Windows 10: [Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected

Discus and support [Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, Almost every App I have acquired via the Microsoft Store is returning the following error when I try to run it: [Title] can’t open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavWaldron, Jun 16, 2020.

1. [Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected

Hello all,

Almost every App I have acquired via the Microsoft Store is returning the following error when I try to run it: [Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected.

Mostly, these are games from within the XBox Beta App I have an Ultimate Games Pass But it also applies to apps acquired from the Store eg Minecraft and EnPass Password Manager. I have tried reinstalling things via the Store and the Xbox apps with no success. The only thing that does seem to work correctly is the Whatsapp Desktop app. The XBox Beta App, as well as the Game Bar, seem to run. I'm currently downloading a "new" game through the Xbox Beta app now to see if I get anywhere.

I've tried reinstalling both the games and the XBox Beta app as well as the XBox Game Bar itself on the suggestion of other discussions relating to this topic I've searched for on the web, but I'm not having any luck. The machine is online, there is plenty of storage and up until now, everything's been great.

Thanks for your help,

Dav

:)

DavWaldron, Jun 16, 2020

2. How to Install Forza MotorSports Apex 6 Offline

Hi,

For us to have a better overview of your concern, kindly clarify the following details:

• What is the exact error message?
    • What storage device did you use to download the game?
    • What type of user account are you using? (e.g. Microsoft account, local account)
    We suggest enabling offline play on your device before installing the game. Refer to

Play games offline on Windows using Offline mode
    for the steps.

Check out
    Forza Motorsport 6: Apex on Windows 10 FAQ
    for more details.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Catherine Cus., Jun 16, 2020
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jun 16, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

[Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected

Window's Default Photo Program Cant Open My Images Anymore.. Help!!!

Suggest you link your other thread to this. Best not to raise 2 separate threads on the same PC - the problems could have an underlying cause.

phantom app on my app list called - Windows 10 Forums
    may give you a clue

Try searching for your error message, which I've captured for you using a free screen OCR program:
    ms-resource:AppFriendIyName can't open because it cannot be found. The storage device might
    be missing or disconnected.

dalchina, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

[Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected

1. [Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected - Similar Threads - Title can’t open

2. *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...: I've gone through https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/fix-problems-with-apps-from-microsoft-store-93ed0bcf-9c12-3df6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac to attempt to resolve the issue but still running into the same problem. When I tried to "get" the game i run into error...
  3. *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...: I've gone through https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/fix-problems-with-apps-from-microsoft-store-93ed0bcf-9c12-3df6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac to attempt to resolve the issue but still running into the same problem. When I tried to "get" the game i run into error...
  4. This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.: Hello,I have an issue with Starfield, but not only this one also others.But lets start from the beginning. About 2 months ago I've bought 2TB nVME SSD disk drive. Installed it in m.2 port on my motherboard and lived on. Moved few games from Xbox Game Pass to this new storage...
  5. This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.: Hello,I have an issue with Starfield, but not only this one also others.But lets start from the beginning. About 2 months ago I've bought 2TB nVME SSD disk drive. Installed it in m.2 port on my motherboard and lived on. Moved few games from Xbox Game Pass to this new storage...
  6. XBox Game Passe Games not on C: "can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    XBox Game Passe Games not on C: "can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might...: Hello!I have been having the issue of "[GAME] can't open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected". This specifically seems to be happening since I have my games installed on D:, which is an HDD, instead of C: which is an SSD. I have followed...
  7. DiRT Rally 2.0 Windows can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DiRT Rally 2.0 Windows can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be...: Hello, recently i bought DIRT Rally 2.0 game and the first time i started the game it opened just fine, but i couldnt play the game because it had connection issues so i restarted my computer. After the restart the game started giving this error "DiRT Rally 2.0 Windows...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator can’t open because it cannot be found. The storage device might...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator can’t open because it cannot be found. The storage device might...: This is the error I get when I start from the start menu. In the store under "Installed" when I click on Launch nothing happens. Timeline before this: I downloaded the game to C: it worked fine. Moved the app to D: - it worked fine. Both C & D are on the same internal M.2....
  9. Apps can’t open storage missing or disconnected

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps can’t open storage missing or disconnected: I have windows installed to a Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVME SSD C:, while all of my documents and media are on a Sabrent 1TB NVME SSD G:. I have all of my windows apps and programs on a Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD H:. I have another Samsung 860 Evo 2TB SATA SSD E: that is...
  10. App can’t open (storage missing or disconnected)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App can’t open (storage missing or disconnected): I recently got a free trial of Xbox game pass. I have windows installed to a Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVME SSD (C:), while all of my documents and media are on a Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD (H:). All of my windows store apps and programs are also installed to the H: drive. I have...