Windows 10: Title bar colors all of a sudden started appearing? Can't remove. :(

Discus and support Title bar colors all of a sudden started appearing? Can't remove. :( in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, This is going to sound silly but it's driving me crazy. Ever since upgrading to windows 10 I've had a custom color taskbar and White... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Easy301, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Easy301 Win User

Title bar colors all of a sudden started appearing? Can't remove. :(

Hi everyone,

This is going to sound silly but it's driving me crazy. Ever since upgrading to windows 10 I've had a custom color taskbar and White windows title bars. All of a sudden out of nowhere today they have turned blue.

Can someone please help me remove them? I'm actually a pretty advanced computer user but can't
    seem to figure this one out. It's driving me crazy though.

Here is that they look like:

Title bar colors all of a sudden started appearing? Can't remove. :( [​IMG]

Window title bars used to be just white, every window that's now in focus has that dumb blue color, the only way I've found so far to turn it back to white it to also turn my taskbar color off. It was not that way this morning though.

How do I fix this? It's driving me insane.

Thank you very much for your time.

:)

Easy301, Jun 5, 2016
  2. carolmso Win User

On Windows 10 how do I change the Active window border color?

Well, several re-starts after no updates remained, the title bars were still white. Ran winver, it said all was the same as the computer that has colored title bars. Looked in the color picker, "title bar" was in the description.

So, turned out the solution was easy (but should have been automatic...): turned the "show color" toggle off and then back on. Voila, color on the title bars!

Thanks!

C

carolmso, Jun 5, 2016
  3. marianh Win User
    Change titlebar color

Can I have different color for title bar, different color for taskbar, etc?

Or if I choose accent color, it changes title bar, task bar and start menu according the chosen color?

For example: I want my title bars to be yellow, but task bar should remain black.

Is it possible?

marianh, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Easy301 Win User

Going to mark this solved and share the answer for that one person who's going to end up googling this issue in the middle of the night in four years to find the issue was solved but OP never left an answer. Title bar colors all of a sudden started appearing? Can't remove. :( :p

Run Regedit

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

Change "ColorPrevalence DWORD" to 0 for off and 1 for on.

This will allow you to have a colored taskbar without having a colored titled bars around windows.

Easy301, Jun 5, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    You don't need to edit the registry, Theres a setting in the settings app to disable accent colors.

Go to Settings
    Click on Personalisation
    Click on Colors
    Untick automatically show color on start, task bar and title bar.

That should turn it white again.

swarfega, Jun 5, 2016
  6. Easy301 Win User
    HI!

Unfortunately selecting that option turns off the color for the taskbar as well. While this removes the title bar color and sets it back to white it also removes the color for the taskbar.

I don't know why, or even how, but I've always had a custom task bar color of blue with no colored title bars. The issue of the title bars appearing as my custom color only just started this morning with no changes to personalization or colors made. The only way I found to keep the colors on my taskbar only while bringing my title bar colors back to white was the registry edit above.

Thanks!

Easy301, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Title bar colors all of a sudden started appearing? Can't remove. :( - Similar Threads - Title bar colors

2. Is it possible to remove the buttons that appear in the title bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to remove the buttons that appear in the title bar?: Is it possible to remove the buttons that appear in the title bar in Windows 10 on certain files? Such as zip or exe. They are very annoying and the functions they offer are either useless or easily obtainable with another method. Picture is attached, with arrows showing the...
  3. remove title bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    remove title bar: [ATTACH] Hi, I'm using atom and I already have a title bar so I wanted to remove the windows one. I tried autohotkey but the result wasn't great and I didn't find anything on google so I wanted to know if one you knew how to hide it. Thanks, have a great day !...
  4. Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors: V 2004 (OS 1941.508) Good morning there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar, Start Menu colors and also the Active Title Bar and Inactive title Bar colors that works, please? I have searched and tried numerous ways to set my Taskbar and Start Menu to one color and the Activated...
  5. Settings App title bar color

Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  6. Settings App title bar color

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  7. Title bar and task bar color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  8. title bar color, windows 10

title bar color, windows 10: Is there any possibility to make active window title bar color exactly the same as the accent color, not darker? I am using "automatically pick an accent color from the background" on and dark mode. I would like brighter colors on active window title bar. Thank you....
  9. show color on title bar

show color on title bar: In build 14905 and the latest, 14915, the title bars are black and you can't colorize them. 62261
  10. Colored Windows Title Bars

Colored Windows Title Bars: No Colored Windows Title Bars. I had this problem with my other computer. That computer had myriad of problems including the white title bar problem. To fix it I, (on the advise of someone on this forum), download a file. That fixed the problem. For all the...