Windows 10: Title bar clearing and glitching as a result of microphone accessible apps

Discus and support Title bar clearing and glitching as a result of microphone accessible apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, only today I have had an issue where whenever an app or website with microphone access is opened, my title bar glitches and clears and my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamuelBush1, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Title bar clearing and glitching as a result of microphone accessible apps

Hi guys, only today I have had an issue where whenever an app or website with microphone access is opened, my title bar glitches and clears and my pc lags out until I close the app. This even occurs when opening windows sound settings I have done the following in an attempt to resolve this issue:

-Reset PC

-Update windows

-Check sound settings and open trouble shooter

-Unplug microphone

-I tried a different microphone as well

I had temporarily received a system 32 incompatibility error, but I do not recall what it had said specifically. This issue has not happened in the last six months of owning this pc

:)

SamuelBush1, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Game Bar is not showing the microphone recording option

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following details to help you further:

• Were you able to use the Microphone option earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

To access the Microphone you will need to change the permissions which app can access the Microphone. To do that, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Privacy.
    3. Click on Microphone.
    4. Toggle the switch to on for Allow apps to access the Microphone.
    5. Scroll down and toggle the switch to on for
      Xbox
      and Xbox Game Bar.
    6. Now, press Windows key + G, to open
      Game Bar.

For more information on troubleshooting Game Bar, please refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 19, 2021
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Hao99 Win User

Title bar clearing and glitching as a result of microphone accessible apps

Microphone not working with Xbox game bar

My son is trying to record his playing on roblox using Xbox game bar. He is using a laptop on windows 10.

It was working fine a few days ago. Now he is having problems with the microphone. When he brings up the xbox game bar, (windows G), the menu says that the microphone is not working because of privacy settings.

When I go to the privacy settings for microphone, I gave permission to use the microphone for all the listed apps. But xbox game bar is not one of the listed apps. I also tried "reset" on the xbox game bar which did not help.

How can I give permission to the xbox game bar to access the microphone?

Microphone itself is working. I can use it on Cortana.

Thanks

HW

Hao99, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Title bar clearing and glitching as a result of microphone accessible apps

1. Title bar clearing and glitching as a result of microphone accessible apps - Similar Threads - Title bar clearing

2. Title bar style

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar style: Hi, I would know if it's possible to change title bar style on Windows 10, as it was for Windows 7 and formers... In particular it would be great having an XP/Seven theme! Thanks! submitted by /u/adamantinum [link] [comments]...
  3. microphone access by app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microphone access by app: Can't figure out if Amazon is hacking my laptop microphone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-access-by-app/b0a09cef-3fde-43be-9325-31106b63cd41"
  4. Settings App title bar color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  5. Settings App title bar color

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  6. Wrong title bar color in universal apps

Wrong title bar color in universal apps: I have a strange problem with the title bar colors in universal apps. It started to appear immediately after I reset my laptop with wiping Drive C. In other apps, like explorer and Chrome, everything is fine. I've reset my laptop one again to solve this problem, but nothing...
  7. Title Bar Hidden

Title Bar Hidden: Windows 10 -- something strange happened to my home/start screen. I was able to restore app icons, start menu, etc. But now, when I open any program or app, the title bar is hidden. If I move the mouse all the way to the top of the screen, I can get the "red X" for closing...
  8. Title Bar Colours

Title Bar Colours: Hi everyone. After the latest update Microsoft have finally allowed different coloured title bars, however, inactive (out of focus) windows now automatically revert to a white title bar colour. I've been searching everywhere and found no way of changing this. Adjusting the...
  9. Title Bar not centered

Title Bar not centered: Hi All I just upgraded to Windows 10 the other day and I have noticed that all my title bars seem to be left aligned rather then center for the title bar at the top of browsers and explorer and such. I also redid my system before upgrading so unsure if this is a Firefox...
  10. Title bars not showing in modern apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Title bars not showing in modern apps?: This just started happening a day or two ago, but prior I could fullsize a modern app and if I wanted to resize/close it I would just drag my mouse to the top of the screen and the title bar would slide down, but now it's not doing that. Anyone know how to fix that? 17378