Windows 10: TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 soon to be disabled by default in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 soon to be disabled by default in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As announced in October of 2018, Microsoft will soon disable Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1 by default in Microsoft browsers. In light of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 soon to be disabled by default in Microsoft Edge

Source: Plan for change: TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 soon to be disabled by default - Microsoft Edge Blog

:)

Brink, Mar 31, 2020
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge TLS Security

I run Webmin on my local LAN.
    Firefox opens and runs this without any problem.
    When I try Webmin to open with Microsoft Edge I get the fommowing error:

Can’t connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Your TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults, which could also be causing this error.

Can anyone help me find a setting where I can set, as suggested in the error message, the TLS security settings to the defaults?

aliskander, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Callender, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 soon to be disabled by default in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - TLS TLS soon

2. Microsoft is disabling TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 soon in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is disabling TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 soon in Windows: Microsoft plans to disable the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol versions 1.0 and 1.1 in Windows. The company made the announcement on its Tech Community website on August 1, 2023. The two protocols in question date back to 1999 (TLS 1.0) and 2006 (TLS 1.1) and have...
  3. Disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for RDP: Hello,Does anyone know if it is possible to disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for RDP?Regards,Ekta https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-tls-10-and-tls-11-for-rdp/5a4304ec-44b0-48c7-8fa6-96d077e8f104
  4. Disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for RDP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for RDP: Hello,Does anyone know if it is possible to disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for RDP?Regards,Ekta https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-tls-10-and-tls-11-for-rdp/5a4304ec-44b0-48c7-8fa6-96d077e8f104
  5. Disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. TLS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TLS: Running WIN 10 and VIASAT Browser- Continually get messages with suggestions as to what the problem is when trying to connect to the internet. However, there are no instructions on how to change TLS to default setting....
  7. Microsoft 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft 1: I bought this laptop a few months ago, I am finally ready to start my work on it and I cant remember if I am in Windows 8 or 10. Does it matter and how can I find out which one I have without having to go back to best buy? Please, if someone knows, can you help me?...
  8. Microsoft Edge TLS Security

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security: I run Webmin on my local LAN. Firefox opens and runs this without any problem. When I try Webmin to open with Microsoft Edge I get the fommowing error: Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If...
  9. Disable 1 Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable 1 Setting: Hi everyone *Smile I just got the Anniversary update! Found that a new item added to the Settings: Settings > Privacy > General > Let apps on my other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device I just wanna find this item's registry key in order to be...
  10. Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge & IE11

in Windows 10 News
    Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge & IE11: Microsoft Security Advisory 4010323 Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 Published: May 9, 2017 Version: 1.0 Executive Summary Beginning May 9, 2017, Microsoft released updates to Microsoft Edge and Internet...