Windows 10: TLS 1.3 Internet security protocol was approved

Discus and support TLS 1.3 Internet security protocol was approved in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The long-simmering battle over the future of the internet’s most important security protocol is over: TLS 1.3 was approved by the Internet Engineering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

TLS 1.3 Internet security protocol was approved

Read more: TLS 1.3 approved: The internets most important security protocol is finally moving forward - CyberScoop

Official announcement: https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/we.../msg17592.html

Brink, Mar 26, 2018
  2. EdTittel Win User

Here's a nice blog from CloudFlare on the subject of TLS 1.3: Introducing TLS 1.3. It will be interesting to see how quickly TLS 1.3 gets enabled on the many websites out there on the Internet. Thanks for sharing this, Brink!
    --Ed--

:)

EdTittel, Mar 26, 2018
  3. E72 Unable to Connect to My University Wireless

Security on the "WSU Wireless" SSID Encryption Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2/WPA) provides for encryption of the wireless traffic using either Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) or the more robust Advanced Encryption Standard protocol (AES). Authentication
    Secure client authentication is provided by the Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP). PEAP establishes an encrypted connection
    using Transport Level Security (TLS) between the client and a Radius server. Authentication is performed over the encrypted connection via Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP-MSCHAPv2).

Since they mentioned TLS in the description, shall I interpret it as TLS privacy in the EAP plugin settings should be always set to "On"?

AlCoR---01, Mar 26, 2018
  4. TLS 1.3 Internet security protocol was approved

New approach private streaming with security

Hello all,

I would like to post an idea about private streaming protocol with encrypted access similar with

the one from the email IMAP with TLS.

When connecting the user should provide user name and password.

Afterwards select the stream source user wants like a view of messages on an IMAP client.

So that the private Internet radios could provide payed access with HIGH quality audio streams, for example AAC 256 kbps.

more security adds:

-IP detection

-key based on hardware

-the stream could be encrypted with a FAST Bitlocker technology which does not overload the server

-many could be added for HIGH improved security

-add supported protocol UDP

-TLS, AES ...

-add support to see all STREAMS with the CODEC being used and kbps used

-add a small API, SDK support to be able to interact with a database or web

-add ISAP = Internet Streaming Access Protocol

George Nistor

Georg Nistor Deutschland, Mar 26, 2018
Thema:

TLS 1.3 Internet security protocol was approved

1. TLS 1.3 Internet security protocol was approved - Similar Threads - TLS Internet security

2. When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...: Hello,When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for setting up an encrypted channel of communication between a client and server disabled?We still need TLS 1.1, so when it will be disabled? By a Microsoft patch? And how could we...
  3. When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...: Hello,When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for setting up an encrypted channel of communication between a client and server disabled?We still need TLS 1.1, so when it will be disabled? By a Microsoft patch? And how could we...
  4. TLS Security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TLS Security: Hello, Just today I found that I am unable to load most web pages in MS Edge or even Chrome. Message says my TLS security is preventing access which is because my wpad.home devise is not set up to accept connections on the port World Wide Web Service HTTP. This has only...
  5. TLS security configuration error: cannot connect to the Internet

TLS security configuration error: cannot connect to the Internet: I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro (version 1903). I have problems connecting to the Internet through my web browsers. Regardless of which one you use, they fail to connect to almost all websites. I receive the same or similar messages: Microsoft Edge: You cannot connect...
  6. TLS security setting

TLS security setting: When I try to login to my Bank for online bill pay, I get the following error message: TLS security setting Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s...
  7. TLS security settings error - cannot connect to the Internet

TLS security settings error - cannot connect to the Internet: Hi - hope someone out there can help me with this: I have a laptop running Windows 10 Pro (Version 1803, OS build 17134.706). I'm having trouble connecting to the Internet via my web browsers. Regardless of which one I use, they fail when connecting to *almost* all...
  8. TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol: TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol Where are the issue for this? :) Whats wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/tls-virhe-error140770fcssl/6132051f-e67c-4843-ba84-3cbd641f525f
  9. TLS security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TLS security: just reset my computer completyl wipe clean window loaded new only thing on computer is windows newest versio keep getting TLS security issues on web sights how to fix...
  10. Missing Protocols & "Turn on TLS 1.0 ..."?

Missing Protocols & "Turn on TLS 1.0 ..."?: Forgive me but I'm on an incredibly flaky connection at the moment, so can't do a forum search... Did the "Missing Protocols" issue ever get sorted? I'm sometimes getting this error, and now a new one: "Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings ...",...