Windows 10: Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

Discus and support Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have checked Environment Variables. Both "TEMP" and "TMP" are set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.Any advice? Thanks in advance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Noel Anderson1, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

I have checked Environment Variables. Both "TEMP" and "TMP" are set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.Any advice? Thanks in advance.

:)

Noel Anderson1, Feb 3, 2023
  2. metro5053 Win User

Cannot delete tmp folders

OK, tried to delete them in the Safe mode, still says I need administrator permission to carry out the action.
    They are on the C drive not in any folder just listed one after another in amongst Program files, Program files(x86), Windows etc.
    Hydranix, sorry don't really understand what to do, so have not tried it.
    Disc cleanup did not work, unfortunately. Haven't got a clue how they appeared there, being tmp files would have thought I could have deleted them.
    Really appreciated the advice
    Thanks and Regards
    Bob

metro5053, Feb 3, 2023
  3. joad-5 Win User
    deleting tmp files

Can I delete the following files in map program files?

Gum7C21.tmp and Gut7C31.tmp.

The 2 files appear after installing W 10

Thanks in advance for an answer.

joad-5, Feb 3, 2023
  4. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

1. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting - Similar Threads - Tmp files appearing

2. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting: I have checked Environment Variables. Both "TEMP" and "TMP" are set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.Any advice? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files-appearing-in-folders-and-not-deleting/87e480be-1879-4f00-b1a6-1f43ab0db03c
  3. Cant delete TMP files inside %Temp% Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant delete TMP files inside %Temp% Folder: a little backstory, i got a bunch of viruses and had to reset my pc, and these seem to carry over and i cant get rid of them and keep getting an error that their open in another program and therefore i cannot delete them. my pc seems to be running slow and my search bar...
  4. Cant delete TMP files inside %Temp% Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant delete TMP files inside %Temp% Folder: a little backstory, i got a bunch of viruses and had to reset my pc, and these seem to carry over and i cant get rid of them and keep getting an error that their open in another program and therefore i cannot delete them. my pc seems to be running slow and my search bar...
  5. What are these tmp folders for: is it ok to delete them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are these tmp folders for: is it ok to delete them?: I have multiple tw-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx.tmp folders inC:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local folder.They contain 299 files, 6,295 folders with a size of 34.4 MB. Most of the folders are tmp's such as tw-1b18-21dc-dfb5a.tmp. The ones I have checked have 0 bytes This...
  6. tmp files .tmp

tmp files .tmp: I can empty all data in local temp folder , but as soon as open any web browser like Chrome or Microsoft edge they reappear. The files look like fc11a109-3f15-45b0-b483-630e1584a674.tmp. If I try then to delete the files individually, I get the message " The action can't be...
  7. Can I Delete these .tmp files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I Delete these .tmp files?: Looking at this folder <C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\EFR\sentree\protections> I see a lot of tmp files - over 1400 - with a name UIDxxxxx_info.json.tmp, where x is a number, and all showing the current date. Is it safe to delete these files, not that...
  8. Is it safe to delete the $WINDOWS.~TMP folder itself, not just the files in the folder?

Is it safe to delete the $WINDOWS.~TMP folder itself, not just the files in the folder?: I understand that I can delete the folders and files inside it, but will Windows 10 be unhappy if that folder isn't there, or will it just recreate it as needed?...
  9. Cannot delete tmp folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete tmp folders: Hi, small annoying problem, when I go to 'My PC' somehow I have a lot of temporary folders on my C: drive, and cannot get rid of them. Says that 'You require permission from the administrator to make these changes. I have tried using the command prompt with:net user...
  10. Deleting TMP Files In System profile folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting TMP Files In System profile folder: I would like to know if TMP files in System Profile folder can safely be deleted ? Actual location..C:/ Users/Windows/System32/Config/Systemprofile.. I have about 10,000 or so ! Thank you 76758