Windows 10: Title bar items reversed - buttons on the left side

Discus and support Title bar items reversed - buttons on the left side in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, the title bar in one of my Windows 10 apps (namely Twitter) is apparently reversed - the buttons are on the left and the app menu button is on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Драгутин Митровић, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Title bar items reversed - buttons on the left side

Hi,

the title bar in one of my Windows 10 apps (namely Twitter) is apparently reversed - the buttons are on the left and the app menu button is on the right. What can I do?

Picture uploaded. Title bar items reversed - buttons on the left side dc8a66d9-6719-4358-9829-72bcb9d71515?upload=true.jpg

:)

Драгутин Митровић, Sep 19, 2018
  2. DJC
    djc Win User

Title Bar wont change

Understand that default Title Bar in Windows 10 is white, However when I click on themes (which shows various title
    bar/window borders colors (or Shades) my Title Bar stays completely white. Can anyone understand my questions & have any suggestions?

3. dalchina Win User
    Modify Title of Context Menu Item

This is curiously difficult. No one utility seems to offer a complete list of context menu entries as far as I know.

For example, using Shellmenuview, you can access the relevant entry in Regedit. For some it appears to offer the ability to change that text:

Title bar items reversed - buttons on the left side [​IMG]

That's an installed program.

For others, it doesn't.

(That's a default Windows program....).

Note too the text appears in multiple places where the program is associated with multiple extensions.

The venerable ContextMenuEdit allows you to edit the text, but again, this is non-trivial- consider here the extension list supported by vlc player, undifferentiated in the left column:

To be consistent, each one would have to be edited- then if you changed player, all that would be lost.

Basically this, I suggest, is not worth pursuing except in very specific cases should there be a real need.

Considering the impact of upgrading, changes to installed program context menu entries should not be affected. Changes to Windows default entries- if that's even feasible, which I doubt, as I believe the text isn't in the registry, would be restored to default.

dalchina, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Title bar items reversed - buttons on the left side

TPU review scroll bar

I was wondering if there was any specific reason the buttons to scroll down the list of reviews was stuck in the bottom left-hand corner? Whenever I want to read reviews, I always have to move my cursor and aim it at a small arrow that scrolls the reviews... I'd suggest that instead of making the arrows small and in a corner, it would be better placed to the sides of the review bar.

Something like this (yes, I know it's crappy but it took 5min to make):

Title bar items reversed - buttons on the left side tpu.png

anticlutch, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Title bar items reversed - buttons on the left side

1. Title bar items reversed - buttons on the left side - Similar Threads - Title bar items

2. task bar left side of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar left side of screen: Why did MS take away the feature to move the task bar to the sides of the screen. I have been using a surface with a wide screen since the surface 2. I always put the task bar on the side of the screen. Now we cannot do this. Very disappointed....
  3. task bar left side of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar left side of screen: Why did MS take away the feature to move the task bar to the sides of the screen. I have been using a surface with a wide screen since the surface 2. I always put the task bar on the side of the screen. Now we cannot do this. Very disappointed....
  4. Reversing the Side Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reversing the Side Task Bar: I recently started using the side task bar rather than the bottom one. I was wondering if it was possible to flip the task bar so the the Windows Start was still in the Bottom Left of the screen. It seems like a better spot for it rather than in the top corner....
  5. Mouse left click switched to side button

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse left click switched to side button: Whenever I'm not signed into Windows my left click function is assigned to the top side button. This is the case on the log in screen and advanced setup but once I sign in the mouse functions as normal. How can I fix this so that left click stays the same? And could the...
  6. Title Bar Text / Buttons Colour Mismatch

Title Bar Text / Buttons Colour Mismatch: With certain accent colours (typically ones that are picked automatically based on the desktop background), I get the following problem in title bars: [img] Seems to only affect windows which have those buttons in the top-left corner. On programs without this, such as...
  7. How can I move the title bar buttons to the right side?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I move the title bar buttons to the right side?: It's currently on my left side and I don't know how to fix it. Please help, thanks submitted by /u/ransiri304 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbdhaa/how_can_i_move_the_title_bar_buttons_to_the_right/
  8. Title bar buttons as on MacOS

Title bar buttons as on MacOS: Hello Microsoft Community! I have a small question - is it even possible (through system properties or registry) to revert (mirror) title bar default appearance? I've tried LeftSider before, but it'd returned me title bar buttons on the left side with bug - title of app...
  9. Start button and task bar can not left click to open items

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button and task bar can not left click to open items: Hi Have a weird issue I have experienced in the past. First this was all working fine earlier no issues then all of a sudden I tried to open my weather channel app which I had been pulling up fine all day just stopped where it would open and then close immediately. I...
  10. Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?: ....referring to the huge blank space Microsoft has provided on the left side of the start menu below the "most used" programs and above the folders selected in the Personalization/Start settings. Is this not customizable? Or has anyone figured out a workaround for this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. left side title bar buttons windows 10