Windows 10: Title bar and border- translucency and style in current builds

Discus and support Title bar and border- translucency and style in current builds in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sometimes people ask about translucent titlebars and borders. Ive just discovered Stardocks Curtains, which came out in 2020. This changes the title... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dalchina, Apr 12, 2021.

1. dalchina Win User

Title bar and border- translucency and style in current builds

Sometimes people ask about translucent titlebars and borders. Ive just discovered Stardocks Curtains, which came out in 2020.

This changes the title bar, buttons and border for most windows. Theres a reasonable range of ready-made ones available, with more downloadable and on sites like Wincustomize.
    Here it is with one of many available skin options, one which has reasonable button design, slightly rounded corners, and a degree of transparency. The transparency is both an option and slightly adjustable by changing the saturation of the colour chosen. Both a range of colours and the full colour picker is available for the title bar and border.

Title bar and border- translucency and style in current builds [​IMG]

Heres Groove:

Aeroglass vs Curtains
    Not everyones happy with the simple square frames and lack of transparency that comes as standard. Ive been using Aeroglass, which functions not as a skin but with existing Windows features. Unfortunately its not been updated for well over a year a new version is needed at least for each major Windows Build, and was last compatible with a particular build of 1903 and I believe of 1909, so had to look for a change.
    Curtains notes
    Resource use, it runs a service and a process, taking around 1Mb of RAM.

Price: For US customers its $10.99, but 9.99 in the UK, which makes it more expensive here. To get the US price, use a US proxy using a browser without the sites cookie set. 30 day trial.

Inactive vs active: Unfortunately it seems theres no difference in the title bar colour, but the buttons and text in the inactive window are dimmer.
    Works well with Firefox and Thunderbird, not applicable to Chrome. Ok with old Edge, not tried Edge Chromium.
    Unlike the more comprehensive WindowBlinds, Curtains does not allow the scrollbar to be modified, which some would like.

Border Width
    Winaeros free tweaker includes a convenient option for setting the border padding and width.

Options:

:)

dalchina, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Starker Win User

Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast

I have High Contrast enabled in Win10. The active title bar and borders are purple while the inactive title bar and border is dark blue. Can this be changed?

Starker, Apr 12, 2021
  3. DJC
    djc Win User
    Title Bar wont change

Understand that default Title Bar in Windows 10 is white, However when I click on themes (which shows various title
    bar/window borders colors (or Shades) my Title Bar stays completely white. Can anyone understand my questions & have any suggestions?

4. Edwin Win User

Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast

Yes...

Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

Edwin, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Title bar and border- translucency and style in current builds - Similar Threads - Title bar border

2. translucent hue around border of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    translucent hue around border of screen: Hello, I have a problem with my Microsoft surface Pro Windows 11. I left my laptop out charging for a couple of hours and then when I came back to it, I noticed there was a whitish border around my screen and I quickly removed the charger as it was 100%. I'm not sure what...
  3. translucent hue around border of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    translucent hue around border of screen: Hello, I have a problem with my Microsoft surface Pro Windows 11. I left my laptop out charging for a couple of hours and then when I came back to it, I noticed there was a whitish border around my screen and I quickly removed the charger as it was 100%. I'm not sure what...
  4. Is there no way to have no 1px border but have coloured title bars?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there no way to have no 1px border but have coloured title bars?: I hate this about Windows at the moment. Why do I have to choose between having an ugly 1px grey border around windows or an ugly white title bar on unselected windows when everything else is dark mode. It looks terrible. I don't see why they aren't separate options in...
  5. File Explorer border missing - Go to Settings, Color, Title bars and window borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer border missing - Go to Settings, Color, Title bars and window borders: File Explorer border missing - To fix... Go to Settings, Color, Title bars and window borders, check mark the box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-border-missing-go-to-settings-color/991a3586-c03c-4eab-bf5c-928ff0838c01
  6. Title bar style

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar style: Hi, I would know if it's possible to change title bar style on Windows 10, as it was for Windows 7 and formers... In particular it would be great having an XP/Seven theme! Thanks! submitted by /u/adamantinum [link] [comments]...
  7. Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?

Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?: Is there a way of changing the colour of ONLY the title bars OR the window borders? In the latest update, they seem to have changed it so that both are changed together I usually have it blue but having this colour obscures the options to the top left and having it white...
  8. Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast

Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast: I have High Contrast enabled in Win10. The active title bar and borders are purple while the inactive title bar and border is dark blue. Can this be changed? 115988
  9. Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars

Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars: Hi, I've been using the Aerolite theme as soon as I discovered it, as I couldn't stand white windows overlaying white windows. So I didn't know MS has added narrow borders and coloured title bars. So if you've been using that theme- well, it seems it's not needed now. And...
  10. Change IE11 In Windows 10 Border/Title Bar Color

in Browsers and Email
    Change IE11 In Windows 10 Border/Title Bar Color: Hi Everyone, I performed a search in this forum for a method to change the border/title bar from white to a different color..at least for me, the white color is WAY to bright..and it is very distracting. Doing a search about it elsewhere on the web..didn't help, in fact most...