Windows 10: .tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture

Discus and support .tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My job consists of me uploading lots to an online auction. It requires me to download pictures of the products from the internet and then upload them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TeddySalmon, Dec 13, 2021.

1. .tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture

My job consists of me uploading lots to an online auction. It requires me to download pictures of the products from the internet and then upload them to the auction later on in the process. However, starting today, my desktop has been creating .tmp files that won't go away unless I right-click and then refresh. Which slows down my process quite a bit. Is there any way to disable these .tmp files from showing up on my desktop?

:)

TeddySalmon, Dec 13, 2021

2. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Dec 13, 2021
  3. annoying tmp files in downloads folder

Hi all,

for a while now my "downloads" folder has been full of .tmp files that make it impossible to find any real downloads in the folder.

I read online these files might be associated with chrome, but I don't know the steps to deal with this issue.

would appreciate help with this

JakeBilchinsky, Dec 13, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

.tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture

how to get rid on thnDE7.tmp

Hi
    Tomhen,

Based on the details you have provided, we have some
    questions for you:

• Do you know from what application or file does thnDE7.tmp came from?

• Do you want to delete it or stop your pc from creating .tmp
      files?

• You stated that there are 2 people helping you, may I know what were the troubleshooting steps that you and they
      have done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 13, 2021
Thema:

.tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture

1. .tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture - Similar Threads - tmp files are

2. Random .tmp file being created on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random .tmp file being created on startup.: I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and I'm having this random .tmp file created on startup. If i try to delete the latest one created it says I can't because its in use in System. Is this something to worry about? Here are screenshots of my things as...
  3. Random .tmp file being created on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random .tmp file being created on startup.: I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and I'm having this random .tmp file created on startup. If i try to delete the latest one created it says I can't because its in use in System. Is this something to worry about? Here are screenshots of my things as...
  4. Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture: Why is Windows 10 creating a temp file on my desktop when I download a picture? And how do I stop this from happening? The only way I can delete it is reboot. I tried the following:a Press Windows Key + W on the keyboard.b Type Folder Options and click on it.c...
  5. Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture: Why is Windows 10 creating a temp file on my desktop when I download a picture? And how do I stop this from happening? The only way I can delete it is reboot. I tried the following:a Press Windows Key + W on the keyboard.b Type Folder Options and click on it.c...
  6. Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture

Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture: Why is Windows 10 creating a temp file on my desktop when I download a picture? And how do I stop this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-files-created-on-desktop-after-downloading-a/19690994-6073-42e3-bd22-0b42c2952f84
  7. .tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture: My job consists of me uploading lots to an online auction. It requires me to download pictures of the products from the internet and then upload them to the auction later on in the process. However, starting today, my desktop has been creating .tmp files that won't go away...
  8. .tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture

.tmp files are being created on my desktop after every downloaded picture: My job consists of me uploading lots to an online auction. It requires me to download pictures of the products from the internet and then upload them to the auction later on in the process. However, starting today, my desktop has been creating .tmp files that won't go away...
  9. tmp files .tmp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tmp files .tmp: I can empty all data in local temp folder , but as soon as open any web browser like Chrome or Microsoft edge they reappear. The files look like fc11a109-3f15-45b0-b483-630e1584a674.tmp. If I try then to delete the files individually, I get the message " The action can't be...
  10. Creating shortcuts freeze explorer / create tmp files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating shortcuts freeze explorer / create tmp files.: Hello, I currently have reformatted & installed Windows 10. I've been having this weird issue where if I rename / create shortcuts my computer will freeze. After about 15-20 seconds, explorer will restart and put files "~ew shortcut.tmp / New shortcut.lnk~RF3cc187.TMP" on my...