Windows 10: TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

Discus and support TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol Where are the issue for this? :) Whats wrong?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ralle1957, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Ralle1957 Win User

TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

Where are the issue for this? TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol :)

Whats wrong?

:)

Ralle1957, Nov 12, 2018
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Nov 12, 2018
  3. TLS AND SSL

WOULD YOU KINDLY ADVISE ME IF THE FOLLOWING SHOULD BE ENABLED ON MY COMPUTER SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0 TLS 1.0 TLS 1.1 TLS 1.2.

moirabartle, Nov 12, 2018
  4. TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

TLS AND SSL

Hi Moira,

What do you currently have checked off in Internet Options? Everyone’s needs are different really. They are security protocols that allows your information to be encrypted to another site...

https://www.acunetix.com/blog/articles/tls-secu...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I currently installed an Win 10 1803 build, and by default TLS 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 are checked, and SSL 3.0 is off.

Let me know if this helps, and If you need more info!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol - Similar Threads - TLS virhe error

2. When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...: Hello,When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for setting up an encrypted channel of communication between a client and server disabled?We still need TLS 1.1, so when it will be disabled? By a Microsoft patch? And how could we...
  3. When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...: Hello,When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for setting up an encrypted channel of communication between a client and server disabled?We still need TLS 1.1, so when it will be disabled? By a Microsoft patch? And how could we...
  4. SSL Errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSL Errors: submitted by /u/RealProgrammerPlays [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnungy/ssl_errors/
  5. SSL/TLS channel

in Browsers and Email
    SSL/TLS channel: Since a few days I get the message ; " The request is cancelled , can not make a secured SSL/TLS channel " , when trying to update a program in Win10 , on IE11. Very strange , seen this message never before ! Any idea , would be very welcome .............*Smile 143944
  6. TLS Error on Websites that have passed SSL Lab and TLS settings are correct- WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    TLS Error on Websites that have passed SSL Lab and TLS settings are correct- WINDOWS 10: On Internet Explorer 11, I have set my GPO to only use 1.1 and 1.2. There are a couple sites I go to that I get TLS errors on. I go to SSL Labs site and the sites get an A saying that only 1.1 and 1.2 are being used. I've talked to the sites and they are using 1.1 and 1.2. By...
  7. SSL/TLS

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSL/TLS: I get an error that SSL/TLS is not setup. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssltls/5e109a29-7523-4251-b40d-60a342189920
  8. SSL/TLS White List

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SSL/TLS White List: i tried to open a program but this shows ?! [ATTACH] Details See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was...
  9. Missing Protocols & "Turn on TLS 1.0 ..."?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Protocols & "Turn on TLS 1.0 ..."?: Forgive me but I'm on an incredibly flaky connection at the moment, so can't do a forum search... Did the "Missing Protocols" issue ever get sorted? I'm sometimes getting this error, and now a new one: "Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings ...",...
  10. TLS 1.3 Internet security protocol was approved

in Windows 10 News
    TLS 1.3 Internet security protocol was approved: The long-simmering battle over the future of the internet’s most important security protocol is over: TLS 1.3 was approved by the Internet Engineering Task Force after over four years of work and 28 draft versions of the standard. TLS — short for Transport Layer Security —...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELL