Windows 10: Title bar text gone

Discus and support Title bar text gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently messed around with theming Windows using uxtheme, but ultimately I was unhappy with the results so I reverted everything back. Since then,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vaindil, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Vaindil Win User

Title bar text gone

I recently messed around with theming Windows using uxtheme, but ultimately I was unhappy with the results so I reverted everything back. Since then, however, I have no text in the title bar of any programs. The title bar is bright white on every app, and I tried out a dark theme so it's possible the text is there but white. Specifically, I tried Nocturnal W10 and After Dark CC. Some of the themes link to additional programs to change various aspects of Windows, and I tried to go through all of them but I can't find an option. Everything else on the system is back to normal except the title text.

How can I revert this correctly so my title text comes back?

:)

Vaindil, Jun 3, 2016

2. Changes to Text size gettings restored after reboot

Old title: Text size issue

I have tried to increase the text size (Win10) for all aspects of Windows (task bar, icon, message area, etc.) and after reboot, the settings are gone and I have to redo, log out, and log in and the settings only stay while I'm logged on. Have tried another
    account, changing dpi, and still the settings won't remain - gone upon reboot.

Anyone else have this problem with Win10?

sabrina33541, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Merkurial Win User
    How to change the title bar to white so that the name of the program I'm on isn't visible anymore?

Hi, as you said, I want to hide the title bar of all programs on Windows 10 so whichever methods works I'm ok with. That means either changing the title bar to white so that the title is hidden (since the text is white so there is no contrast) or change
    the colour of the text to the same colour as my title bar so that again there is no contrast and is not readable.

Kind regards

Andrei

Merkurial, Jun 3, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Title bar text gone

You can try running "Old/New Explorer" one more time to set defaults.

Title bar text gone [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 4, 2016
  5. Vaindil Win User
    That unfortunately did not fix the problem, the text still doesn't appear.

Vaindil, Jun 8, 2016
  6. Bongo Win User
    The first theme you link to had a "AutoHotKey script to remove titlebars" did you disable this script?

Jerry

Bongo, Jun 8, 2016
  7. Vaindil Win User
    I didn't use the AHK scripts in the first place. I tried running them anyway and it completely removed the title bar (I couldn't close windows because the buttons were gone). No dice.

Vaindil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Title bar text gone

1. Title bar text gone - Similar Threads - Title bar text

2. Text too large in Title bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text too large in Title bar: Name of Process and Software is appearing too large in Windows Title bar , mostly appear after waking PC from Sleep.Host OS - Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-too-large-in-title-bar/48d1ec36-4a9e-4427-b30b-44bb4ad2af37
  3. Very tiny text in title bar

Very tiny text in title bar: Hi, I have problem with font size in the title bar. Does someone know how to fix it? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-tiny-text-in-title-bar/9c9708c5-1ff5-4fa7-830d-80c073f3b6f1
  4. Title Bar Text / Buttons Colour Mismatch

Title Bar Text / Buttons Colour Mismatch: With certain accent colours (typically ones that are picked automatically based on the desktop background), I get the following problem in title bars: [img] Seems to only affect windows which have those buttons in the top-left corner. On programs without this, such as...
  5. Title bar text not showing

Title bar text not showing: Hello, just a small problem but i didn't find a way to fix it: I don't have any "text" in my title bar anymore and i don't know what i've made to get this problem. It as been like this since at least 2 week. If i could get some help it would be nice. : [ATTACH]...
  6. No text in IE 11 Windows Title Bar

in Browsers and Email
    No text in IE 11 Windows Title Bar: No text in IE 11 Window Title Bar. Clue: I find that if I hoover over e icon on the Taskbar the Title Bar Text shows up in the small preview of the IE Window. Don Cole 74978
  7. Title Bar Text & Icon

Title Bar Text & Icon: Is there some way I can hide or remove the title bar text and icon? I am running windows 10 (10586). I have included a screenshot of the offending item.. 52185
  8. Black title bars and white text

Black title bars and white text: Windows 10 has been out long enough...has anyone figured a way to have black (or dark) title bars with white text without using uxtheme patcher? 18881
  9. Title Bar Text Gets Highlighted

in Windows 10 Support
    Title Bar Text Gets Highlighted: I don't know how or why this annoying problem started but every title bar of Apps which I am using gets highlighted, like this: [img] I don't remember to have put any customization on top of vanilla Windows 10. The problem is better described by this: [img] As...
  10. Text on windows title bar doesn't show

in Windows 10 Support
    Text on windows title bar doesn't show: First, sorry for my English, it's not my first language. After tweaking to change theme for Windows 10 (including patching using UxStyle), I've just realize I can't see text on window title bar. It usually displays file path such as, C:\Windows\system32\somefile.txt which...