Windows 10: TiWorker.exe process using a high CPU with strange behavior

Discus and support TiWorker.exe process using a high CPU with strange behavior in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For a few weeks, I noticed my computer's performance was dropping. I used a third-party process monitor and found that there is one process called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Myura_, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Myura_ Win User

TiWorker.exe process using a high CPU with strange behavior

For a few weeks, I noticed my computer's performance was dropping. I used a third-party process monitor and found that there is one process called TiWorker.exe which is using 40% -60% CPU usage. I stopped the process but after a few minutes it started running again.

Before that, I had read several articles which said that TiWorker.exe is part of Windows Update and not a virus. But what happened to my computer was:
    - When I opened the Task Manager, TiWorker disappeared.
    - When I monitor Task Manager, the Task Manager suddenly closes by itself and I can see TiWorker running again from another monitor app.
    - When I finally got to see TiWorker in Task Manager for a while, I tried to check the file location but there was no response.

I'm trying to figure out what triggers this process by enabling audit process tracing. This is what I got:

TiWorker.exe process using a high CPU with strange behavior c5a95da6-6644-4d9c-afe9-2f26917bcb81?upload=true.jpg

So what happened? Is this a virus?
    Can I disable or even delete this?

Thank you.

:)

Myura_, Apr 5, 2021
  2. ConiGL Win User
    ConiGL, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Rob29ster Win User
    Fix high CPU usage by TiWorker.exe process in Windows 10

Hi Nick

This is very true but what happens is if TiWorker doesn't have enough space to download it's update it will keep trying. So yes High CPU usage would be normal if it finished it's update and stopped. What happens is it keeps trying if there is not enough
    space to finish the download it cleans it self up and then tries again.

What I'm finding each month is that if you don't do a system clean up and remove temp files and old windows update files TiWorker will continue to cause high CPU usage.

Try it yourself and see if while you are deleting windows update files if in task manager you don't see TiWorker climb to the top of list.

Thanks

Rob F

Rob29ster, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

1. TiWorker.exe process using a high CPU with strange behavior - Similar Threads - TiWorker exe process

2. Tiworker using high cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tiworker using high cpu: My problem started around 3 days ago when gaming my fps dropped to under 100fps and with a high-end PC this shouldn't happen. I checked task manager and "tiworker.exe' was using 50%-80% cpu but it closes in 5 seconds of me opening task manager, I've tried all the youtube...
  3. Tiworker using high cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tiworker using high cpu: My problem started around 3 days ago when gaming my fps dropped to under 100fps and with a high-end PC this shouldn't happen. I checked task manager and "tiworker.exe' was using 50%-80% cpu but it closes in 5 seconds of me opening task manager, I've tried all the youtube...
  4. Tiworker using high cpu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  6. HD Audio Background process (RAVBg64.exe) using High CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    HD Audio Background process (RAVBg64.exe) using High CPU in Windows 10: [ATTACH]By default, background apps shouldn’t consume a lot of resources. They often run unnoticed […] This article HD Audio Background process (RAVBg64.exe) using High CPU in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Very hot laptop and strange CPU behavior

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very hot laptop and strange CPU behavior: Hello, I have an asus laptop that uses the Intel Core i7 4750HQ CPU never had any problems. -I recently had a problem with the HD and decided to install a new SSD with a new Windows installation and install the old HDD simultaneously using a caddy. -A few days later I...
  8. Strange CPU up-time behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange CPU up-time behavior: I have an Acer W10 laptop computer, with the latest updates This is very strange. If I go into Task Manager, Performance Tab, it will show my CPU time. Say it says 2 hours and I power down via the Windows icon/Power. If I power down for an hour, then reboot and check CPU...
  9. CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?: Hi, I found my CPU being used to 50% by rundll32.exe invagent,RunUpdate -noappraiser QwarAFRPWUiri4M6.4 which from Win 7/8 reports appears to be sthg to do with the Customer Experience Improvement Program. Process Explorer seemed no help on this, and I've been running...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...