhappy.

The Insider beta 10525 build brings colorized title bars back via an option in Settings :: Personalization :: Colors.

zachd [MSFT], Aug 14, 2018
  4. Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast

How do I modify the title bar color in High Contrast theme?

I used to be able to get all the windows black in high contrast mode, but after updating to v1709 I am not able to anymore, and the title bar remains a glaring blue color. How do I modify the title bar color in High Contrast theme?

Before v1709:

Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast [​IMG]

After v1709:

Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast 0bf3b4f7-755d-451b-9fe1-977fe5f59db5.jpg

Thanks for any advice.

TomatoSanta, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast

1. Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast - Similar Threads - Title Bar Border

2. Show accent color on title bars and windows borders is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show accent color on title bars and windows borders is not working: I am using Windows 11. I'd like my title bars to not be gray so I can more easily see them. It would make it much easier for me to see the windows to click and move them if they were a color. I followed the instructions on the Microsoft help page Change colors in Windows -...
  3. Show accent color on title bars and windows borders is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show accent color on title bars and windows borders is not working: I am using Windows 11. I'd like my title bars to not be gray so I can more easily see them. It would make it much easier for me to see the windows to click and move them if they were a color. I followed the instructions on the Microsoft help page Change colors in Windows -...
  4. High contrast colors appearing when high contrast mode is off

in Windows 10 Customization
    High contrast colors appearing when high contrast mode is off: High contrast colors keep appearing in file explorer and many other windows apps, but things like taskbar and edge don't have these colors. High contrast mode is off. Sometimes when I reboot it disappears, but not always. It's really annoying and it seems to only happen on my...
  5. File Explorer border missing - Go to Settings, Color, Title bars and window borders

File Explorer border missing - Go to Settings, Color, Title bars and window borders: File Explorer border missing - To fix... Go to Settings, Color, Title bars and window borders, check mark the box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-border-missing-go-to-settings-color/991a3586-c03c-4eab-bf5c-928ff0838c01
  6. Is there a way to enable window border color without the title bars?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to enable window border color without the title bars?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DeadCatGuppy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ft0c4n/is_there_a_way_to_enable_window_border_color/
  7. Title bar and task bar color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  8. How change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color the contrast mode

How change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color the contrast mode: How to change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color in Windows 10 when under the contrast mode ? 101339
  9. Colored Windows Title Bars

Colored Windows Title Bars: No Colored Windows Title Bars. I had this problem with my other computer. That computer had myriad of problems including the white title bar problem. To fix it I, (on the advise of someone on this forum), download a file. That fixed the problem. For all the...
  10. Change IE11 In Windows 10 Border/Title Bar Color

in Browsers and Email
    Change IE11 In Windows 10 Border/Title Bar Color: Hi Everyone, I performed a search in this forum for a method to change the border/title bar from white to a different color..at least for me, the white color is WAY to bright..and it is very distracting. Doing a search about it elsewhere on the web..didn't help, in fact most...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change window title bar color HIGH contrast windows 10

2. change high contrast title bar color

3. change titlebar of high contrast in windows

4. remove borders in high contrast mode