Windows 10: Title Bar Colours

Discus and support Title Bar Colours in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Win7 I had title bars that were graded from one colour to another along the length. They started red at the left and gradually merged to be blue at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoeBean, Apr 12, 2021.

1. JoeBean Win User

Title Bar Colours

In Win7 I had title bars that were graded from one colour to another along the length. They started red at the left and gradually merged to be blue at the right.

How do I do this in Win10?

:)

JoeBean, Apr 12, 2021
  2. wolfie69 Win User

Title Bar colour change.

Jmarco0921 Sorry...My mistake, it's the "TITLE BAR" that I want to colour, not the Task Bar. There is no
    option in Settings by which I can colour in the Title Bar. All the answers I have found to colour the Title Bar are either very confusing, or haven't worked.

Yours,

wolfie69, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Title Bar Colours

In the Windows Registry, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM
    in the right pane , create a new DWORD (32-bit Value) and name it AccentColorInactive
    either copy the color from 'AccentColor' or enter your desired color in hexadecimal format.
    Close the Windows Registry, interact with any new open window to see the immediate effects.

Title Bar Colours [​IMG]

(If you have windows with borders, such as with 'AeroLite' Theme, the borders will dim, text may dim and buttons will loose their color and opacity but the title bar color itself will remain undimmed.)

Edwin, Apr 12, 2021
  4. korky Win User

Title Bar Colours

Title Bar Colours

Hi everyone.

After the latest update Microsoft have finally allowed different coloured title bars, however, inactive (out of focus) windows now automatically revert to a white title bar colour. I've been searching everywhere and found no way of changing this. Adjusting the registry values under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Colors seem to have no impact on the inactive window colours.

Anyone got any ideas?

korky, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Title Bar Colours

1. Title Bar Colours - Similar Threads - Title Bar Colours

2. Change colour of File Explorer title bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change colour of File Explorer title bar?: I can change the colour of the start menu, taskbar, and program title bars as well as Internet Explorer title bar. However, the File Explorer bar remains grey. I have attached a screenshot to show my settings and results of the selections I chose. Custom - Dark - Light - Show...
  3. Change colour of File Explorer title bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change colour of File Explorer title bar?: I can change the colour of the start menu, taskbar, and program title bars as well as Internet Explorer title bar. However, the File Explorer bar remains grey. I have attached a screenshot to show my settings and results of the selections I chose. Custom - Dark - Light - Show...
  4. How do I change the colour of the title bar in this application

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the colour of the title bar in this application: Hello there! This Messenger app is actually just a shortcut or a chrome app you can say that I have created for my convineance but it looks ugly. I've tried going to Settings>Personalization>Colours and checking the Title bars and windows borders options uder show the accent...
  5. searching for a tool to change title bar and boarder colours

searching for a tool to change title bar and boarder colours: i used to have a customization tool that allowed me to change in depth colours like the title bar that worked with high contrast mode but i just cant remember the name of it. in fact i dont even remember if it was a 3rd party tool i downloaded or a setting i changed in...
  6. Is there no way to have no 1px border but have coloured title bars?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there no way to have no 1px border but have coloured title bars?: I hate this about Windows at the moment. Why do I have to choose between having an ugly 1px grey border around windows or an ugly white title bar on unselected windows when everything else is dark mode. It looks terrible. I don't see why they aren't separate options in...
  7. Title Bar Text / Buttons Colour Mismatch

Title Bar Text / Buttons Colour Mismatch: With certain accent colours (typically ones that are picked automatically based on the desktop background), I get the following problem in title bars: [img] Seems to only affect windows which have those buttons in the top-left corner. On programs without this, such as...
  8. Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?

Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?: Is there a way of changing the colour of ONLY the title bars OR the window borders? In the latest update, they seem to have changed it so that both are changed together I usually have it blue but having this colour obscures the options to the top left and having it white...
  9. Title Bar Colours

Title Bar Colours: Hi everyone. After the latest update Microsoft have finally allowed different coloured title bars, however, inactive (out of focus) windows now automatically revert to a white title bar colour. I've been searching everywhere and found no way of changing this. Adjusting the...
  10. Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature: Hi, Does anyone know how can I remove these transparent borders from the 'Notification' and 'Search' boxes? Before the latest Windows 10 build I used a method in order to put some colour on the title bars which was this one: EDIT: Aerolite Theme - Install in Windows...