Windows 10: tmp files

Discus and support tmp files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have loads of 'tmp' files being created hourly and find this very annoying. Only started happening in last 2 weeks. Anyone know how I can stop these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveP2608, Sep 27, 2019.

1. DaveP2608 Win User

tmp files

I have loads of 'tmp' files being created hourly and find this very annoying. Only started happening in last 2 weeks. Anyone know how I can stop these from being created?

:)

DaveP2608, Sep 27, 2019

2. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    how to get rid on thnDE7.tmp

Hi
    Tomhen,

Based on the details you have provided, we have some
    questions for you:

• Do you know from what application or file does thnDE7.tmp came from?

• Do you want to delete it or stop your pc from creating .tmp
      files?

• You stated that there are 2 people helping you, may I know what were the troubleshooting steps that you and they
      have done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 27, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

tmp files

Windows 10; After Each Prt Job, .TMP File Left in Printers Folder; Can't Delete, Error in Printfilterpipelinesvc.exe

Hello,

For us to isolate the issue about deleting a TMP file after a printing job, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did the issue started to occur?
    • Does the issue persist when you print using another device?
    • Is your printer a wireless printer?
    As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you download and run the
    printing troubleshooter

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

tmp files

1. tmp files - Similar Threads - tmp files

2. Can I delete these tmp. files? And could it potentially be a malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete these tmp. files? And could it potentially be a malware?: These .tmp files are in my D drive, and they take up a lot of my storage. I'm not sure whether I should delete them since they are protected. The two files are named DUMP1c13.tmp and DUMP16a4.tmp. Also, just to be clear, these are not some sort of malware right? Since I did...
  3. Can I delete these tmp. files? And could it potentially be a malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete these tmp. files? And could it potentially be a malware?: These .tmp files are in my D drive, and they take up a lot of my storage. I'm not sure whether I should delete them since they are protected. The two files are named DUMP1c13.tmp and DUMP16a4.tmp. Also, just to be clear, these are not some sort of malware right? Since I did...
  4. Can I delete these tmp. files? And could it potentially be a malware?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Trying to recover or open a tmp or dmp file from a Wordpad document that just disappeared...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to recover or open a tmp or dmp file from a Wordpad document that just disappeared...: I created a file in Wordpad with Windowes 7. I didn't save it at any time. It's a very important file for a petition and when I changed screens just to do a Google spell check I returned and the file was gone...completely. I knew approximately the exact time it happened so...
  6. Trying to recover or open a tmp or dmp file from a Wordpad document that just disappeared...

Trying to recover or open a tmp or dmp file from a Wordpad document that just disappeared...: I created a file in Wordpad with Windowes 7. I didn't save it at any time. It's a very important file for a petition and when I changed screens just to do a Google spell check I returned and the file was gone...completely. I knew approximately the exact time it happened so...
  7. TMP Files keep appearing every second on my temporary file folder that are all 20-30gbs in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TMP Files keep appearing every second on my temporary file folder that are all 20-30gbs in...: Every 2 minutes or so I check how much i have storage left one minute there 30gbs left and then another theres 500 mbs. All in a very short amount of time too. I delete all of the temp files i can but they dont stop coming....
  8. TMP Files keep appearing every second on my temporary file folder that are all 20-30gbs in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TMP Files keep appearing every second on my temporary file folder that are all 20-30gbs in...: Every 2 minutes or so I check how much i have storage left one minute there 30gbs left and then another theres 500 mbs. All in a very short amount of time too. I delete all of the temp files i can but they dont stop coming....
  9. TMP Files keep appearing every second on my temporary file folder that are all 20-30gbs in...

10. TMP files are not getting deleted in the spool folder after print is done.

TMP files are not getting deleted in the spool folder after print is done.: Some of the TMP files are deleted after PrintFilterPipelineSVC.exe is exited from the process.TMP files with some data are not deleted from the spool folder.Please let me know how to handle this, trying to solve this from many days but could not find any solution.Regards,Uday...