Windows 10: TLS security

Discus and support TLS security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; just reset my computer completyl wipe clean window loaded new only thing on computer is windows newest versio keep getting TLS security issues on web... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by James bbbb dog 102, Sep 8, 2018.

1. James bbbb dog 102 Win User

TLS security

just reset my computer completyl wipe clean window loaded new only thing on computer is windows newest versio keep getting TLS security issues on web sights how to fix

:)

James bbbb dog 102, Sep 8, 2018
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Jennifer Cha Win User
    TLS security setting

We appreciate your response and the confirmation. To troubleshoot, we suggest the following steps:

• In the Windows Search bar, type Internet Options.
    • Open the app and got to the Advanced tab.
    • In the Security section, scroll down and add a checkmark to the following:
      Use SSL 3.0

Use TLS 1.0

Use TLS 1.1

Use TLS 1.2
    • After adding a checkmark, click on Apply then OK
      to save changes.

Give us an update about how it went so we can provide additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 8, 2018
  4. tammy333bowers Win User

TLS security

TLS security setting

I have been trying to figure this out for days. I seen this info and I fixed it in 20 seconds!!! TY so much!!!! Tammy

tammy333bowers, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

TLS security

1. TLS security - Similar Threads - TLS security

2. TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol: TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol Where are the issue for this? :) Whats wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/tls-virhe-error140770fcssl/6132051f-e67c-4843-ba84-3cbd641f525f
  3. TLS problem with Windows 10 1803 17134.376

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TLS problem with Windows 10 1803 17134.376: Hello, I just made a fresh installation of Windows 10, but since i have the 17134.376 update i have a lot of TLS incidents, making impossible to connect to a HTTPS website. The following KBs have been installed : [01]: KB4100347 [02]: KB4230204 [03]: KB4457146 [04]:...
  4. how to change from TLS 1.1 to 1.2

how to change from TLS 1.1 to 1.2: Hi, i have .net application written in .net 4.0 and have win 2008 R2 server. need to change from TLS from 1.1 to 1.2. how can i change? do i need to change the .net framework to 4.5 to support TLS 1.2 or do i need to change anything on the win 2008R2 side? any help...
  5. Single Certificate for multiple client devices for an EAP-TLS system

Single Certificate for multiple client devices for an EAP-TLS system: Hello, I am designing a system to include multiple laptops connected to a Server via an EAP-TLS capable Access Point. So I want to configure the system for EAP-TLS WAP security. There are a couple of use cases in the requirements where having unique certificates in the...
  6. Microsoft to end support for TLS protocol for Edge and Internet Explorer in first half of 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to end support for TLS protocol for Edge and Internet Explorer in first half of 2020: Microsoft today in a blog post announced that it is going to end support for the Transport Layer Security or TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in supported versions of its Windows 10 browser Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11. The company announced that it will be ending support for TLS...
  7. TLS Security Question- Firefox,Edge and IE11

in Browsers and Email
    TLS Security Question- Firefox,Edge and IE11: O.K. Yesterday I ran a DISM restorehealth. When I went to reboot, I also had updates to install (that I hadn't noticed). Since then I have been unable to go to at least 2 sites due to a TLS security reason. I mean the browser(s) just flat out refuse to go there. No option to...
  8. Microsoft Edge TLS Security

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security: I run Webmin on my local LAN. Firefox opens and runs this without any problem. When I try Webmin to open with Microsoft Edge I get the fommowing error: Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If...
  9. TLS 1.3 Internet security protocol was approved

in Windows 10 News
    TLS 1.3 Internet security protocol was approved: The long-simmering battle over the future of the internet’s most important security protocol is over: TLS 1.3 was approved by the Internet Engineering Task Force after over four years of work and 28 draft versions of the standard. TLS — short for Transport Layer Security —...
  10. Building faster secure web w/ TCP Fast Open, TLS False Start, TLS 1.3

in Windows 10 News
    Building faster secure web w/ TCP Fast Open, TLS False Start, TLS 1.3: Performance and security matter to everyone. Better page load performance improves the user’s experience and influences their choice over which web pages to use. At the same time, users just expect their browsing experience to be secure and private. With TCP Fast Open, TLS...