Windows 10: TiWorker.exe is intentionally hiding itself from being seen.

Discus and support TiWorker.exe is intentionally hiding itself from being seen. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I knew TiWorker.exe is associated with Windows Updates, but I wonder if there is a trojan disguised as TiWorker.exe. I noticed sometimes my Task... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 活鱼, Jul 31, 2019.

1. 活鱼 Win User

TiWorker.exe is intentionally hiding itself from being seen.

I knew TiWorker.exe is associated with Windows Updates, but I wonder if there is a trojan disguised as TiWorker.exe.

I noticed sometimes my Task Manager would being shutted without me closing it, after reopen it, TiWorker flashes past and disappear from Task Manager. After a little investigation, I found that everytime Task Manager shuts suddenly, I would see TiWorker just for a second after reopen it, TiWorker won't show up if I have Task Manager on but it would force shutdown Task Manager when it runs. It appears TiWorker is tring to run every few minutes, So the conclusion is, TiWorker —— or the trojan that's pretending it —— is intentionally hiding itself from being seen and being traced.

It always occupy around 30 - 40% CPU usage, and never stops, despite the countless restart attempts I tried.

I took this screenshot by setting Task Managers' refresh speed to "pause", so I could see what's up with my PC immediately after the moment the program was run and TiWorker will not be able to disappear without trace. However when I tried virtually any operation on it, including open the location of the thing, it just doesn't work.

TiWorker.exe is intentionally hiding itself from being seen. 93448aaa-c0e4-43c1-bf9f-e2f8c08e41ff?upload=true.png

Another thing is, TiWorker doesn't pop up whatsoever when my computer is offline, it is only in effect when I'm connected with Internet. This along with the high CPU usage, raises concern about if it was mining my CPU when I was not paying attention.

No virus found in anti-virus software

My whole weekend was haunted by this, please, any one give an explanation. Is it malware, why is this thing's deeds so deceitful, or why does this thing even exist.

My greatest appreciations.

:)

活鱼, Jul 31, 2019

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 31, 2019
  3. ConiGL Win User
    ConiGL, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

1. TiWorker.exe is intentionally hiding itself from being seen. - Similar Threads - TiWorker exe intentionally

2. External drives not being seen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drives not being seen: A bit of a weird one. I started noticing that my Western Digital drive wasn't being seen by my PC. Thought it could be the USB port or cable as a Freecom external drive was working ok. Then a friends WD external drive wasn't being seen at all. The other week I plugged in a...
  3. External drives not being seen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drives not being seen: A bit of a weird one. I started noticing that my Western Digital drive wasn't being seen by my PC. Thought it could be the USB port or cable as a Freecom external drive was working ok. Then a friends WD external drive wasn't being seen at all. The other week I plugged in a...
  4. External drives not being seen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WHY does Microsoft intentionally hide game updates the microsoft store from suscribed &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY does Microsoft intentionally hide game updates the microsoft store from suscribed &...: If I give a specific example, then this thread degrades to Push This, Click that go into esoteric mode and it "works"; tha is not good CodingThe point of this thread is WHY must Users have to fight Microsoft, just to get an 'update' of apps already paid for and currently in...
  6. WHY does Microsoft intentionally hide game updates the microsoft store from suscribed &...

WHY does Microsoft intentionally hide game updates the microsoft store from suscribed &...: If I give a specific example, then this thread degrades to Push This, Click that go into esoteric mode and it "works"; tha is not good CodingThe point of this thread is WHY must Users have to fight Microsoft, just to get an 'update' of apps already paid for and currently in...
  7. TiWorker.exe is intentionally hiding itself from being seen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TiWorker.exe is intentionally hiding itself from being seen.: I am having this same problem and there are already two threads exist already....
  8. TiWorker.exe is intentionally hiding itself from being seen.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TiWorker.exe is intentionally hiding itself from being seen.: I knew TiWorker.exe is associated with Windows Updates, but I wonder if there is a trojan disguised as TiWorker.exe. I noticed sometimes my Task Manager would be shut without me closing it, after reopening it, TiWorker flashes past and disappear from Task Manager. After a...
  9. AMD Card not being seen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Card not being seen: Hi, I have just installed an AMD 5700 XT card however windows is not detecting it and only is only seeing the basic GPU on the motherboard. I am not sure if I need to change the bios settings or is there a way for windows to detect it so that I can load up the driver as...
  10. .app to be seen as .exe.....help!

.app to be seen as .exe.....help!: hey guys, i need help with something.... i need to make netflix.app to be seen as netflix.exe is this possible..im creating a media center and when its.app it opens in the backgound and not over the media center maximized..... any help! is their a alias or something that...