Windows 10: tmp files

Discus and support tmp files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have loads of 'tmp' files being created hourly and find this very annoying. Only started happening in last 2 weeks. Anyone know how I can stop these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveP2608, Sep 27, 2019.

1. DaveP2608 Win User

tmp files

I have loads of 'tmp' files being created hourly and find this very annoying. Only started happening in last 2 weeks. Anyone know how I can stop these from being created?

:)

DaveP2608, Sep 27, 2019

2. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    how to get rid on thnDE7.tmp

Hi
    Tomhen,

Based on the details you have provided, we have some
    questions for you:

• Do you know from what application or file does thnDE7.tmp came from?

• Do you want to delete it or stop your pc from creating .tmp
      files?

• You stated that there are 2 people helping you, may I know what were the troubleshooting steps that you and they
      have done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 27, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

tmp files

Windows 10; After Each Prt Job, .TMP File Left in Printers Folder; Can't Delete, Error in Printfilterpipelinesvc.exe

Hello,

For us to isolate the issue about deleting a TMP file after a printing job, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did the issue started to occur?
    • Does the issue persist when you print using another device?
    • Is your printer a wireless printer?
    As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you download and run the
    printing troubleshooter

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

tmp files

1. tmp files - Similar Threads - tmp files

2. How can I open/recover files with the .up TMP extension?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I open/recover files with the .up TMP extension?: Hello, several files I backed on a Hootoo flash drive have become corrupted and show this extension. They have migrated to a Deleted, hidden folder. How can I salvage them? Thabnk you so much for any help you can give....
  3. Expert needed. Help with a RunDLL missing tmp file error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Expert needed. Help with a RunDLL missing tmp file error: [ATTACH] Hi All, ill keep this short. Have an old windows 7 PC. That every few minutes brings up a RUNDLL error box that says that a particular .tmp file is missin. This has been going on for a year. i click ok, it goes away for 10-15 min and then comes back. i even...
  4. Unusual tmp files

Unusual tmp files: I navigated to a folder on my local server and noticed that a tmp file flashed in to view briefly in the folder and then disappeared. I was able to open a properties view window before it disappeared. It showed a file named EVPS_1744_4132_20201613742.tmp owned by the...
  5. My drive keeps filling with thousands of tmp files

My drive keeps filling with thousands of tmp files: My hard drives keeps filling with tmp files, I try deleting them but within a couple of hours they're all back again and when I say filling up, I mean filling up 30,000 of them got deleted at the last count. I've tried the microsoft store fix that was issued as a potential...
  6. Trying to reset laptop, cleared TMP files by pressing F12 and now on a weird loop for over...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to reset laptop, cleared TMP files by pressing F12 and now on a weird loop for over...: Hi, I was resetting my laptop (ASUS zenbook, windows 10) to factory setting, and during the process it asked me if I want to clear TMP files by pressing F12 or continue by pressing ESC. I pressed F12 and since then, its been on this weird loop where it starts, shows its...
  7. Is it safe to delete every tmp / temp file with a batch script?

Is it safe to delete every tmp / temp file with a batch script?: Hello everyone! I made a little script as follows: @echo off title deleting temp files del /s /q c:\*.tmp del /s /q c:\*.temp pause is it safe to run?...
  8. Deleting tmp files in C:\Windows\Temp

Deleting tmp files in C:\Windows\Temp: Hello Should I be deleting .tmp files in C:\Windows\Temp? If so, when I try, I get a message saying I need administrator permission. As a user, I am an administrator. Even if I log on as "Administrator," I get the same message saying I need administrator approval. I...
  9. "tw-7f0-87c-*****.tmp" files

in Windows 10 Support
    "tw-7f0-87c-*****.tmp" files: I get lots of "tw-7f0-87c-*****.tmp" files into C:\Windows\Temp Any idea what these are? [img] 130824
  10. Windows 10; After Each Prt Job, .TMP File Left in Printers Folder; Can't Delete, Error in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10; After Each Prt Job, .TMP File Left in Printers Folder; Can't Delete, Error in...: I'm working on a computer on which, after every print job, 3 files remain in the C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers folder. 2 can be deleted without issue. The 3rd, a .tmp file throws an error when I try to delete it. Nothing else can be printed until the .tmp file is...